Pages:
Author

Topic: What would happen if another cryptocurrency took Bitcoins place in Market Cap? - page 3. (Read 2651 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 391
I dont think that bitcoin can be replaced by another cryptocurrency. Maybe one day we can see some altcoins which have bigger marketcap than BTC. But this does not mean that BTC was replaced. Even now, there are many cryptocurrencies which have better technology than BTC but people prefer to use BTC.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?

At the current level of cyrpto adoption this is simply impossible. If Bitcoin, the most trusted cryptocurrency, fails then all the other cryptos will fail as well. Maybe in the far far future, when Bitcoin will be used by hundreds of millions of people, and, say, Stellar will be used and trusted by approximately the same amount, the situation à la  "The King is Dead – Long Live the new King!", as some posters suggest, will be possible, but not at this point.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I think that would be a distant future, but if that happens then we will have a new coin above Bitcoin and that coin would really have a good potential. maybe that will happen, We can't predict the future.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
I think many people will move to popular coins that can surpassed bitcoin because investors right now invest because they want to earn profit they want if bitcoins popularity will disappear so many will take its to take his throne so that coin lead someday will have a huge value.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
for myself this will instead be a good thing to get money, bitcoin also continues to downfrom month to month, I hope one future coin replaces it
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?
Then there would be a new "KING" if that thing do happen on seeing bitcoin is being overtaken by other altcoins in the market.It would surely be a record and lots of people would be shocked specially to those who hardly believe on bitcoin but we do all know this thing is really hard to achieve,its possible but would really takes time and consideration on the community on switching out into a new coin rather than on bitcoin itself.

I agree. If that would happen, it would just create a market shift, and more and more people would focus their transactions on that new coin that will take over Bitcoin's place. I mean, people would always come after the top coin in the market because it always has more to offer as supposed to those that are under it. However, it wouldn't be that easy to do since the thing about cryptocurrencies is that Bitcoin, being the pioneer coin, has all the advantages in terms of popularity and value, which makes it really hard to dethrone it.
Activity: 340
Merit: 10
It is difficult to make that happen, as the whole market depends on bitcoin. bitcoin is a measure of the value of a coin altcoin. Bitcoin is more popular than any altcoin and I still think bitcoin will stand up to the king's position of crypto.
Activity: 51
I think for me, other coins such as ETH are way better than BTC. I mean the way ETH has been performing with projects and exchanges, it wil overtake it soon. Nut if you're asking if there is a ripple effect, then i guess not really that i know of.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11

I think its very normal if others coin replace bitcoin as biggest market cap value. I am believe soon or later that will happen because bitcoin only have 21 million supply and others coin have more supply. But in price, i think bitcoin still valueable than others
Activity: 71
At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ripple,  Litecoin and Ethereum.  But Bitcoin is historically the first and best crypto currency. It’s been just a few years since the bitcoin came into existence and there’s still a long way to go.
Activity: 299
Merit: 11
If ever it did happen, which is improbable by the way, bitcoin will still surpass them at some point since ETH is not built for payments outside of its system and Monero is just creepy with all the extreme secrecy and anonymity.
Activity: 56
If this happens, then such a coin, like bitcoin, will have a dominant effect on another crypto currency. That is, such a coin will have to influence the price of another crypto currency.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I'm not sure that these two coins can replace the position of bitcoin, even though ethereum has great confidence but it's not enough to replace the bitcoin position.

Well the question is what if one of them does? Would it be bad for the market? I don't think so. If another coin displaces btc and the top coin, that probably means that btc's popularity dwindled already and a certain coin rose in ranks and acceptance.
Activity: 128
I'm not sure that these two coins can replace the position of bitcoin, even though ethereum has great confidence but it's not enough to replace the bitcoin position.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 135
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
In that case, that coin would really have a good potential. I cannot see any new coin that can replace bitcoin yet. As we all know, a lot of people already trusted bitcoin and they consider it as the main currency because it's the first cryptocurrency to become very successful and bring convenience to everyone.

This is true. But just like in economy there is competition. One may rise and the other may go down. But it is better for the market if the bitcoin stays at number amd stay being the king of all coins because it is the reason why more people uses cryptocurrency . But if it happens, then so be it. People is good at accepting changes.
Activity: 730
Merit: 250
If such a coin appears then everyone will start selling bitcoins,which will lead to the decline of the market.In the near future, such a coin will not appear.Capitalization may approach, but it will never be more bitcoin.
Activity: 140
Well, it would still be fine as long as the presence of bitcoin was there. Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency created last 2009. This is the basis for emerging other cryptos over the internet. So, no worries if another coin takes the place of bitcoin in coinmarketcap as long as bitcoin's purpose is still there being a digital money, an alternative currency for our fiat money.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
If any of cryptocurrency takes first place in CoinMarketCap table, there are two possibilities. If this coin will also have a significant level of capitalization with respect to other types of cryptocurrency, this coin will carry a price dominance over the rest of cryptocurrency. If the capitalization level not much will outperform other coins, the price of cryptocurrency market will be relatively free, and I would like to see both at the same time behave coins and tokens. I think this will be a real crypto currency market.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png
Then bitcoin will be on the second place. I just see that we’re not always on the top, sometimes we fall to comeout better. If such cryto will be on top, it only shows they surpass the one on top because it managed things well. Sometimes those also on top does not improve anymore that’s why they fail to remain there.
Activity: 40
Its just a matter of accepting that another crypto emerge better than bitcoin. Accept it and move on by investing on it. It also mean that many will depend on it and will be a source of standard for the other cryptos.
Pages:
Jump to: