Pages:
Author

Topic: What would you do if you received 20 bitcoins? - page 11. (Read 9756 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
Someone may send to the wrong address and could be sad to lose 20 BTC. Absolutely return back to the sending address. Same as pick up a wallet containing cash, card, ID etc, what will you do?

I agree, or at least make an effort to contact the person.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Give 1 btc away and invest the rest in altcoins

The virtual way of watching it spiral down the toilet?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
Someone may send to the wrong address and could be sad to lose 20 BTC. Absolutely return back to the sending address. Same as pick up a wallet containing cash, card, ID etc, what will you do?

It concerns me that there are thee posts advocating returning the funds to the "sending address," no questions asked.

Bitcoin has no such concept. When you spend Bitcoin, you spend coin outputs. Often, but not always, you must sign the transaction with a specific "address" to spend those outputs. If any type of coin mixing is involved, it may not be clear who the "sender" is. Which of the (for example) 5 "senders" would you return the coins to?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074
what a dumb ass OP is.

Are you still a fcktard who think bitcoin is some toy money?

Because the same question can be asked for USD, what would you do if you found $10k on the ground?

Bitcoin is money, now think how dumb you just sound.

My advice to you, spend it to have better education dumbass.

What is wrong to think what would happens if you win in lotto or if you get $10k work bonus/prize anything? That can happens with everyone.

And there are things that would be easier or harder with BTC than with fiat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
what a dumb ass OP is.

Because the same question can be asked for USD, what would you do if you found $10k on the ground?

why you so angry man? you got issues or what?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
what a dumb ass OP is.

Activity: 280
Nothing in this world is free. I'd send it back to the originating address.

Well, let me rephrase that. I'd send a few bitcents back asking if it were a mistake. Because ya never know... maybe someone wanted to bless me.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074
Hold
1 or 2 bitcoins to play BiPolarBob
Buy some altcoins
Play on Primedice.

That is it.
Activity: 700
I would hold 10 and flip the other 10 using altcoins. Rinse and repeat until Im a btc whale. lol
Activity: 448
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin
Hold the majority of the coins.

Maybe buy some AM shares or play some dice on PD3

Solid strategy! Hodl
legendary
Activity: 896
Hold the majority of the coins.

Maybe buy some AM shares or play some dice on PD3
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
Call me cynical, but I find it difficult to believe so many of you would really send back the coins.

Checkout the feedback that DannyHamilton left me (the escrow): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=16614

He sent 11.2 BTC to me by accident, I didn't even think a second about keeping it!

I mean it's not much different then finding money on the ground.  Not in the case of TwinWinNerd I expect.  I would think in that case he had a clue who the money belonged to but not sure. 
If I find a wallet with no ID in the street loaded with money I'd like to believe I'd make an effort to return the money but apart of me is really going to want to keep it I have no doubt.  Even then it is not the same situation I guess because with Bitcoin I could always just send the coins back where they came from.
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
Call me cynical, but I find it difficult to believe so many of you would really send back the coins.

Checkout the feedback that DannyHamilton left me (the escrow): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=16614

He sent 11.2 BTC to me by accident, I didn't even think a second about keeping it!
Activity: 239
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1456
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
I would absolutely send it back to the sender if possible. Any amount of money received by mistake could represent a large percentage of the senders net worth
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
I guess I'd start a thread and try and locate the sender on the forum but another part of me would want to invest, gamble, hodl and splurge a few coins hehe.
I would buy some sha256 or scrypt equipment. Or buy different cryptos at low price. Donate some to different developers. So many ways to spend them.

you probably found the quickest way to get rid of those coins again. lol
Activity: 238
Find the owner, and give it back.
Activity: 221
I would buy some sha256 or scrypt equipment. Or buy different cryptos at low price. Donate some to different developers. So many ways to spend them.
If I could not find the sender I would invest in shares of klyemax studios.  Cheesy

All kidding aside I would try to find the sender and if I could not find them I would invest it.

Hahah, did you invest in him? That story was incredible, wasn't it? I mean it was money he raised from freaking investors, for crying out loud!!! It's one thing to gamble away your own money, but the money from people who trusted you with their money.... Never!

No, I stayed far away from that. That was a train wreck that anyone that spent time at Just Dice could see coming. It was entertaining to watch for sure.

yeah, a guy that handles money so badly (gambling ect) that he gets homeless wants to run a company. What could go wrong.

Wow, so did he really went homeless after this? The last thing I know was that he indeed tried to pay back investors (which is futile) but still hangs around in his favourite bar, where he tried to get the waitress to strip for his company. Did he really lose his apartment?

He was homeless before all this happend. He begged for days on just-dice so that he can get food and shelter. Then he somehow got a job but still gambled away his loans.

It is a very tragic story, but I have no feelings for the investors, because it was a disaster in the making.
Pages:
Jump to: