Pages:
Author

Topic: What would you do if you received 20 bitcoins? - page 12. (Read 9756 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Honest 80s business!
If I could not find the sender I would invest in shares of klyemax studios.  Cheesy

All kidding aside I would try to find the sender and if I could not find them I would invest it.

Hahah, did you invest in him? That story was incredible, wasn't it? I mean it was money he raised from freaking investors, for crying out loud!!! It's one thing to gamble away your own money, but the money from people who trusted you with their money.... Never!

No, I stayed far away from that. That was a train wreck that anyone that spent time at Just Dice could see coming. It was entertaining to watch for sure.

yeah, a guy that handles money so badly (gambling ect) that he gets homeless wants to run a company. What could go wrong.

Wow, so did he really went homeless after this? The last thing I know was that he indeed tried to pay back investors (which is futile) but still hangs around in his favourite bar, where he tried to get the waitress to strip for his company. Did he really lose his apartment?
Honest 80s business!
If I could not find the sender I would invest in shares of klyemax studios.  Cheesy

All kidding aside I would try to find the sender and if I could not find them I would invest it.

Hahah, did you invest in him? That story was incredible, wasn't it? I mean it was money he raised from freaking investors, for crying out loud!!! It's one thing to gamble away your own money, but the money from people who trusted you with their money.... Never!

No, I stayed far away from that. That was a train wreck that anyone that spent time at Just Dice could see coming. It was entertaining to watch for sure.

Good thing for you then. Were you a regular at Just Dice? Did everyone really know what he was about to do (starting the IPO) and suspect that he's going to blow the money on JD instead? I almost can't believe this is really true!
Activity: 539
Merit: 255
Pay off some loans and invest the rest.
Activity: 448
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin
If I could not find the sender I would invest in shares of klyemax studios.  Cheesy

yeah, a guy that handles money so badly (gambling ect) that he gets homeless wants to run a company. What could go wrong.
Activity: 406
If I could not find the sender I would invest in shares of klyemax studios.  Cheesy

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
If I received 20 bitcoins I would try to find who made the error, if I can find him then I'll send back all the coins to the original owner.
This is the correct answer. It is not right to take something that does not belong to you. If you are unable to get in contact with the person who sent the coins you should post here and wait for proof from someone that they sent you the coins in error. If after a certain amount of time (maybe a few months) and am unable to get in contact with the sender then I would pick a charity with a noble cause to donate the coins to.
Better question maybe...
What would you do if you setgenerate true and mined a block with 25 bitcoin after only a few seconds?
Then there's no moral obligation to send it back to anyone, because there's nobody to send it back to (unless you decide to distribute it evenly among everyone who has bitcoin, proportional to the amount they have, but I don't see the purpose in doing that).

Yep, exactly. That would be a much better question!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
20 Bitcoin is a big amount. It would be great if i get 20 Bitcoin. If i got 20 Bitcoin i will start trading with them. I always want to be a trader. I think i will be able to fulfill my dream.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Better question maybe...
What would you do if you setgenerate true and mined a block with 25 bitcoin after only a few seconds?
Then there's no moral obligation to send it back to anyone, because there's nobody to send it back to (unless you decide to distribute it evenly among everyone who has bitcoin, proportional to the amount they have, but I don't see the purpose in doing that).
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
If I received 20 bitcoins I would try to find who made the error, if I can find him then I'll send back all the coins to the original owner.
If not I would add them to my cold storage and thank the unknown donator.
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
Travel, go hiking in some remote location. Life atm is pretty shitty so that would be a pretty awesome holiday / getaway....and then go to barbados or ibiza to some techno party! (that lasts 1 week atleast). The rest will go into a cold wallet for age of old.
Your just sitting there and you get a notification that you have received 20 bitcoins out of nowhere. What would you do?

Woah, I don't know man, that's a loooot of money right there! I think it'd just put some marley records on and celebrate for a while. Just think about all the stuff you can get for that kind of money! I guess it'd put a lot of it in an Armory wallet but use some of it to buy some nice thing, ya know? Wink

So, not a single second of your time would be wasted on figuring out who accidently sent you 12000$?
Not very naiise Moonn.
Activity: 280
Relax!
Your just sitting there and you get a notification that you have received 20 bitcoins out of nowhere. What would you do?

Woah, I don't know man, that's a loooot of money right there! I think it'd just put some marley records on and celebrate for a while. Just think about all the stuff you can get for that kind of money! I guess it'd put a lot of it in an Armory wallet but use some of it to buy some nice thing, ya know? Wink
I would try and return the funds to the sender.

In fact this did happen to me once. An upstart business called BitSpend (remember them?) erroneously refunded me twice to the sum of 12 BTC. I sent it back to them, but in retrospect maybe I should have just kept it because they were out of business no more than a few weeks later.

Hindsight is a bitch, but good for you for sending it back. Most people are very scruple when it comes to money.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
I would try and return the funds to the sender.

In fact this did happen to me once. An upstart business called BitSpend (remember them?) erroneously refunded me twice to the sum of 12 BTC. I sent it back to them, but in retrospect maybe I should have just kept it because they were out of business no more than a few weeks later.
Honest 80s business!

Activity: 476
I would have demanded to satoshi why he gave that much BTC now, not a month ago to when I need very much btc. : D
Activity: 406

Honest 80s business!

I guess I'd be really really happy and put them in a safe paper wallet first. Getting hold of so much money makes you kind of prone to do stupid decisions like gamble them away, buy stuff you really don't need or be careless. I think I'd sleep it over a couple of days first, at least!!!
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
I'm quite shocked by the amount of people who wouldn't return it and would just use it for themselves.
Pages:
Jump to: