Pages:
Author

Topic: What would you do if you received 20 bitcoins? - page 14. (Read 9756 times)

legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
feed 20 btc worth of people
Activity: 840
Merit: 524
Yes!
If no one prove they own the address, I will forward it to my cold storage and wait 10 - 15 years and see what happen to bitcoin. I will probably sell it once it reach 10,000 per bitcoin.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Give 1 btc away and invest the rest in altcoins
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074
If they are meant to be sent to me by some mad bitcoin millionaire or some kind of bitcoin lottery9aka not fruit of years of work):

10 BTC to giveaways that will make BiPolarBob's deals seems like common ones.

Some bitcoins to invest in something

Wharever left I will put on freezer for cold storage
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
i will wait until someone panicking after send to wrong address Grin
after he/she can prove own that address, i'll send it back
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin
I would send the coins back if I found out someone sent them there per accident.
donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
I made a lot of bad loans in 2012. I'd assume some borrower was repaying me. Starfish BCB maybe?

Since I usually give out unique addresses to different people, I'd probably have a good idea who paid me. If the person who was given that address wasn't the person who paid me, then I'd probably keep the coins. Nobody else has any business messing with that address and if they accidentally sent BTC there it would be their loss.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Donate them to shawn's  outpost!
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
id look at where the funds came from and google search the address to see if i can find the sender. then if lucky to find him(yes ud be surprised how many people publicly publish their addresses), see if it was sent by mistake and return it.*

if i couldnt find him id leave it aside for a month to see if anyone shouts on reddit or here about accidentally sending funds elsewhere and if the addresses match. send it back*

*asking the person to sign a message using the send address to prove original ownership.

if both of those fail and its been over a month. then id use the funds to invest in businesses that have legitimate business plans and a feasible idea that shows some actual benefit to the community.

........... but thats just the kind of person i am

If this is true I'm honestly amazed. The world needs more people like you.

If I got it I'd probably need a while to believe it. I'd cash out a bit to be sure I'm not dreaming.
Then probably move it to an offline address for safety and share the story with you all Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
id look at where the funds came from and google search the address to see if i can find the sender. then if lucky to find him(yes ud be surprised how many people publicly publish their addresses), see if it was sent by mistake and return it.*

if i couldnt find him id leave it aside for a month to see if anyone shouts on reddit or here about accidentally sending funds elsewhere and if the addresses match. send it back*

*asking the person to sign a message using the send address to prove original ownership.

if both of those fail and its been over a month. then id use the funds to invest in businesses that have legitimate business plans and a feasible idea that shows some actual benefit to the community.

........... but thats just the kind of person i am
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
Someone may send to the wrong address and could be sad to lose 20 BTC. Absolutely return back to the sending address. Same as pick up a wallet containing cash, card, ID etc, what will you do?
Activity: 532
Currently held as collateral by monbux
Invest it in a Bitcoin related business or start my own Bitcoin business with the money.
Activity: 616
Crypto Knight
Your just sitting there and you get a notification that you have received 20 bitcoins out of nowhere. What would you do?
Pages:
Jump to: