Pages:
Author

Topic: What's wrong with eating meat? - page 14. (Read 30237 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 25, 2014, 09:46:13 AM
i bought myself a nutribullet pro. went from eating fast food meat and junk food to mostly fruit. banana, oranges, apples, grapes, strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, honeydew. i recently started adding some vegetables. kale, carrots, and celery. i make 3 or 4 smoothies a day. been doing it for about 2 months. i feel drastically better. especially my mood and state of mind. i will eat meat but its more of an occasional thing just to enjoy something different. that blender was one of the best things i have ever purchased. it's so much quicker easier and cheaper. i will never go back to my old eating habits.
There is this issue: not everyone has access to multiple kinds of fresh fruit at all times. I'd do that if I could. (I occasionally make smoothies too)

Smoothies aren't really good for you. Far too much sugar.
Mixing fruit only isn't good? Where did you come up with this Sherlock?

What do you mean?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
April 25, 2014, 09:41:13 AM
i bought myself a nutribullet pro. went from eating fast food meat and junk food to mostly fruit. banana, oranges, apples, grapes, strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, honeydew. i recently started adding some vegetables. kale, carrots, and celery. i make 3 or 4 smoothies a day. been doing it for about 2 months. i feel drastically better. especially my mood and state of mind. i will eat meat but its more of an occasional thing just to enjoy something different. that blender was one of the best things i have ever purchased. it's so much quicker easier and cheaper. i will never go back to my old eating habits.
There is this issue: not everyone has access to multiple kinds of fresh fruit at all times. I'd do that if I could. (I occasionally make smoothies too)

Mixing fruit only isn't good? Where did you come up with this Sherlock?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
The General
April 25, 2014, 09:10:09 AM
You will die soon, if you do not eat meat. Wink

These meat substitutes are reinforced with the same nutrition meat has and more. Plus they don't have any cholesterol, they don't have a lot of fat, they have a lot of antioxidants and a lot of fiber in return.

Also vegetarians live longer than people who eat meat:

http://time.com/9463/7-reasons-vegetarians-live-longer/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-freston/plant-based-diet_b_1981838.html

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324423904578523190441042514

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/04/vegetarians-death-premature-longevity-live-longer_n_3380781.html

http://healthylongevity.blogspot.com/2014/02/death-by-veggiephobia.html

So I think the basis of your comment is due to culture and not science. Culture also raises us to be religious, but many of us start to question our beliefs. Many of us eat the same crap everyday but unlike religion many of us do not question our belief on why we eat what we eat.
The General
April 25, 2014, 08:54:01 AM
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
April 25, 2014, 08:51:57 AM
Interesting but that green shit looks vile.
The General
April 25, 2014, 08:45:58 AM
Oh yeah, I just saw it on the news today! The transition to meatless meat. They gave 5 news anchors a chance to test out the meatless chicken and they agreed that the real chicken was on one side, the fake chicken was on the other. It turns out they got it wrong! They did the same for beef, and got it wrong as well.

So they thought the real meat was the fake meat, and the fake meat was the real meat. Imagine that!!

I also learned this new information because they showed how the top CEOs like the Twitter CEO who I found out is Vegan, Yahoo Founder Jerry Yang, and even Bill Gates are supporting this new revolutionary movement.

They also gave similar arguments that we have gone over in this thread, like:

• The meatless meats taste the same if not better
  • It is has the same nutrition as meat and is fortified with more
  • There is no cholesterol and barely any fat
  • It is filled with antioxidants and fiber
  • It cost much much less to produce than real meat
  • Therefore it can also often be bought at a cheaper price
  • It doesn't take months or years to raise

Even Bill Gates says he could not tell the difference between real meat and meatless meat:

Note he gave these twitter quotes all in a row, all of it about meatless foods:

See most people here have never tried meatless meat and therefore they think it doesn't taste as good, nor do they think it is as nutritious. It's wrong to assume things when other people who have tried it say otherwise, as well as when you have never tried it out yourself.
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
April 25, 2014, 06:38:22 AM
I once read their are nutrients that can only be found in beef.  Also I think people eat to much meat and they aren't exercising as much as they could so they have an excess of protein which means they will put on weight.

What nutrients are those?

These have been talked about in page 10, fyi Smiley
April 25, 2014, 06:20:31 AM
I once read their are nutrients that can only be found in beef.  Also I think people eat to much meat and they aren't exercising as much as they could so they have an excess of protein which means they will put on weight.

What nutrients are those?
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
April 25, 2014, 02:19:32 AM
that is true many people have allergies that must be taken into consideration.  Our species have survived thanks to meat for a long time so in my mind if consumed responsibly.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1001
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
April 25, 2014, 02:14:13 AM

If you buy them, probably, but they're healthy if you make them yourself.
#

How so? Fruits are full of natural sugars and liquidating loads isn't good. Just fruit juice is worse  though.

Our body needs somewhere between 120 and 200 grams of natural sugars per day.

Our bodies can convert complex carbs into glucose, so we certainly don't need that much sugar. Everybody is different and you can't expect that different people will thrive on the same diet. Some people's bodies need more meats, or sugars, or fats. Some people can't synthesize certain essential amino acids, some can't digest certain grains properly, etc.
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
April 24, 2014, 07:36:34 PM
Activity: 756
April 24, 2014, 03:44:49 PM
How much is in a smoothie?

Well it depends on what you put in it.
If you do a smoothie with one banana (20g glucides), one apple (15g), and half a mango (15g), that's still less than 40% of the recommended amount of glucides to eat in a day.

That's fine but not dumping all this in one go:

I bet he shits fruitjuice  Grin
April 24, 2014, 03:38:30 PM

Well it depends on what you put in it.
If you do a smoothie with one banana (20g glucides), one apple (15g), and half a mango (15g), that's still less than 40% of the recommended amount of glucides to eat in a day.
Activity: 840
Merit: 509
April 24, 2014, 03:36:35 PM

#

How so? Fruits are full of natural sugars and liquidating loads isn't good. Just fruit juice is worse  though.

A shitload lol. Depends on how much and what fruit you put in.
April 24, 2014, 03:34:42 PM

#

April 24, 2014, 03:33:29 PM

#

April 24, 2014, 03:29:35 PM

#

April 24, 2014, 03:24:58 PM

April 24, 2014, 03:23:31 PM

April 24, 2014, 03:21:39 PM

Frozen fruits and veggies are fine for this Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: