Author

Topic: What's your biggest problem with Bitcoin - page 107. (Read 135083 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Love me love my Bitcoin.
August 02, 2015, 11:41:28 PM
For me, probably the transaction confirmation times.  That is one the biggest wow or attractive factors with bitcoin for myself personally.  It is getting too long.

Yep, if one day the transaction can be instantly, that would be perfect. 
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1004
BTC
August 02, 2015, 09:26:39 PM
i think the worry about if they are secure enough or not.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
August 02, 2015, 09:24:41 PM
i think the hardest part is being newbie in this forum..
if i were sr.member/full member i think it's easy to earn bitcoin from sig campaign
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 02, 2015, 08:59:46 PM
Buying bitcoins is too hard for me. (I live in Iran)

Just go to localbitcoins.com and find the people who sell bitcoin in your area
I think buying bitcoin is not hard
as long as you have internet conection
and payment procesor like paypal,neteller,payoner etc thats problem does not anything
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
August 02, 2015, 08:39:20 PM
It's difficult to know whether your Bitcoins are truly secure or not, regardless of how many precautions you take. Maybe it's just me, but I'm always checking my balance to see if someone managed to steal my coins.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
August 02, 2015, 12:30:41 PM
Transaction time & not much merchant in my country are the biggest problem.
I only use my bitcoins for online shopping since i couldn't find any merchant which accept bitcoin.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Security is still of concern, I have hopes that as the technology and adoption progresses this aspect of BTC will as well but as of right now I (like a lot of ppl here) am hyper aware of my security features.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

try to acquire it instead, via signature or mining if your electricity is not expensive, it's also a much better way then simply buying, more anonimity for you

This, with a signature campaing living in iran you may make a lot of money since I assume the minimum wage is low there (I have no idea).
But then again, he couldn't be able to buy anything since no one accepts BTC there. He would need to buy online from BTC shops only, and im not sure what would happen if the package gets checked at customs. They may have no idea what BTC is and get you asked about it.
Activity: 10
If you are talking about technical problems then it is that bitcoin is always tending towards centralization to the point that big mining companies in the near future could have a near monopoly over bitcoin. And if not it is probably the lack of retailers that use it.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
getting scammed by ponzi - while i was supposed to have my first payout and they collapsed. in fact, i shouldn't invest unless they have enough data in which proves they aren't scamming.
This is not specific to Bitcoin. It ultimately boils down to "How much should attempt Bitcoin to protect  people from themselves?".
Activity: 5
My problem is that i can't pay directly with bitcoins i have stored on my computer or other hardware.

If i want to pay in a shop (there are around 50 shops here that accept bitcoin) i need an online wallet like mycelium. The shop owners also have a specific software program that transfers the bitcoins directly in our national currency. This proces takes away the effectiveness behind it. And what happens if they hack mycelium?

Also, if shop owners would just accept bitcoin from 'normal' transactions, so without extern (centralized) software, they would have to wait at least 1h to get confirmation.

This is what makes me believe there is no future for the current bitcoin and we have to wait untill an alternative breaks through. And i'm not talking about something totaly new, but something that still uses the blockchain technology. However, it won't be the bitcoin we know today in my opinion.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

try to acquire it instead, via signature or mining if your electricity is not expensive, it's also a much better way then simply buying, more anonimity for you
more anonymity but getting big amounts is really hard through signature campaigns if you are not into spamming the forums, i guess he should try buying it from people not from exchanges
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
The time taken for transactions to get confirmed is a disappointing factor about bitcoins as sometimes it takes 30 minutes while sometimes it takes days. I don't like the fee which matters to get transactions to get confirmed. Some times we need to double spend as well to make the confirmation done faster.

Also, I don't like the Blockchain fee that's applied when amount received in the BTC account are less. It sometimes costs 50% of the amount received which isn't worth.
Activity: 508
Merit: 500
Jahaha
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
my biggest problem with bitcoin , like so many others have said before is the confirmation times.

for example when i deposit on a gambling site i have to wait a while before i can use it.
Activity: 14
The biggest problem is confirmation time, which sucks at stress test

I've never experienced slow confirmation except when I accidentally sent a transaction without including the fees. even while they were doing stress test, my transactions usually got confirmed very fast when I set the fees to 0.0005

Even more. 0.0002 did it for me during the stress tests. Of course if you wanna make absolutely sure you set them to 0.0005.

It's not an amazing difference for casual users, only few US cents more.

Well i think the fees are pretty high as it cost few cents but wait,
and in the future if the bitcoin price would be high the fees will cost more right?
but the value of them be higher than now

The fees are not a problem at all. If you want to not pay at all fee use coinbase as a wallet. At coinbase every send of bitcoin is free of charge because the fees are paid from coinbase itself. So no fees. Try to believe.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
As a lot of others I think that easy secure storage of bitcoins is the greatest challenge to solve at the moment
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
My biggest problem with Bitcoin is the Romanian scammers at Black Arrow LTD. Everything was going great until these fags screwed me out of $5k USD on the purchase of a Bitcoin miner.

What does that suppose to mean? Bitcoin is a currency. If, instead of Bitcoin, it was USD, will you say "my biggest problem with USD is the Romanian scammers at Black Arrow LTD. Everything was going great until these fags screwed me out of $5k USD on the purchase of a Bitcoin miner"?!
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
My biggest problem with Bitcoin is the Romanian scammers at Black Arrow LTD. Everything was going great until these fags screwed me out of $5k USD on the purchase of a Bitcoin miner.
Jump to: