Author

Topic: What's your biggest problem with Bitcoin - page 109. (Read 135083 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Thanks for Your Responses I Learned a Lot From The Response From People Here. But I Thinking That I Don't Know More About The Bitcoins. Is Bitcoins Can Be Reversible Like Paypal Funds Are Reversible. Is That happens With Bitcoins ??
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
For me the biggest problem with bitcoin is transaction time
Oh yeah, I forget about that.
It's painful to wait 10min - 1hour to get a confirmation, doesn't matter how much the fees
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
For me the biggest problem with bitcoin is transaction time
Activity: 94
www.bitcart.io
Bitcoin as a technology and currency is fine (other than volatility for the latter). Any problems I've ever had were relate to the trading of this technology/currency which is a human problem more than anything.

I like the bitcoin itself as a currency and their applied technology.
It has it's ups and downs, its pros and cons but it is still good.

Yeah I think as a technology it works great.

I suppose you can't forget that bitcoin is like a pyramid scheme when you consider that the person who created it hoards so many coins. It's not developed to promote equality as in that sense the whole principle is violated. I think if a better crypto comes along in the future it will be built by the community and open source from the beginning without the whole secrecy of bitcoin's conception. That's how I sometimes feel about bitcoin anyway, it is still hoarded by the hands of a few similar to fiat.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
Bitcoin as a technology and currency is fine (other than volatility for the latter). Any problems I've ever had were relate to the trading of this technology/currency which is a human problem more than anything.

I like the bitcoin itself as a currency and their applied technology.
It has it's ups and downs, its pros and cons but it is still good.
Activity: 94
www.bitcart.io
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
We have been kicking the can down the road for the past few years with these issues waiting for the second generation of bitcoin development which has solved many of these longstanding issues: 

Bitcoin is not safe enough for the average user
Change addresses. I guess it's unsolvable, but if only there could be a bitcoin which didn't require the use of a change address with transactions (i.e., unspent funds remain in original address).
That problem has been solved too:  You can obtain a new private key for your same address anytime you want to.

How can you create a new private key for the same address?

How is that possible Huh If new private key is generated does the old one still works same as the new?
Every address has it own private key. Generating a new one means new address, but you still have the current/private address' private key.
Private key just work like a password or key to access the address.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
We have been kicking the can down the road for the past few years with these issues waiting for the second generation of bitcoin development which has solved many of these longstanding issues: 

Change addresses. I guess it's unsolvable, but if only there could be a bitcoin which didn't require the use of a change address with transactions (i.e., unspent funds remain in original address).
That problem has been solved too:  You can obtain a new private key for your same address anytime you want to.

How is that possible Huh If new private key is generated does the old one still works same as the new?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
My biggest(and only) problem with bitcoin is it's confirmation time , sometimes it was fast and sometimes it's was slow.
But overall i really love bitcoin, just like others Grin
Agree, if only there are a way for bitcoin to send and receive payments instantly that would be good  Grin
4 hours to send $5  Embarrassed

you can ignore confirmations and be happy, because for that amount it does not matter at all, i don't find this to be a issue at all
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
My biggest(and only) problem with bitcoin is it's confirmation time , sometimes it was fast and sometimes it's was slow.
Agree, if only there are a way for bitcoin to send and receive payments instantly that would be good  Grin
4 hours to send $5  Embarrassed

There will be the way like, increasing block more than 2 mb to make a fast transfer but there are still polemic on it and it is impossible to make it instant for now. They will need so many things to develop. May be soon enough after there are mass adoption on bitcoin I am sure they will get a better solution about the transaction. Just need to be patiece
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
Agree, if only there are a way for bitcoin to send and receive payments instantly that would be good  Grin
4 hours to send $5  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
Time to Bitcoin for a new user, without over paying for them.

what? I don't understant what you are talking about.. can you elaborate?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024
Time to Bitcoin for a new user, without over paying for them.
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

Easy to solve.  Just craft your transaction so there is no change.  Put all your change back in your own wallet.  Easy, but bad.  Recycling address is bad, for a number of reasons.  Basically, it reduces the security of that address.  The numbers are still staggeringly astronomical, but for the cryptogeeks it is cringe worthy.  As such, no self respecting cryptographer will recycle address, and all the docs say addresses are single use.

Are there situations where recycling addresses might be beneficial though? For example, what if someones wallet.dat got corrupted but they forgot to back it up recently. If they had transactions since their last wallet backup, they would still be able to access their funds if they recycled their address.
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

That problem has been solved too:  You can obtain a new private key for your same address anytime you want to.

Activity: 533
Merit: 500
Transaction time is a biggest concern. Some time its instant. Other time it takes much time and some users even wait for like 5 confirmation which normally take 30 mins for me now. So waiting seems to be drawback.
Transaction in Bitcoin actually Instant, Confirmation of the transaction which is takes much time.  Tongue

But what about the transaction that has no fee, they never get confirmed so sad Sad

It's impossible that a transactions gets frozen forever as far as I know. All transactions eventually get processed, it will just take a lot more to get it done. The best way to avoid this is always paying the standard fee.

Well that is the best way but i have seen transactions even with some low fee, it didnt get confirmed what will happen if they dont get confirmed ? how long will stay or will lost forever that unconfirmed amount?

It is just random, I make 2 transaction with usual fee, the first one is confirmed like about below one hour and the second one it get 3 days to confirmed. IMO whoever pay more fee he will get the first chance to get confirmed but with a low miners fee I dont think it will go fast. Like I just said it takes 3 days to confirm my transaction but at least it will confirm at last, just be patience

I can paste here 2 different transaction ids with the same amount of fee and one got confirmed very quickly another one has 2 days and hasnt confirmed yet

Yes that is the biggest problem with bitcoins. Sometimes it hardly takes 2 minutes to get confirmed and sometimes it might take more than 48 hours and that is really ridiculous.

Yes confirmation time is the biggest issue I am facing at a moment. It is taking too much time for the transactions to get confirmed. But that is a part and parcel you don't have any other choice except keep on waiting till it gets confirmed. And the other problem I am facing is the city where I live no shops accepts bitcoins as a mode of payment.  Angry
legendary
the fact that everybody can see how much i earn, how much i spend, what is my salary, if i earned a lot this year or not... This is not good in our society.. People are envious and at the same time people love their privacy.

this is the big problem of bitcoin. solve this and you rule the world.

You can use many addresses to receive the bitcoins, but again if the people are highly interested you must use bitmixer
Activity: 98
error
the fact that everybody can see how much i earn, how much i spend, what is my salary, if i earned a lot this year or not... This is not good in our society.. People are envious and at the same time people love their privacy.

this is the big problem of bitcoin. solve this and you rule the world.
legendary
Too many people are into bitcoin just for the money..

Well bitcoin itself is money, is a currency that is sold and bought for money, and is for trading mostly.
Jump to: