Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 102. (Read 450471 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
September 03, 2016, 06:58:52 PM
In addition, police supposed to be protectors. Google "police brutality" to see that they aren't protectors all the time. We need special training programs just to show us how to protect ourselves from cops... and we need the guns to do it with, as well.

Alternatively, you could save a step and abolish police altogether, saving lives and everybody's financial resources. It's obvious the government creates crime so they can have an excuse to keep the police.

That's true in some areas, like drug enforcement policy.  Name something a crime that people will do regardless.   But why do you think it might be true across the board?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 02, 2016, 06:58:11 PM
In addition, police supposed to be protectors. Google "police brutality" to see that they aren't protectors all the time. We need special training programs just to show us how to protect ourselves from cops... and we need the guns to do it with, as well.

Alternatively, you could save a step and abolish police altogether, saving lives and everybody's financial resources. It's obvious the government creates crime so they can have an excuse to keep the police.

It is fairly obvious that we don't need police. Police are people. People are people. Give people guns and let them do their own policing. Of course, break this project in over a 5-year period with training for the people.

Cool
Activity: 826
Merit: 504
September 02, 2016, 04:21:00 PM

legendary
September 02, 2016, 11:42:31 AM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

Yeah I think Guns was made to kill someone,. But not for kill everybody.
Just for killing someone who have to be killed. Like a Terrorist,  Coruptor,  and other bad people in the world.
You need a licesnce to use a gun,  guns was not made for everyone. Just the chosen people.

We see in mass shootings everywhere, that the protectors didn't come on time to save anybody.

Everybody should have guns with them at all times, just to protect themselves.

Cool
Activity: 742
Merit: 253
September 02, 2016, 10:43:06 AM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

Yeah I think Guns was made to kill someone,. But not for kill everybody.
Just for killing someone who have to be killed. Like a Terrorist,  Coruptor,  and other bad people in the world.
You need a licesnce to use a gun,  guns was not made for everyone. Just the chosen people.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
September 01, 2016, 11:54:18 PM
img]https://scontent.fsan1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/14141565_1787256461559326_22246851204078497_n.jpg?oh=5453cee7c7ea8d8583ca366d84f41d9e&oe=584A2FFC[/img]

When they came for me, they died, because I got myself a gun when I first saw them coming for the guns.

Cool

Love the graphic.

When 'they' come for the guns, they'll probably come mostly with drones or other robotics and the operator will most likely be sitting in a cube half way around the world.  One of those 'strong cities network' folks.  At least they'll come so equipped if the algorithms which process your (already collected) data spit you out as a potential threat.

legendary
September 01, 2016, 07:17:04 PM

When they came for me, they died, because I got myself a gun when I first saw them coming for the guns.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
September 01, 2016, 05:51:23 PM
legendary
September 01, 2016, 10:45:51 AM
My posts are often a bit wordy because I am trying to explain what I mean. Is it shrewd of you to write in such a general way that you can come back later and say, "That isn't what I was talking about?" Or is it simply naive?

Actually, it's because if I write paragraphs per post explaining the history behind every single reference I make in my posts, then you'd be reading encyclopedias, people generally do not enjoy reading giant walls of texts.

Oh, great. One extreme to the other.     Undecided
September 01, 2016, 04:31:17 AM
My posts are often a bit wordy because I am trying to explain what I mean. Is it shrewd of you to write in such a general way that you can come back later and say, "That isn't what I was talking about?" Or is it simply naive?

Actually, it's because if I write paragraphs per post explaining the history behind every single reference I make in my posts, then you'd be reading encyclopedias, people generally do not enjoy reading giant walls of texts.
legendary
August 31, 2016, 10:37:35 PM
Train everybody to be a cop, and there will be no crooks around anymore, and we will have an army ready to go all the time.

That's already been done before. I believe it was known as the Third Reich. But you already knew that.

It's easy to advocate for tight policing when you're not a victim to their profiling.

If the Third Reich thing were true as you stated, there wouldn't have been any concentration camps. Sounds like you are part of the group who wants to subject some people to enslavement.

Cool

I'm confused by the way you worded your statement. Are you implying that there wasn't a Third Reich? Or are you claiming that there weren't any concentration camps? Either way, it sounds very Alex Jonesy to me.

The reason you are confused about the things I say is, you are simply confused.

The Third Reich didn't arm the nation. They did just the opposite, except for their formal military. Were the concentration camp people armed? You attempt to confuse the issue because you are confused.

Alex Jones is doing a reasonable job of informing the people of the truth. Since it is confused you who suggests that I sound very Alex Jonesy, it means nothing at all. But I should like to be in his camp, so to speak.

Yeah. Why do I answer you since you are confused enough that you won't understand anyway?

Cool

Very slick, turning my swing at your fascist post about training "everyone to be a cop" into a gun control discussion. I am very anti-gun control, and have advocated for gun rights for everybody. Training everybody to be a cop is different from firearm training. Police training is essentially a militarized empire.

Cool
dx5
Activity: 303
Merit: 251
August 31, 2016, 09:38:14 PM
There's nothing more satisfying than to watch videos on YouTube of criminals trying to commit a crime and getting shot by the people they're trying to victimize. The bad thing about owning guns is that people in general are careless, and a lot of kids, people get shot due to carelessness.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
August 31, 2016, 08:51:05 PM
Train everybody to be a cop, and there will be no crooks around anymore, and we will have an army ready to go all the time.

That's already been done before. I believe it was known as the Third Reich. But you already knew that.

It's easy to advocate for tight policing when you're not a victim to their profiling.

If the Third Reich thing were true as you stated, there wouldn't have been any concentration camps. Sounds like you are part of the group who wants to subject some people to enslavement.

Cool

I'm confused by the way you worded your statement. Are you implying that there wasn't a Third Reich? Or are you claiming that there weren't any concentration camps? Either way, it sounds very Alex Jonesy to me.

The Third Reich didn't arm the nation. They did just the opposite, except for their formal military. Were the concentration camp people armed? You attempt to confuse the issue because you are confused.

Alex Jones is doing a reasonable job of informing the people of the truth. Since it is confused you who suggests that I sound very Alex Jonesy, it means nothing at all. But I should like to be in his camp, so to speak.

Yeah. Why do I answer you since you are confused enough that you won't understand anyway?

Cool

Very slick, turning my swing at your fascist post about training "everyone to be a cop" into a gun control discussion. I am very anti-gun control, and have advocated for gun rights for everybody. Training everybody to be a cop is different from firearm training. Police training is essentially a militarized empire.

Huh?

Most cops put one box of shells through a pistol once a year. 

They are by no means experts on guns and should not be (with a few exceptions).
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
August 31, 2016, 06:43:03 PM
Depends what you think, would you:

A- rather have controlled gun laws, so that way when a crazy gun man comes into a store, with the gun he got on the black market, and shoot up the place with no one to stop him till cops show up a hour later. By the way at this point your dead.

B- have relaxed gun laws to where everyone, unless underage, felon, ect, can have one. That way when the crazed gun man comes into a store he might shoot one person but twenty will shoot back.

C- WE HAVE ONE NIGHT OF PURGE!!!!
August 31, 2016, 06:14:09 PM

Cool

Cool

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
August 31, 2016, 05:52:25 PM
I know this is not related to the thread, but important to see this article, could be just scaremongering, and I do not know the reputation of the website, it just may be hot air, any truth in this at all, if so something big is going down.

http://conservative-daily.com/2016/08/31/breaking-news-obama-atf-announces-backdoor-ammo-ban/

Interesting if true.  Nitrocellulose (aka guncotton) has never been classified as a 'high explosive' mainly because it is not.  It would not work well as a propellant if it were.  IIRC, the primer compound is however.

If this is true it could spur an interest in homebrew nitrocellulose manufacture.  Requires mainly nitric and sulfuric acid if I recall correctly.

Activity: 378
Merit: 251
August 31, 2016, 05:34:52 PM
In my country gun controls is on, and i like it, because sometimes i'm think that to start 3rd world war we just need an occasion , one shot can become this occasion.
legendary
August 30, 2016, 11:31:19 AM
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it. Guns themselves can't do anything it is the person with the gun that decides where the bullet goes.

Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent. Taking guns away from violent people will not make them less violent. It might make them more violent. Violent people can use anything to be violent. Taking guns away from violent people is no more than just taking one out of a thousand more ways to hurt, rob, or kill you. Smiley

Actually, you are more correct than you think.

Government has in its legal definitions of guns, that they are weapons. Common folk use common language and call guns all kinds of things: property, guns, weapons, tools, etc.

When government says "weapon," if their meaning of the word is the same as the meaning of a common man or woman, it is only by accident.

If a restaurant has a legal citation on their door referring to no weapons allowed, they are not talking about guns that are property of patrons. The problem is that few people know how to fight it in court, and, if there is a weapon ban, there should be a lock box for you to place your gun in, if it is a public place.

Cool
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
August 30, 2016, 11:21:09 AM
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it. Guns themselves can't do anything it is the person with the gun that decides where the bullet goes.

Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent. Taking guns away from violent people will not make them less violent. It might make them more violent. Violent people can use anything to be violent. Taking guns away from violent people is no more than just taking one out of a thousand more ways to hurt, rob, or kill you. Smiley
legendary
August 30, 2016, 11:19:02 AM

Cool

Cool
Jump to: