Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 140. (Read 450471 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 13, 2016, 08:44:50 AM

Probably. Well to be fair we don't have the same system, USA can hardly apply a rule over the whole country as it's divided into states with some power whereas in France you can set and apply a law everywhere in a few months at most.

But again I was not talking about anything else but my opinion on the subject.
I think you get pushback because you say (well, essentially) "I'd control you," and people respond "Hell, no you won't."

Lol...no big deal...

Meh, as far as I know all I ever said is "gun control is better" and I maintain my position, gun control is really better.
But I'm not going to impose it in the USA, I don't how I could even do that xD

And after all, you're free to kill yourself, I've got no problem with that, I'll just not go live in the USA that's all ^^
You could easily find a dozen locations where there were no guns, places that were pretty "European like."

But you'd want to check the crime stats, because some of them are really not safe.  Here, it seems like the big cities that the liberals have ran for ages, Chicago, Detroit, guns are illegal but ALL the criminals have guns, resulting in sort of a chaos in which ordinary citizens are the victims.  Clearly, other parts of the world are different.

It's easy also to find places where virtually every one has firearms, where few even bother to lock their doors and it's really quite safe.   Many variations, including between parts of a city or area.  

It may interest you, the first firearm I bought was after a nasty encounter with a rabid animal.  Wound up killing it with a shovel.  Really messy, crude and brutal.  Not wanting to ever deal with something like that again, I went and got a 22 rifle.  If the powers that be had banned guns, well, whatever...

Oh but everyone has the right to own a gun even in France you know?
Lot's of people have rifles for beasts and some have handgun just because they feel they're threaten.

But:
1/ Each weapon is registered at local police
2/ You have no right to go out with your gun ready
3/ You have no right to have your gun ready to fire at home either.

Consequence is that you can NEVER shoot "by accident" as you must first prepare and load your gun.
And the low number of guns + strict registration makes it nearly impossible for criminal use.

The additional consequences:

1) Police (often indescriminate from gangs) now have a list of armed people to rob, harass, or steal guns from illegally. They can also sell this list to other criminal groups.

2) You have no ability to protect yourself where it is needed most, going about your daily activities.

3) You have no right to defend yourself at home either, because by the time you load your weapon whoever it is you are preparing it for will already be on top of you.

More drivel from ignorant Frenchmen who have never even seen a real gun in person. Enjoy the new French Caliphate.

Oh we enjoy it don't worry! We enjoy it the same way we enjoy our free of mass shootings and our low violent crimes and rapes rates <3

I let you the "right to protect yourself" given because of your incredible fear of everything including your lack of trust in your own police. I prefer the way we do it, trust in our fellow citizens and our police. Which leads to know we can hang out pretty much anywhere at anytime.

And for your 2 and 3.... Again if you feel so much the need to "protect yourself" maybe you don't live in a safe and correct place to live and raise a family. You should move buddy.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
February 13, 2016, 02:19:16 AM
I guess you guys in France must have polite, respectful Criminals who obey the laws.

Yep, like the criminal on the left, obeying the law that you should shoot police officers while civilians videorecord rather than sharpshoot you in the head from perfect locations.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
February 13, 2016, 02:00:58 AM

Probably. Well to be fair we don't have the same system, USA can hardly apply a rule over the whole country as it's divided into states with some power whereas in France you can set and apply a law everywhere in a few months at most.

I think you get pushback because you say (well, essentially) "I'd control you," and people respond "Hell, no you won't."

Lol...no big deal...

Meh, as far as I know all I ever said is "gun control is better" and I maintain my position, gun control is really better.

And after all, you're free to kill yourself, I've got no problem with that, I'll just not go live in the USA that's all ^^
You could easily find a dozen locations where there were no guns, places that were pretty "European like."

But you'd want to check the crime stats, because some of them are really not safe.  Here, it seems like the big cities that the liberals have ran for ages, Chicago, Detroit, guns are illegal but ALL the criminals have guns, resulting in sort of a chaos in which ordinary citizens are the victims.  Clearly, other parts of the world are different.

It's easy also to find places where virtually every one has firearms, where few even bother to lock their doors and it's really quite safe.   Many variations, including between parts of a city or area.   

It may interest you, the first firearm I bought was after a nasty encounter with a rabid animal.  Wound up killing it with a shovel.  Really messy, crude and brutal.  Not wanting to ever deal with something like that again, I went and got a 22 rifle.  If the powers that be had banned guns, well, whatever...

Lot's of people have rifles for beasts and some have handgun just because they feel they're threaten.

But:

Consequence is that you can NEVER shoot "by accident" as you must first prepare and load your gun.
And the low number of guns + strict registration makes it nearly impossible for criminal use.
I guess you guys in France must have polite, respectful Criminals who obey the laws.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
February 13, 2016, 01:59:40 AM
this is good,even gun create for safety or self defence,but if gun uncontroled,i think it will use for wrong or bad activity.
legendary
RIP Mommy
February 12, 2016, 08:57:15 PM
i am not agree with that,gun control will prevent people to defend their self from violence,because bad people cannot stopped,but gun can controled. how about gun with massive security,only can used by the owner,with fingerprint.

Anybody can make gun out of pipe. No finger print. So, why finger print at all?

A fingerprint scanner on a gun ensures that only the owner is able to fire the weapon:
Boulder teen invents fingerprint scanner for guns
Tech News: World's Safest Gun; End Accidental Shootings

If a thief finds my gun, he can't shoot me with it... but if I get my gun, I can shoot him...

Thief doesn't care about your gun when he has his own.

Smiley

Thief doesn't care about your gun's dead battery or electronics malfunctions, either.

I think people should have the right to own guns with restrictions on those that have commited violent crimes, have mental disorders, or are on the terrorist watch list.  I also think that certain weapons and ammo should not be legal such as armor piercing bullets, etc.

Restrictions in name only that do not restrict in more than the slightest, those that have ACTUALLY committed violent crimes, have LEGITIMATE mental disorders (and are not just victims of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry), nor are on the terrorist watch list because they are actual terrorists and not just non-violent dissenters against the powers that be.

All bullets can pierce "armor".

Ah! What your forgetting with your argument is that the Germans were more than happy of the Third Reich.

More revisionist history (or perhaps sympathy for the Third Reich, which treated Germany's own people as subhumans and not Germans, in order to justify rendering them defenseless in violation of their fundamental human right to self-defense, then democide them).

If only fundamental human rights were legitimately created and repealed by popular vote, you could legitimately hold an election that says "everyone who doesn't vote in this election shall be summarily executed", and it wouldn't be a crime against humanity.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
February 12, 2016, 08:38:04 PM

Lol...no big deal...

But you'd want to check the crime stats, because some of them are really not safe.  Here, it seems like the big cities that the liberals have ran for ages, Chicago, Detroit, guns are illegal but ALL the criminals have guns, resulting in sort of a chaos in which ordinary citizens are the victims.  Clearly, other parts of the world are different.

It's easy also to find places where virtually every one has firearms, where few even bother to lock their doors and it's really quite safe.   Many variations, including between parts of a city or area.  

It may interest you, the first firearm I bought was after a nasty encounter with a rabid animal.  Wound up killing it with a shovel.  Really messy, crude and brutal.  Not wanting to ever deal with something like that again, I went and got a 22 rifle.  If the powers that be had banned guns, well, whatever...

But:

The additional consequences:

1) Police (often indescriminate from gangs) now have a list of armed people to rob, harass, or steal guns from illegally. They can also sell this list to other criminal groups.

2) You have no ability to protect yourself where it is needed most, going about your daily activities.

3) You have no right to defend yourself at home either, because by the time you load your weapon whoever it is you are preparing it for will already be on top of you.

More drivel from ignorant Frenchmen who have never even seen a real gun in person. Enjoy the new French Caliphate.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 12, 2016, 06:58:15 PM
We were talking about gun control in a Western democracy....
If you're so afraid your country might turn into a monster of Islamic dictatorship... Well sure guns are useful xD

What I have to say about this?
It's great. But should it happen or something close to it the population of Western Europe would find its way to fight back. There is an army that is part of the population and they're here to defend us. And if they end being traitors, well I don't think we could fight back anyway so...

You have no basis for argument without revising the Third Reich and all other democidal non-Islamic armies out of history. NEVER AGAIN.

Ah! What your forgetting with your argument is that the Germans were more than happy of the Third Reich. would they have been armed it wouldn't have changed a thing!

First, it was never all the Germans that were happy with the Third Reich.

Second, the vast majority of Germans were not happy with the Third Reich while they were being bombed at the end of WWII.

The point is, the German people wouldn't control their government with guns, so we did it for them with bombs. Let's keep the guns so that it doesn't have to get to the point of bombs.

Smiley
February 12, 2016, 06:46:37 PM

Lol...no big deal...

But you'd want to check the crime stats, because some of them are really not safe.  Here, it seems like the big cities that the liberals have ran for ages, Chicago, Detroit, guns are illegal but ALL the criminals have guns, resulting in sort of a chaos in which ordinary citizens are the victims.  Clearly, other parts of the world are different.

It's easy also to find places where virtually every one has firearms, where few even bother to lock their doors and it's really quite safe.   Many variations, including between parts of a city or area.   

It may interest you, the first firearm I bought was after a nasty encounter with a rabid animal.  Wound up killing it with a shovel.  Really messy, crude and brutal.  Not wanting to ever deal with something like that again, I went and got a 22 rifle.  If the powers that be had banned guns, well, whatever...

But:

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
February 12, 2016, 06:42:25 PM
I think people should have the right to own guns with restrictions on those that have commited violent crimes, have mental disorders, or are on the terrorist watch list.  I also think that certain weapons and ammo should not be legal such as armor piercing bullets, etc.
February 12, 2016, 06:41:03 PM
If you're so afraid your country might turn into a monster of Islamic dictatorship... Well sure guns are useful xD

It's great. But should it happen or something close to it the population of Western Europe would find its way to fight back. There is an army that is part of the population and they're here to defend us. And if they end being traitors, well I don't think we could fight back anyway so...

You have no basis for argument without revising the Third Reich and all other democidal non-Islamic armies out of history. NEVER AGAIN.

Ah! What your forgetting with your argument is that the Germans were more than happy of the Third Reich. would they have been armed it wouldn't have changed a thing!
legendary
February 12, 2016, 06:26:03 PM

Lol...no big deal...

We are the powers that be. As long as we don't recognize that, we have delegated authority. But we don't have to.

I a government thief feels it is his duty to steal my property, he will wind up in common law court, where he will need to pay me so much if he doesn't return my property, that I can by the stuff that it takes to make myself a new and better gun.

Smiley
legendary
February 12, 2016, 06:21:49 PM
i am not agree with that,gun control will prevent people to defend their self from violence,because bad people cannot stopped,but gun can controled. how about gun with massive security,only can used by the owner,with fingerprint.

A fingerprint scanner on a gun ensures that only the owner is able to fire the weapon:

If a thief finds my gun, he can't shoot me with it... but if I get my gun, I can shoot him...

Thief doesn't care about your gun when he has his own.

Smiley
legendary
February 12, 2016, 04:37:33 PM

Lol...no big deal...

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 12, 2016, 02:58:26 PM

legendary
RIP Mommy
February 12, 2016, 02:20:05 PM

legendary
February 12, 2016, 01:32:47 PM

Wink
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
February 12, 2016, 12:20:45 PM
legendary
February 12, 2016, 12:13:56 PM

Lol...no big deal...

Well, then pray that gun control is not exercised in America. IF guns are ever removed from Americans, there will be nothing stopping the power elite from making slaves of the whole world, you included.

Smiley
February 12, 2016, 12:07:58 PM

Lol...no big deal...

legendary
February 12, 2016, 11:59:05 AM

Lol...no big deal...

Jump to: