Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 142. (Read 450471 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 252
February 10, 2016, 04:38:12 AM
It's ok to register all people that have weapons.Police should know who have weapons. People wiht criminal past shouldn't be allowed to have it at least not in legal way

What happens if the police are criminals, or other criminals get a hold of this list? What if the government becomes genocidal killing people for whatever reasons they deem "the law". History shows firearm registration leads to confiscation. A background check is run on every person who buys a gun from a gun dealer. In the vast majority of states this is also required for all private sales as well. This supposed "loophole" doesn't really exist as any actual gun owner in the US would know.

Meh. You seem to forget that the government = the people.
The government can't "kill everyone". The government is only merely a few hundred persons.
By the government you really mean the army. Which are citizens.

So it's not going to be the government against the people. It's going to be a part of the population against another part of the population. So civil war.

You can play semantic games all day if you like, but lets not forget about the millions of people dead in Russia, China, and Germany before and during the first world wars. Most of those people were killed by their own government/people/citizens/othermeaninglessdistinctionhere. The fact is dozens of millions of people died, and it wouldn't have been so easy if the general population was armed. This is a fact regardless of your nitpicking.
I don't even see the point of the nit picking.  We know a few with rifles can control thousands, so forth and so on.  We know the presence of firearms in the population affects police behavior, largely for the better. 

We know it's a good thing for the government to fear the people.  Not too much, but at least a bit.

And you really think that a few with guns can't control another thousands also armed?
If you don't then you're not aware of the fact that people will always prefer to secure their family and don't try to help their neighbor because they know their family would be dead for sure.

You know what happened in China when population revolted against a bad arrestation? When the thousands resisted the few?
They burnt down the entire village.
You know what would happen if the USA were a dictatorship and a few men resisted an arrestation and killed the police?
They would just bombard the village with artillery.

That doesn't change anything.
February 10, 2016, 04:35:01 AM
It's ok to register all people that have weapons.Police should know who have weapons. People wiht criminal past shouldn't be allowed to have it at least not in legal way

What happens if the police are criminals, or other criminals get a hold of this list? What if the government becomes genocidal killing people for whatever reasons they deem "the law". History shows firearm registration leads to confiscation. A background check is run on every person who buys a gun from a gun dealer. In the vast majority of states this is also required for all private sales as well. This supposed "loophole" doesn't really exist as any actual gun owner in the US would know.

The government can't "kill everyone". The government is only merely a few hundred persons.

So it's not going to be the government against the people. It's going to be a part of the population against another part of the population. So civil war.

You can play semantic games all day if you like, but lets not forget about the millions of people dead in Russia, China, and Germany before and during the first world wars. Most of those people were killed by their own government/people/citizens/othermeaninglessdistinctionhere. The fact is dozens of millions of people died, and it wouldn't have been so easy if the general population was armed. This is a fact regardless of your nitpicking.

And why it wouldn't have been this easy?

They were taken by force when they were vulnerable, at work, drunk, just in the street...
If they were armed it wouldn't have changed a thing. Police wasn't coming to you and ask you to come. They were seeing you, getting you in range of fire and threatening you with a rifle then asked you to kneel and they controled you and maybe deported you.
You took your gun you would be dead before able to fire.

My point isn't nick picking.
It's that armed population wouldn't change a thing because when the dictator is in control it's too late. The people have to fight BEFORE. When dictatorship is here the only solution is revolution. And weapons don't change a thing because when it's revolution time it always works, cause soldiers are always too few.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
February 09, 2016, 06:33:35 PM

I don't even see the point of the nit picking.  We know a few with rifles can control thousands, so forth and so on.  We know the presence of firearms in the population affects police behavior, largely for the better. 

We know it's a good thing for the government to fear the people.  Not too much, but at least a bit.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
February 09, 2016, 04:38:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 09, 2016, 01:55:54 PM
all governments want people that can control. And with daily life you slowly become a slave. Thinking about loan, mortgage for house, job..you think only local and don't have time or are to tired t think on other like what is happening around you..

Absolutely right. It really isn't gun control. It is attempted people control.

Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
February 09, 2016, 01:34:41 PM
all governments want people that can control. And with daily life you slowly become a slave. Thinking about loan, mortgage for house, job..you think only local and don't have time or are to tired t think on other like what is happening around you..
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 09, 2016, 01:25:11 PM
There are those people, often in government, who are trying in every way that they can to control other people and make slaves out of them.

Gun control, and all the talk both for and against, is only another way that government is trying to divide the people to make slaves out of them.

Will guns ever be outlawed in America? Probably not... at least not for some time. So, what good is all the talk? It is there to divide the people, so that they can more easily be conquered in whatever ways they can be conquered in. Divide and conquer.

Smiley
February 09, 2016, 01:19:04 PM
Big problem is that a lot of attacks happen, lot of criminals wondering around. But police also often go above authorization.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
February 09, 2016, 01:16:50 PM
people have right to have arm in their home and defend themselves in case of attack. But also must be some register who own weapon
First registration then when they know where all the legal guns are, well we all know what happens next.
February 09, 2016, 01:00:37 PM
people have right to have arm in their home and defend themselves in case of attack. But also must be some register who own weapon
Activity: 1036
Merit: 253
February 09, 2016, 12:36:59 PM
I im in favor of the right to be armed. criminals got their gun and peaceful citizens has the right to defend themselves
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Make your own Rule Or Ruled by others.
February 09, 2016, 12:33:20 PM
i think that this a right decision to control on guns. there may be a polocy that in one family we have ony one gun for our security only.
February 09, 2016, 10:37:19 AM

legendary
February 09, 2016, 10:09:36 AM
I think the US needs gun control but that must also extend to more rigorous background checks,closing loop holes so that people with issues don't get access to weapons (such as convicted criminals,kids,teenagers,people with mental health issues or anger issues,stalkers,suicidal people,etc).I think the issue of gun control needs to adopt a more comprehensive approach for it to be successful.I live in the UK where people are banned from having guns which I think is good.No approach will eliminate murders completely but I believe it's important to try to address this issue however we can instead of just opposing measure that some people just don't like.

I think if people want to own a gun,stop complaining about gun control and pass a background check like everyone else and leave the rest of us to get on with our lives.Just my opinion.

Bah.

http://www.guns.com/2014/01/15/uk-criminals-using-antique-homemade-guns/

Ooooooh. The good old one "I don't have real counter argument so let me put out the one exception to the rule completly strange and exceptional enough to make the headlines and which is also 2 years old just to prove my point" ^^
?  Does it matter that it is 2 years old?  Has anything changed?

Have you considered that 3d printers really makes these arguments all moot?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
February 09, 2016, 07:22:16 AM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 09, 2016, 06:28:56 AM
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 09, 2016, 05:16:42 AM
I think the US needs gun control but that must also extend to more rigorous background checks,closing loop holes so that people with issues don't get access to weapons (such as convicted criminals,kids,teenagers,people with mental health issues or anger issues,stalkers,suicidal people,etc).I think the issue of gun control needs to adopt a more comprehensive approach for it to be successful.I live in the UK where people are banned from having guns which I think is good.No approach will eliminate murders completely but I believe it's important to try to address this issue however we can instead of just opposing measure that some people just don't like.

I think if people want to own a gun,stop complaining about gun control and pass a background check like everyone else and leave the rest of us to get on with our lives.Just my opinion.

Bah.

Ooooooh. The good old one "I don't have real counter argument so let me put out the one exception to the rule completly strange and exceptional enough to make the headlines and which is also 2 years old just to prove my point" ^^
legendary
February 08, 2016, 11:31:52 AM

Bah.

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Freelance videographer
February 08, 2016, 09:50:46 AM

Activity: 381
Merit: 251
February 08, 2016, 08:54:43 AM
If guns would be accessible to everyone, the world would be a much safer place. Everyone should have the ability to defend themselves againsts aggressors.

Yeah safer...
Well if you call a world where anyone can kill anyone a safer place that matches.
Jump to: