Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 167. (Read 450471 times)

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
October 31, 2015, 01:20:30 PM
22LR rifles are allowed for trainings and hunting, but in order to be a hunter, you have to have lots of money and passion for drinking after every hunt. About .22 pistols - honestly, I have no idea.

That's news to me.  I hunt because I and my friends and family like the meat which is not infused with whatever they are putting into factory-farmed animals and I can help the Fish and Wildlife people achieve the ecological balance that they would like for the herds in the area.  I have enough land to get elk tags automatically though.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
October 31, 2015, 06:04:27 AM
Everyone should be able to protect themselves and their loved ones. For this purpose it is necessary to allow free carrying of weapons to those citizens who are recognized as adequate.
I wish it was possible in Europe... At least in my country, it's really hard to even have a 9mm pistol. It's not even legal to own old weapons like WW2 Mosin-Nagant :/

Can you or are you allowed to get 22LR pistols or rifles?

Just curious.

They seem to be my personal favorite, although of course not considered true defense weapons.

22LR rifles are allowed for trainings and hunting, but in order to be a hunter, you have to have lots of money and passion for drinking after every hunt. About .22 pistols - honestly, I have no idea.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 31, 2015, 01:34:21 AM
Why contorl a gun when you can control a person to not control the gun against human violations. Its us who needs discipline but off course words are not enough. But if this goes on and on, it might lead to different ways. But i approve this. Guns should not be obtained easily. and the government should do a thing on illegal fire arms.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
October 30, 2015, 09:25:30 PM
Everyone should be able to protect themselves and their loved ones. For this purpose it is necessary to allow free carrying of weapons to those citizens who are recognized as adequate.
I wish it was possible in Europe... At least in my country, it's really hard to even have a 9mm pistol. It's not even legal to own old weapons like WW2 Mosin-Nagant :/

Can you or are you allowed to get 22LR pistols or rifles?

Just curious.

They seem to be my personal favorite, although of course not considered true defense weapons.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
October 30, 2015, 08:23:27 PM

Recognized by whom?
Activity: 658
October 30, 2015, 08:22:25 PM
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1132
October 30, 2015, 08:07:35 PM
Activity: 504
October 30, 2015, 07:57:53 PM
Video: Gun Control: Only The Mentally Ill commit Mass Murders? They could be right

"They are right, Mentally Ill people do commit mass murder! Do not let yourself become a victim of the Mentally Ill!"
legendary
October 25, 2015, 02:50:10 PM
To defend ourselves we should have allowance to carry weapon.
I don't say I'm not humanist or anything other. I say carrying weapon may be really needed sometimes.

A compete ban on the possession of all types of fire-arms by the civilians can be enforced, in case the government succeeds in bringing down the crime rate to zero. If they are unable to do it, then there is no point in persecuting the ordinary citizens, who just want to defend themselves from the violent criminals, who indulge in home invasions and burglaries.

Sure there is a point, and it is the central point - increasing and maintaining control over the ordinary citizen.   It never did and does not have anything to do with relations between guns and crime, or the prevention of crime.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
October 25, 2015, 02:18:53 PM
I don't say I'm not humanist or anything other. I say carrying weapon may be really needed sometimes.

A compete ban on the possession of all types of fire-arms by the civilians can be enforced, in case the government succeeds in bringing down the crime rate to zero. If they are unable to do it, then there is no point in persecuting the ordinary citizens, who just want to defend themselves from the violent criminals, who indulge in home invasions and burglaries.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
October 25, 2015, 02:07:26 PM
Activity: 104
Never risk more than what you're willing to lose
October 25, 2015, 01:52:06 PM
If you freeze a big enough piece of water you can kill someone by dropping it off a building. I think water should be banned as well. It really bothers me how people can say guns are bad but they live in a nice suburban area with low crime rates.  I live in a bad area and honestly not having a gun here is just a bad idea
 The local criminals don't care about any laws.  Do you think gun control will stop them from carrying? These laws only hurt law abiding citizens not criminals.
legendary
October 25, 2015, 09:56:18 AM

http://americanhumanist.org/HNN/details/2013-01-your-opinions-on-gun-control-from-a-humanist-perspec

I find the arguments over gun control and registration ridiculous. I usually shut my opponents up when I point out that automobiles in the hands of the inexperienced and untrained are dangerous, and therefore we have compulsory tests and licensing to drive a car. The same logic applies to gun control, they are dangerous and there should be compulsory tests to determine your aptitude to handle a gun with subsequent registration and licensing. I do not see why anyone would consider this unreason.

(Howard McFann, Florence, South Carolina)

God, I love Newspeak like "humanist" in place of "violent sociopath* safety advocate". *who perpetually have all the deadly weapons they want, whether they be automobiles, guns, blades, or blunt objects, while all those infringements only "reasonably" deny the victims of violent sociopaths, our human right to self-defense.
Aw come on, what's wrong with a humanist approach guided by reasonable restrictions?  No one can argue with something that's for the benefit of the children...Compulsary reasonableness can be implemented with wise oversight by the guiding hand of the State.  I would propose six successive tests for gun ownership, each taking approximately three months to complete - well, unless the Agency received additional funding, of course.  The tests would be administered by  experts, and the results reviewed by the Gun Qualification Committee. 

Listen, I'm kind of busy.  Is that enough of an explanation for now?  I have to get back to devising the rules set for the Bullet Registration Division, we're currently studying fee schedules for designated Bullet Owners. 

LOL....
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
October 25, 2015, 02:57:46 AM
just ban all guns every were save the deaths.

The absolute ONLY way to do this is mind control. If you don't have mind control over all the people, somebody will build more guns.

Do you really want mind control over yourself? Aren't we being propagandized by the media, etc., enough as it is? Wake up. Gun control and mind control lead to slavery.

Get back on the plantation and get to work you slave wannabe.

Smiley

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/08/30/217178528/dont-call-it-a-mind-meld-human-brains-connect-via-internet

look into Project Blue Beam too...
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
October 25, 2015, 01:01:57 AM
I think that to own a gun you should be qualified and therefore you should take a test and be evaluated by a psychologist.

Qualified? What type of qualification? Educational qualification? And if someone doesn't have a history of mental illness, then why he should get himself evaluated by a psychiatrist? Do you undergo psychiatric evaluation before you purchase a new car or a house? These are just excuses put up by the radical left to prevent ordinary citizens from owning guns. Nothing more.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
October 24, 2015, 03:09:15 PM

http://americanhumanist.org/HNN/details/2013-01-your-opinions-on-gun-control-from-a-humanist-perspec

I find the arguments over gun control and registration ridiculous. I usually shut my opponents up when I point out that automobiles in the hands of the inexperienced and untrained are dangerous, and therefore we have compulsory tests and licensing to drive a car. The same logic applies to gun control, they are dangerous and there should be compulsory tests to determine your aptitude to handle a gun with subsequent registration and licensing. I do not see why anyone would consider this unreason.

God, I love Newspeak like "humanist" in place of "violent sociopath* safety advocate". *who perpetually have all the deadly weapons they want, whether they be automobiles, guns, blades, or blunt objects, while all those infringements only "reasonably" deny the victims of violent sociopaths, our human right to self-defense.
Activity: 98
October 24, 2015, 05:36:33 AM

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
October 23, 2015, 11:47:10 PM
I think that to own a gun you should be qualified and therefore you should take a test and be evaluated by a psychologist.

NEVER AGAIN.

Bump.  +100,000,000 dead victims of communist/fascist red/brown authoritarianism.

When people try to invalidate your opinion based on armchair psychology pseudo-science, the correct response is to reach for your gun.

Know your enemy: https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/the-freudian-left-by-paul-robinson/
legendary
October 23, 2015, 10:56:42 PM

No problem.

I assume that first I can have the psychologist take my test, then I can evaluate himher?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 23, 2015, 10:20:58 PM

The problem with this thinking is that it is government who directs whomever evaluates who can be a psychologist, and the kinds of evaluations the psychologist can do. It might take a number of years for the psychologists to gradually cause all gun owners to be evaluated mentally insane, or at least not qualified, but they would start right away. Government would see to it that psychologists did this if they wanted to retain their job.

People who own and practice with guns become very down to earth, once they realize what their guns can do. They don't go out on shooting sprees. They don't simply pick up and have "gun club" wars. Rather, they become respectful of other gun owners and even of themselves.

We don't need psychological reviews because the few gun crazy people out there will be killed by the sane ones when necessary for self defense.

Smiley
Jump to: