Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 164. (Read 450471 times)

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
December 05, 2015, 07:11:39 PM

Insurrection was specifically what arms were considered for at the time of our nation's founding and it is specifically why the right to bear them was specified in the 2nd.  In studying some of their work, I think that it is fair to say that many of the most brilliant of those setting up the republic had both a deep and rounded understanding of government theory and history, and significant concerns about what they were setting up.  Were it to go sour they would have rather seen it fold than continue to it's conclusion.  That is how I read things at least.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
December 05, 2015, 05:26:53 PM
                                                End the Gun Epidemic in America

​It is a moral outrage and national disgrace that civilians can legally purchase weapons designed to kill people with brutal speed and efficiency.

All decent people feel sorrow and righteous fury about the latest slaughter of innocents, in California. Law enforcement and intelligence agencies are searching for motivations, including the vital question of how the murderers might have been connected to international terrorism. That is right and proper.

But motives do not matter to the dead in California, nor did they in Colorado, Oregon, South Carolina, Virginia, Connecticut and far too many other places. The attention and anger of Americans should also be directed at the elected leaders whose job is to keep us safe but who place a higher premium on the money and political power of an industry dedicated to profiting from the unfettered spread of ever more powerful firearms.

It is a moral outrage and a national disgrace that civilians can legally purchase weapons designed specifically to kill people with brutal speed and efficiency. These are weapons of war, barely modified and deliberately marketed as tools of macho vigilantism and even insurrection. America’s elected leaders offer prayers for gun victims and then, callously and without fear of consequence, reject the most basic restrictions on weapons of mass killing, as they did on Thursday. They distract us with arguments about the word terrorism. Let’s be clear: These spree killings are all, in their own ways, acts of terrorism.

Opponents of gun control are saying, as they do after every killing, that no law can unfailingly forestall a specific criminal. That is true. They are talking, many with sincerity, about the constitutional challenges to effective gun regulation. Those challenges exist. They point out that determined killers obtained weapons illegally in places like France, England and Norway that have strict gun laws. Yes, they did.

But at least those countries are trying. The United States is not. Worse, politicians abet would-be killers by creating gun markets for them, and voters allow those politicians to keep their jobs. It is past time to stop talking about halting the spread of firearms, and instead to reduce their number drastically — eliminating some large categories of weapons and ammunition.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/opinion/end-the-gun-epidemic-in-america.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-top-region®ion=opinion-c-col-top-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-top-region
Are  you fucking kidding?

When an editor of Rolling Stone refutes bogus government numbers parroted by the NYT IN THE New York Times about mass shootings, you know that there is a weird bit of disinformation going on...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/opinion/how-many-mass-shootings-are-there-really.html?_r=1
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 05, 2015, 05:04:31 PM
                                                 End the Gun Epidemic in America

​It is a moral outrage and national disgrace that civilians can legally purchase weapons designed to kill people with brutal speed and efficiency.

All decent people feel sorrow and righteous fury about the latest slaughter of innocents, in California. Law enforcement and intelligence agencies are searching for motivations, including the vital question of how the murderers might have been connected to international terrorism. That is right and proper.

But motives do not matter to the dead in California, nor did they in Colorado, Oregon, South Carolina, Virginia, Connecticut and far too many other places. The attention and anger of Americans should also be directed at the elected leaders whose job is to keep us safe but who place a higher premium on the money and political power of an industry dedicated to profiting from the unfettered spread of ever more powerful firearms.

It is a moral outrage and a national disgrace that civilians can legally purchase weapons designed specifically to kill people with brutal speed and efficiency. These are weapons of war, barely modified and deliberately marketed as tools of macho vigilantism and even insurrection. America’s elected leaders offer prayers for gun victims and then, callously and without fear of consequence, reject the most basic restrictions on weapons of mass killing, as they did on Thursday. They distract us with arguments about the word terrorism. Let’s be clear: These spree killings are all, in their own ways, acts of terrorism.

Opponents of gun control are saying, as they do after every killing, that no law can unfailingly forestall a specific criminal. That is true. They are talking, many with sincerity, about the constitutional challenges to effective gun regulation. Those challenges exist. They point out that determined killers obtained weapons illegally in places like France, England and Norway that have strict gun laws. Yes, they did.

But at least those countries are trying. The United States is not. Worse, politicians abet would-be killers by creating gun markets for them, and voters allow those politicians to keep their jobs. It is past time to stop talking about halting the spread of firearms, and instead to reduce their number drastically — eliminating some large categories of weapons and ammunition.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/opinion/end-the-gun-epidemic-in-america.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-top-region®ion=opinion-c-col-top-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-top-region
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 04, 2015, 11:20:30 AM
Obama White House: Terrorists Will Stop Attacking if We Pass Gun Control Laws

<<< Click the picture.

Reporter Peter Doocy asked White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest: “Does the President really think that common sense gun laws would deter terrorists now that he has admitted that these two may have been terrorists?”

“Yes. The president believes that passing common sense gun laws that makes it harder for people with bad intentions to get guns, makes the country safer,” responded Earnest.

“But so the president thinks that when there are potentially two terrorists sitting around planning a mass murder they may call it off because President Obama has put in place common sense gun laws?” Doocy shot back.

“Why wouldn’t we make it harder for them? What’s the explanation for that?” responded Earnest.

The Obama White House is essentially arguing that passing more gun laws which disarm law-abiding citizens will somehow make jihadists, who have access to international terrorist contacts and back-door weapons smuggling rings, less determined and less capable of carrying out massacres.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/obama-white-house-terrorists-will-stop-attacking-if-we-pass-gun-control-laws.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90brlna4YXI

Sounds like Obama thinks he is controlling the terrorists. What if he is? What if he is behind all the terrorist shootings in America? If he were, he could make the claim that Terrorists Will Stop Attacking if We Pass Gun Control Laws. But would you believe him?

Smiley
legendary
December 03, 2015, 06:07:24 PM
Here's some gun control.

Not one drop spilled...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a18362/tank-carry-beer/
legendary
December 03, 2015, 03:32:37 PM
I do not own a gun, but if I did it would be under my control and if it went out and shot someone I would punish it severely. I would take the bullets out so it would not get out of control.
More

This is a great idea.  Give the gun 1000 lashes if it shoots someone. 

Actually that goes back to the beginnings of the concepts of "tort law."  For example, if a horse killed someone, the horse was always executed.

The idea of money for damages instead of an "eye for an eye" arose with commercial cargo and passenger ships, where money interests wouldn't stand for the idea of destroying a ship that killed a man.  So they paid off instead.
xht
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!
December 03, 2015, 03:22:13 PM
I do not own a gun, but if I did it would be under my control and if it went out and shot someone I would punish it severely. I would take the bullets out so it would not get out of control.
More
Activity: 244
December 03, 2015, 03:16:41 PM
Just remember, When seconds count the police are only minutes away....
legendary
December 03, 2015, 02:39:06 PM
Hello

I do think Guns should be heavily controlled.

Around the world there are many deaths due to guns. This is normally due to instability in countries due to gangs, corruption and citizens feeling unsafe. It is true that citizens should be protected by the government, but when you have crazy people shooting anyone, it is wright to ask should there be more restrictions?

Cheers
Ever had a bear try to break down your back door when your wife was cooking dinner?

How about alligators?

Encountered any nests of rattlesnakes lately?

Been close to a pack of wolves?

Human predators are not much different, I guess.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
December 03, 2015, 08:19:13 AM
Hello

I do think Guns should be heavily controlled.

Around the world there are many deaths due to guns. This is normally due to instability in countries due to gangs, corruption and citizens feeling unsafe. It is true that citizens should be protected by the government, but when you have crazy people shooting anyone, it is wright to ask should there be more restrictions?

Cheers
legendary
December 03, 2015, 02:00:13 AM
i think every family should have guns, at least 1 rifle, 1 carbine, 1 shotgun, and 1 pistol per person

fixeditforyou  Cool
LOL should at least have something you can grab quick.  Don't kid yourself, even a 22LR can be ferocious.

One guy with a 22 rifle is superior to several bad guys with pistols, say past 25 yards, and using cover and concealment properly.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
December 03, 2015, 01:10:49 AM
i think every family should have guns, at least 1 rifle, 1 carbine, 1 shotgun, and 1 pistol per person

fixeditforyou  Cool
Activity: 616
1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr
December 03, 2015, 12:23:34 AM
Gun control give advantage to criminals and terrorists. Till there is weapons on black market and within general population, i think every sane person should have at least 9mm gun.
Activity: 420
December 02, 2015, 11:45:22 PM
i think every family should have gun at least 1.
legendary
December 02, 2015, 10:39:26 AM
Gun control is not only your ability to control your gun, but it is also knowing when to use it, and it is using it then.

Smiley
Activity: 504
December 02, 2015, 10:27:02 AM
Black Friday breaks record with 185K gun background checks

"...More Americans had their backgrounds checked purchasing guns on Black Friday than any day in the on record, according to data released by the FBI this week.

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System processed 185,345 requests on Nov. 27, one of the largest retail sales days in the country.

"This was an approximate 5% increase over the 175,754 received on Black Friday 2014," wrote Stephen Fischer, the FBI's chief of multimedia productions. 'The previous high for receipts were the 177,170 received on 12/21/2012....'"

All the while....

White House Demands Congress Pass Gun Control For Christmas

"...The Obama administration is pressing for gun control, repeating a demand that Congress pass a ban on gun ownership for Americans on the no-fly list.

“If the U.S. Government has determined that it is too dangerous for you to board a plane then you shouldn’t be able to buy a gun,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said during a press conference in Paris today.

Earnest made the request just days after he called on Americans to talk about gun control during Thanksgiving dinner.

“Congress should pass this law before leaving for the Holidays,” Earnest said...."
legendary
November 17, 2015, 08:39:38 PM
After Paris, anyone who is still for gun control, needs to have his/her head investigated immediately.  Angry

3 clowns with AK47 can kill 100+ sheeple easily, no resistance, no problem.  Roll Eyes

In Israel, that would not work, the assholes would not have had time to empty even the first magazine. Many people own and carry guns legally there. Hollande is a huge clown, he started war against ISIS without asking the french people first, if they want that (no referendum!).

France started it:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/27/us-mideast-crisis-france-syria-idUSKCN0RR07Y20150927

And France has super strict gun control. So basically he victimized his own people and now, he plays the strong man.

What a clown! Not as bad as Merkel, but still...!!

Would you agree that the attack of ISIS on France is different than Al Queda and 9/11 because 9/11 was unprovoked, while France was directly provoking ISIS?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
November 17, 2015, 08:14:52 PM
After Paris, anyone who is still for gun control, needs to have his/her head investigated immediately.  Angry

3 clowns with AK47 can kill 100+ sheeple easily, no resistance, no problem.  Roll Eyes

In Israel, that would not work, the assholes would not have had time to empty even the first magazine. Many people own and carry guns legally there. Hollande is a huge clown, he started war against ISIS without asking the french people first, if they want that (no referendum!).

France started it:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/27/us-mideast-crisis-france-syria-idUSKCN0RR07Y20150927

And France has super strict gun control. So basically he victimized his own people and now, he plays the strong man.

What a clown! Not as bad as Merkel, but still...!!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 17, 2015, 07:17:03 PM
as you said,you believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
and i agree with that,i think its just like a knife on kitchen,you can use it for good or bad act,its depending who hold it,and who in that area when someone hold that..i think,gun not must be controled
legendary
November 17, 2015, 02:21:27 PM
IMO, people should be given the choice whether whey want to own a fire-arm or not. In places like Texas, where home invasions are very common, the possession of a fire-arm can save many lives. However, the government should make it impossible for people with a criminal record, and those with mental issues from obtaining fire-arms.

What happens to the guns people owned before they got the criminal record. Police cannot seize them because the people with the record could hide them and tell the police that the lost the gun.
There are already laws to keep guns out of the hands of the "wrong people". It would be more effective for the government to focus on enforcing those laws rather than enacting new ones.

Very good point! The problem with it is that then only the terrorist government would have the guns. And if they were the only ones with the guns, police brutality of today would seem like a picnic on the beach when compared with what would happen.

If Government was honest, and they wanted to protect the people, they'd supply all the people with all the guns and ammo they wanted, and proper training for proper usage. Then we wouldn't even need police anymore, and terrorists and criminals would simply be gone... out of fear, or else killed off by the general populace.

I mean, think about it. Cops are simply people, with training. And often the worst kinds of people and crooks are selected to be cops. Government and gun control is a farce to rape the people, and entirely make slaves of them if possible.

Smiley
Jump to: