Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 190. (Read 450471 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
June 27, 2015, 06:05:05 PM
I could give you some tips if I knew the laws of your country. But I do not.

Well we can start with your country now, I will listen you. Maybe, the tips can work in my country, if someday I want get a gun. I am curious how can you be confident about your tips.

My tip:

Will this work in your country?

I'm not sure it can work in my country, since not all of American can get their right to get a gun although it was ruled in Second Amendment. So do you have a gun now in your home? Maybe someday if I change my mind to get one, I will show my government the US Second Amendment.

Well... The second amendment does not exist in a vacuum. Also your government could be inspired by the Swiss if not a fan of the U.S.
I am not going to copy paste the whole article and you should not trust my link and do your own research regarding this subject. Some country trust their own citizens more than others. Citizens understand to never trust a government that forbids you to defend themselves and their loved ones.

http://www.guncite.com/swissgun-kopel.html

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
June 27, 2015, 02:11:27 PM

Well we can start with your country now, I will listen you. Maybe, the tips can work in my country, if someday I want get a gun. I am curious how can you be confident about your tips.

My tip:

I'm not sure it can work in my country, since not all of American can get their right to get a gun although it was ruled in Second Amendment. So do you have a gun now in your home? Maybe someday if I change my mind to get one, I will show my government the US Second Amendment.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
June 27, 2015, 01:58:10 PM
So before newton was born... Bullets did not know where to go? Technically speaking of course...
Correct, before Newton was born physics didn't existence, and bullets would behave randomly.

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
June 27, 2015, 01:55:22 PM

My tip:

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
June 27, 2015, 01:18:11 PM
So before newton was born... Bullets did not know where to go? Technically speaking of course...
Correct, before Newton was born physics didn't existence, and bullets would behave randomly.

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
June 27, 2015, 12:32:53 PM
Yeah maybe there is no country totally ban gun, the government state that to own a gun we must need a license. But since its hard to get the license and must through complicated procedures, I assume we can't get a gun in our home.

Australia comes to mind. It is extremely difficult to own a gun (legally) there. The Australian gun laws were tightened after the The Port Arthur massacre in 1996. Some 750,000 people own a fire-arm legally in Australia, while another 300,000 to 600,000 own them illegally. Australia is having one of the highest per capita ownership of illegal guns in the Western world.

Yep. This reminds me of what it happening now with the confederate flag.

"Never let a serious crisis go to waste..."

legendary
June 27, 2015, 12:32:26 PM

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 27, 2015, 11:32:23 AM
Yeah maybe there is no country totally ban gun, the government state that to own a gun we must need a license. But since its hard to get the license and must through complicated procedures, I assume we can't get a gun in our home.

Australia comes to mind. It is extremely difficult to own a gun (legally) there. The Australian gun laws were tightened after the The Port Arthur massacre in 1996. Some 750,000 people own a fire-arm legally in Australia, while another 300,000 to 600,000 own them illegally. Australia is having one of the highest per capita ownership of illegal guns in the Western world.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
June 27, 2015, 11:19:33 AM

Nah. Can't be true.

So what are you trying to say? Do you think we must get one in our home, even it illegally? Or maybe you will give us tips here how we can get the license of gun owning.

legendary
June 27, 2015, 11:08:12 AM

Nah. Can't be true.

So what are you trying to say? Do you think we must get one in our home, even it illegally? Or maybe you will give us tips here how we can get the license of gun owning.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
June 27, 2015, 10:43:33 AM
In my experience ignorance is more dangerous than knowledge. I think it makes sense to teach kids what to do if they find a gun. Just like they should learn to swim before falling into a lake. In the U.S. there are many free/cheap programs to teach youth gun safety. The apple seed project for example, or the hunter safety programs sponsored by most states.

Even though she is a fairly good shot, my wife has little interest in guns. But I insist on her visiting the range once and a while to keep up her basic safe handling skills. If there is going to be a loaded gun in the house then every family member should be able to:

1. Children or those who know nothing about guns should know to get an adult if they find a gun and know to stay near and keep any other children from touching it. Your guns should never be unattended or kept loaded with young children around.
2. Older children who have shot a gun may be trained to cover the gun with a bucket or something and guard it from other kids. But again, your guns should be locked up at all times when children are present.
3. Adults who are familiar with basic gun safety should be able to disarm a firearm and block the breach. If they can do this then you could keep a loaded gun with that adult present. But it should not be a surprise.

P.S. - I think it is true that in every state one can keep a loaded long gun in their home or shoot at a range with no licenses of any kind. It is only carrying the gun hidden on yourself that requires a CC license.

https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-map.php

Wow I think to change my mind after read your argument about the importance of teaching gun safety to kids. Your reasons sounds right and it obviously state why kids need to know about it. But it will be harder if we are living in country that prohibit a gun in our home. Anyway, you have changed my view about gun to kids.

There is no such country...

Nah. Can't be true.

legendary
June 27, 2015, 10:39:43 AM
In my experience ignorance is more dangerous than knowledge. I think it makes sense to teach kids what to do if they find a gun. Just like they should learn to swim before falling into a lake. In the U.S. there are many free/cheap programs to teach youth gun safety. The apple seed project for example, or the hunter safety programs sponsored by most states.

Even though she is a fairly good shot, my wife has little interest in guns. But I insist on her visiting the range once and a while to keep up her basic safe handling skills. If there is going to be a loaded gun in the house then every family member should be able to:

1. Children or those who know nothing about guns should know to get an adult if they find a gun and know to stay near and keep any other children from touching it. Your guns should never be unattended or kept loaded with young children around.
2. Older children who have shot a gun may be trained to cover the gun with a bucket or something and guard it from other kids. But again, your guns should be locked up at all times when children are present.
3. Adults who are familiar with basic gun safety should be able to disarm a firearm and block the breach. If they can do this then you could keep a loaded gun with that adult present. But it should not be a surprise.

P.S. - I think it is true that in every state one can keep a loaded long gun in their home or shoot at a range with no licenses of any kind. It is only carrying the gun hidden on yourself that requires a CC license.

Wow I think to change my mind after read your argument about the importance of teaching gun safety to kids. Your reasons sounds right and it obviously state why kids need to know about it. But it will be harder if we are living in country that prohibit a gun in our home. Anyway, you have changed my view about gun to kids.

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
June 27, 2015, 08:51:40 AM

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
June 27, 2015, 08:50:14 AM
Teach them about how protect thei >r selves is an important thing, but what the deal with weapon. I mean, you may let children to join any martial arts as a self protection to them. But not for weapon.

OK... let's imagine that your kid is a martial arts expert, holding degrees in various disciplines such as Karate, Judo, Taekwondo, Krav Maga, Capoeira.etc. Will he be able to defend himself (all alone), if a bunch of goons, armed with machetes and swords attack him? No. That's why, we need fire-arms to defend ourselves and our family members.
Government should take action over gun control through the world.   Angry
They have to kept an eye,takes private investigation over black marketing of guns.Government should ban on such thing,kept restriction on selling such  equipment so easily.

Governments make money manufacturing and selling guns -as in- no weapon manufacturers can sell their products oversea without official government approval. Your one world government order to control gun flow worldwide will simply create bigger buyers and bigger sellers... That situation will make the rest of us more vulnerable on many levels. Yourself included.

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
June 27, 2015, 08:32:29 AM
Teach them about how protect thei >r selves is an important thing, but what the deal with weapon. I mean, you may let children to join any martial arts as a self protection to them. But not for weapon.

OK... let's imagine that your kid is a martial arts expert, holding degrees in various disciplines such as Karate, Judo, Taekwondo, Krav Maga, Capoeira.etc. Will he be able to defend himself (all alone), if a bunch of goons, armed with machetes and swords attack him? No. That's why, we need fire-arms to defend ourselves and our family members.
They have to kept an eye,takes private investigation over black marketing of guns.Government should ban on such thing,kept restriction on selling such  equipment so easily.
Are you afraid of guns? They are just tools like knives saws and hammers. Are you afraid of blades too? Maybe you should ask the government to protect you from these as well.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
June 27, 2015, 04:27:35 AM

legendary
June 27, 2015, 03:35:16 AM

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
June 26, 2015, 04:43:21 PM
The most effective way to achieve many of these goals is to teach gun safety to everyone, including age-appropriate training for children. That way when a gun owner fails to do the right thing, those around him are less likely to hurt themselves, and more likely to recognize the unsafe behavior and correct it.

I think we don't need to involve children in weapon issue. It's not enough to just teach gun safety to people, the main point is why people need the gun in their home, and also you must need a license to using a gun.

A small handful of states require a permit/identity card. My state, Illinois for example requires you to have a Firearm Owner ID card (FOID) before you can legally own a firearm. There are no requirements to get a FOID card other than your lawful ability to own firearms (ie you cant be a felon). This is said by some to be unconstitutional and I believe may be challenged in the near future.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
June 26, 2015, 04:24:09 PM
The most effective way to achieve many of these goals is to teach gun safety to everyone, including age-appropriate training for children. That way when a gun owner fails to do the right thing, those around him are less likely to hurt themselves, and more likely to recognize the unsafe behavior and correct it.

I think we don't need to involve children in weapon issue. It's not enough to just teach gun safety to people, the main point is why people need the gun in their home, and also you must need a license to using a gun.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 26, 2015, 01:42:20 PM
First off, it is against the 2nd amendment, and therefore illegal in the first place.

Secondly, if the guns are taken away from the good people, who is going to have guns? The bad people.
Jump to: