Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 195. (Read 450471 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
That Darn Cat
June 23, 2015, 02:53:55 PM
I believe some form of gun control is needed (i.e. background checks, gun restriction, etc) but nothing some extreme liberals are proposing.  I think of myself as a liberal but they often do go way overboard with gun issues.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
June 23, 2015, 02:49:02 PM
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 23, 2015, 02:44:22 PM

Again, I propose the challenge: Name one good reason why armymen or SWAT team members should automatically be granted more trust with a gun than your neighbors.

Errrrrrrrr

Training and stuff? Having an actual need for them?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
June 23, 2015, 02:41:25 PM
Guns should be used only by the army and SWAT. I think that such restriction would make life much easier for all.

In america it's seen as a hobby. You can see videos of people testing out guns and shoting out watermelons outdoors in some places that sometimes look like their backyard. It's pretty insane to anyone not living on there. I mean you can walk in on that area without knowing someone is shoting shit up and get shoot... pretty crazy.

Most terrorist have this "hobby" too. Americans will have to let that go. For most cases a pepper spray is just enough.

Again, I propose the challenge: Name one good reason why armymen or SWAT team members should automatically be granted more trust with a gun than your neighbors.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
June 23, 2015, 02:36:15 PM
Guns should be used only by the army and SWAT. I think that such restriction would make life much easier for all.

In america it's seen as a hobby. You can see videos of people testing out guns and shoting out watermelons outdoors in some places that sometimes look like their backyard. It's pretty insane to anyone not living on there. I mean you can walk in on that area without knowing someone is shoting shit up and get shoot... pretty crazy.

Most terrorist have this "hobby" too. Americans will have to let that go. For most cases a pepper spray is just enough.
Really, Have you been in a gunfight? I have, and I know you have not because you think pepper spray is of some use.  Cheesy Good luck with that!
Again, why would anyone listen to people who know nothing about guns? Do you ask the bag boy at the store about your investment portfolio? I know my guns, and I would hope you never pull out pepper spray on an armed person. Your best bet is trying to bargain for your life with a blow job or something. I don't know what will happen in the end. It's really not up to us, the criminal will decide what your future is.
your funny you
ban them for sure HAVE YOU BEEN IN A GUN FIGHT SAYS IT ALL AND YOU SAY YOU HAVE Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy 99% of people in Europe will have never had a shoot out ever most won,t even have touched a gun........ Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy have you had a shoot out Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
now if you 2 had no guns you won,t be having a shoot out understand JOHN WAYNE Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
June 23, 2015, 02:28:06 PM

Really, Have you been in a gunfight? I have, and I know you have not because you think pepper spray is of some use.  Cheesy Good luck with that!
Again, why would anyone listen to people who know nothing about guns? Do you ask the bag boy at the store about your investment portfolio? I know my guns, and I would hope you never pull out pepper spray on an armed person. Your best bet is trying to bargain for your life with a blow job or something. I don't know what will happen in the end. It's really not up to us, the criminal will decide what your future is.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
June 23, 2015, 02:08:06 PM

Activity: 700
Merit: 501
June 23, 2015, 02:04:09 PM
I do not really see a reason for keeping guns, unless there are lot of crimes happening and people are keeping it for their safety. To keep it just as a hobby or interests, seems ridiculous. It is not a toy.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
be your self
June 23, 2015, 01:02:08 PM
I do not really see a reason for keeping guns, unless there are lot of crimes happening and people are keeping it for their safety. To keep it just as a hobby or interests, seems ridiculous. It is not a toy.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
June 23, 2015, 01:01:14 PM

Just a transplant from another thread since the content is a cross-over:

Somebody is hellbent on turning western Europe into third world shithole and those migrants sure as hell have neither capital, nor organization or common ideological ground to pull it off.

Not only Western Europe, the North America, Oceania (Australia and New Zealand), as well as countries in the Eastern Europe (Macedonia, Montenegro.etc) are witnessing unprecedented changes in their demographic makeup. A few countries in the East are still resisting the trend, such as Poland and Lithuania. But soon these countries will also change, as they are forced to accept hundreds of thousands of Sub-Saharans.

One way for leaders to achieve increased control over their citizens would be to introduce a problem then provide a solution.  If a majority of 'natives' of a country feel threatened by newcomers and have no realistic alternatives for 'protection' than the state, that's what they will choose.  This could take the form of increased surveillance of society generally and an increase in the number and capabilities of state sponsored paramilitary assets.

I wonder if this is not one of the main driving forces behind the push to control guns in private hands here in the U.S.  The more people feel confident that they can protect themselves, the less inclined they are to rely on the state for various kinds of protection.

As best I can tell from afar (sitting here on the West coast of the U.S.) it seems that Western Europe is a lot farther along the path to centralization and that planning and directing these population movements is handled mostly from Brussels.  It's an interesting thing to watch.  I'll be paying closer attention to the phenomenon.
legendary
June 23, 2015, 12:52:54 PM
I hear a lot of talk about banning guns because of what someone may do. Well here in the US we punish people for what they have done. I think all this comes from people who know nothing about gun culture. There seems to be this belief in the supernatural power of a gun. as though the gun will compel a sane person to murder. In reality you would never guess who carries everyday. Would you have guessed my neighbor, the petite nurse? Or how about my friend the college professor and concert cellist? For us the gun is no more alive than a hammer or a drill or a toaster.
A CC is not a licenses to kill, you have only the right to defend your life in an immediate situation. If you come home to find your wife being raped and soot the the assailant, you will be prosecuted for murder. In fact, even if you shoot someone in a completely legal way you will be financially ruined. I have heard that the average defense for a legal CCW shooting is about $80,000. This is why you never see our guns. God forbid, if anyone ever sees mine it will be for just a moment and it will be the last thing they ever see. Don't want to see my gun? Simple, just do not attempt to murder me.

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 23, 2015, 11:10:24 AM
A criminal does not buy his or her gun in a gun shop. They buy their guns on the street from people who don't care about gun control or what guns do to anyone.

Is it that difficult to create a pistol or revolver through 3D printing? There are thousands of 3D plans of fire-arms available, which can be downloaded by anyone, and manufactured using a 3D printer. Quality ammo will be a bit difficult to obtain, but I am sure that criminals will find a way to secure ammunition also.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
June 23, 2015, 11:00:07 AM
A criminal does not buy his or her gun in a gun shop. They buy their guns on the street from people who don't care about gun control or what guns do to anyone.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
June 23, 2015, 10:47:44 AM
Banning people from having firearms in all Uber cars pretty much just announced to the world to go ahead and rob the shit out of them, because chances are they can't defend themselves. Why do you think taxi drivers are armed to the teeth in big cities?
People who are going to commit armed robbery in a major city are already operating on the [correct] assumption that 99.9%+ of the people they're robbing are unarmed.

Just like bank robbers, who know the tellers don't have guns under the window. There's a reason major cities have armies of LEOs numbering in the tens of thousands.

Too bad LEOs are there in minutes when seconds count.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
June 23, 2015, 10:20:24 AM
Banning people from having firearms in all Uber cars pretty much just announced to the world to go ahead and rob the shit out of them, because chances are they can't defend themselves. Why do you think taxi drivers are armed to the teeth in big cities?
People who are going to commit armed robbery in a major city are already operating on the [correct] assumption that 99.9%+ of the people they're robbing are unarmed.

Just like bank robbers, who know the tellers don't have guns under the window.

Unless you are a robber in Texas...

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
June 23, 2015, 10:14:31 AM

Just like bank robbers, who know the tellers don't have guns under the window. There's a reason major cities have armies of LEOs numbering in the tens of thousands.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
June 23, 2015, 10:10:10 AM
Why can't you learn the same rules for yourself by yourself? Why can't you trust your hand holding a gun but are willing to trust a stranger payed to protect you?

Trusting oneself is not "given" by anybody. It is a grown up thing you learn...

Cool

I think its safer if we just trust a stranger to secure our neighborhood than each person have the gun in their home. Can you imagine if someday a person quarrel with his neighbor and be angry? Wow it will be a bloody fight by the guns between them. So, imo it's would be better if there is no gun in society  Smiley

But can a person rob a mall full of people with a knife? It is not about what can happen and what cannot. It is about the necessity of keeping guns. I just want to know if it is really necessary to keep guns?

Well if you have free time you can read it Wink http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27935069/coastal-grand-mall-store-robbed-at-knife-point-for-second-time-this-month

That "stranger" has a family too. That "stranger" is payed to protect your family. Who does he pay to protect his if they do not have the 2nd Amendment to protect them? What make you so special? Your paycheck?

Do you know how many people die from aspirin allergy each year? I do not. "Hello google!"

Currently, anaphylaxis leads to 500–1,000 deaths per year (2.4 per million) in the United States, 20 deaths per year in the United Kingdom (0.33 per million), and 15 deaths per year in Australia (0.64 per million).[10] Mortality rates have decreased between the 1970s and 2000s.[39] In Australia, death from food-induced anaphylaxis occur primarily in women while deaths due to insect bites primarily occur in males.[10] Death from anaphylaxis is most commonly triggered by medications

With the million of guns right now in the US how many time your movie of bad blood between neighbors happen? "Hello google!"

If you live in Europe then I totally understand your positivism regarding servitude...

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
June 23, 2015, 09:29:15 AM
On June 19, Uber announced it has banned both drivers and law-abiding passengers with concealed permits from having guns with them for self-defense while in Uber vehicles.

Uber is the same company, which blamed the victim when one of its divers raped a female passenger in Delhi, India. Then the Uber chief claimed that the passenger deserved to be raped, as she was careless and slept during her journey. I will never use Uber, or refer its services to any of my friends or family members.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-31052849

Good plan. Now gangs have a number to call when they want a free car to strip and some one to murder for fun. Banning people from having firearms in all Uber cars pretty much just announced to the world to go ahead and rob the shit out of them, because chances are they can't defend themselves. Why do you think taxi drivers are armed to the teeth in big cities?
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
June 23, 2015, 09:01:35 AM
Gun control is control of society. It has it own pluses and minuses. Pluses would be ability to be 100% liberal and save your property against anyone and live for yourself. Minus is that these abilities can give reaction of anarchy, goverment overthrow. When you think about our reality you realise that it is so easy to get rid of civilisation, what if all people will start doin shit and police will not be able to handle everything? Now police and everything is designed to handle only avg events count. Noone knows what would be if it could raise 2 or 3 times

Why would a possibility of an armed rebellion be a bad thing for the society? If there's a need for it and enough people feel unhappy it will happen either way, with or without gun control.
Government should work for the people not for itself and make sure people are happy instead of trying to disarm them.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
June 23, 2015, 08:41:49 AM
Gun control is control of society. It has it own pluses and minuses. Pluses would be ability to be 100% liberal and save your property against anyone and live for yourself. Minus is that these abilities can give reaction of anarchy, goverment overthrow. When you think about our reality you realise that it is so easy to get rid of civilisation, what if all people will start doin shit and police will not be able to handle everything? Now police and everything is designed to handle only avg events count. Noone knows what would be if it could raise 2 or 3 times
Jump to: