Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 199. (Read 450471 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
June 21, 2015, 12:34:43 PM
I want a bazooka!
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
June 21, 2015, 12:30:59 PM
They want to steal the guns from US citizens to establish a martial law in US. This is the plan of NWO.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
June 21, 2015, 12:28:50 PM
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
June 21, 2015, 12:12:17 PM
I want a gun to protect myself and my family from any intruder into our home, it hurts the heart when the young are taken away from us because of guns "in the wrong hands" but so does not being able to protect yourself and your family from the deranged who you may wake upto in your home, to add the young would die from the mad people with a knife or a gun it matters not what the tools is.

I think there is plenty of control govt have over us already and the moment we give up our right to protect ourselves, is the moment we have nothing to fight back against the tyranny that will soon follow. Many died to give us the tools to protect our nation from both foreign and domestic threats because they see what the alternitive is.

Many have forgotten this and look for others to protect them which is a very very bad idea.

If we give up our guns what happens next won't be fun..

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
June 21, 2015, 11:54:04 AM
Let's be honest, some people shouldn't have the right to own a gun.
For example, If you're a violent criminal, you shouldn't have a gun, mentally unstable or deranged, no guns.
2 amendment is a right, however with rights come responsibilities.
so you do agree people should have no guns Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy you have slipped up my friend

MENTALLY UNSTABLE OR DERANGED you say Wink your words not mine Grin

point 1 any human at any stage in his or her life can become mentally unstable or deranged
for loads of reasons
 getting bullied
 loosing a loved 1
getting jilted at the alter
taking drugs
loosing a job
I could go on for ever many many reasons a human can become mentally ill or deranged
 not all are born mentally ill
 life can trigger mental illness and make you become deranged
and it can happen to anybody
So then NO human should have a GUN because any person can turn mental  Wink Wink Wink Wink
So now what you got to say YOU ARE STUMPED  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Now you see why guns should be banned
plus how many you so called responsible gun owners have left there gun out and a 3 year old kid as blasted is little sister or brother
some have hid there guns but you know kids they root around the house when parents are not watching
the young child finds his dads gun looks down the barrel and blow there own heads off
and yes its happened  many times
NO GUNS NO ONE GETS SHOT
young kid gets bullied in school goes in dads draw gets his gun walks in school and shoots every 1
NO GUNS NO ONE GETS SHOT
man walks in house goes in the bed room and wife having sex with another man pulls his gun and shoots them both yes its happened many times and this guy might of been told by your wife she was single
NO GUNS NO ONE GETS SHOT
plus higher jail time if caught carrying a gun BAN THEM
I REST MY CASE Wink Wink Wink Wink
av a nice day all

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
June 21, 2015, 11:06:03 AM
The only kind of weapon I can see reason for to have..
Is a 9mm pistol in the nightstand next to your bed for safety if something should happen at home. (Home invasion or something alike)
Nope, there's no good reason for that either. The data shows that's much more dangerous for you and your family than NOT having that same handgun on the nightstand.

You keep posting this gun control propaganda image over and over again (presumably hoping that if you repeat it enough times, people will somehow overlook the fact that while it claims statistics in support of your beliefs, it does not cite the source(s) for them).

Let me instead cite another source which tells a different message:  https://archive.org/details/MoreGunsLessCrime

In his book, "More Guns, Less Crime," John R. Lott (a former professor of law and economics who has held positions at a number of distinguished universities in the US including Yale, Stanford, UCLA and Wharton) uses statistics collected by the FBI to show that within the US, the more guns in the hands of the people in any region, the lower the crime rate.  Interestingly, the book was originally commissioned by a gun control group (Handgun Control) under the assumption that his conclusion would be the opposite of what he in found.

I'm sure most of you who disagree with this message will ignore the book and continue to cling to whatever evidence you can find to support your own emotionally derived beliefs.  For those of you who are American, crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you.  May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
June 21, 2015, 09:59:04 AM
I think in today's world guns are necessary, there are evil people everywhere who don't mind coming to your home to loot, kill, rape, hurt your loved ones, who are you gonna rely on? the Police? Pff

Yeah, maybe for some areas or some country that not safe to our family, but with some regulations surely. But not for all people, because we don't need it in peaceful area right?
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
June 21, 2015, 09:54:14 AM
Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.

well thats truth, but what about to use it only like a hobby? thats whould be good.
Guns were a suitable hobby two hundred years ago, when most of the human population was widely spread across many acres of rural farmland, and many dangerous wild animals were still around.
Guns are not such a good hobby now that the majority of the human population has been concentrated in major cities, and most of the dangerous wild animals have been culled or made extinct.

If you live on a farm with few or no nearby neighbors, sure.
legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure
June 21, 2015, 09:35:20 AM

well thats truth, but what about to use it only like a hobby? thats whould be good.

I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.

agree is like drugs and most of the things in this life.

Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.

and thats the main problem, maybe education is a nice way to show ppl that violent is not always needed...

What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

stop selling guns, thats would be perfect and just use it like a hobby.
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
June 21, 2015, 09:24:02 AM
The only kind of weapon I can see reason for to have..
Is a 9mm pistol in the nightstand next to your bed for safety if something should happen at home. (Home invasion or something alike)
Nope, there's no good reason for that either. The data shows that's much more dangerous for you and your family than NOT having that same handgun on the nightstand.

Activity: 672
Merit: 502
June 21, 2015, 09:17:25 AM
I think in today's world guns are necessary, there are evil people everywhere who don't mind coming to your home to loot, kill, rape, hurt your loved ones, who are you gonna rely on? the Police? Pff
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
June 21, 2015, 08:15:59 AM
For example, If you're a violent criminal, you shouldn't have a gun, mentally unstable or deranged, no guns.

It is not so easy to own a gun, sir. There are a lot of rules, regulations, requirements and permissions required to own a gun legally. Obviously it is not legal for a violent criminal,or any person with a criminal record to own any ammunition. Mentally unstable people with guns. Sounds like Joker's big funny game.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 21, 2015, 06:56:16 AM

I don't think that it is possible for violent criminals and people with known mental disabilities to own a gun in any of the 50 states within the USA. That said, rules and regulations vary from state to state, and there are certain loopholes in the laws with certain states. May be, the state governments should work on these loopholes rather than taking away guns from everyone.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
June 21, 2015, 05:44:54 AM
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
June 21, 2015, 05:02:08 AM

I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?

Yes for sure gun control won't stop the violent people from being violent. But than is not the point.
The point is of the safety.
Less guns more safety.
 Even If reduced weapons can't guarantee safety it does jot mean that we should start distributing weapons.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
June 21, 2015, 03:56:57 AM
The best way is ban the bullets, so let them sell their gun to society, just as a decoration maybe, or a tool to thread a robber that want to rob your money. I guess there is someone in the world been dead by gun now while we talking about it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
June 21, 2015, 03:08:42 AM

After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?

If I ever had to kill somebody, I'd rather make a chart, study each and every aspect of chemistry and physics carefully and somehow end up planning my victim's death look like a suicide. But if I have gun, I have nothing to worry about. Straight execution. I'd say yes. Guns are necessary for murderers like me.
legendary
June 21, 2015, 01:29:53 AM
I don't think gun control is necessary. Switzerland has a lot of guns too, but a very low crime rate.

Switzerland is a low crime society, and there are no high-crime ghettos within the Swiss cities, unlike the case in the United States. And the Swiss immigration authorities are more careful with the immigrants entering their country, immediately deporting those with a criminal background. Also receiving a Swiss passport is quite tough, even for people who have lived there for more than a decade.
and they are a happy nation so why on earth would they want to shoot each other
no real problem with poverty
but i bet any money if switzerland become poor those guns will be used more than ever
plus i bet most swiss wont have a gun even tho they can

last post here i made my point
 USA  should ban fire arms and if your worried about protecting your self legalize stun guns for protection
and that way your still got the right to use a gun but not 1 that fires bullets  a simple idea

all i here  from you yanks is the constitution says i have the right to carry a gun well you still got your rights buts its a stun gun
av a nice day all  and i hope you can see the light guns need banning and stiffer jail time for carrying a gun
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 21, 2015, 01:14:34 AM
I don't think gun control is necessary. Switzerland has a lot of guns too, but a very low crime rate.

Switzerland is a low crime society, and there are no high-crime ghettos within the Swiss cities, unlike the case in the United States. And the Swiss immigration authorities are more careful with the immigrants entering their country, immediately deporting those with a criminal background. Also receiving a Swiss passport is quite tough, even for people who have lived there for more than a decade.
legendary
June 21, 2015, 12:52:36 AM

I think the main reason why there are more gun crimes and crimes in general in the U.S. is the media. European media usually shows more nudity, but less violence.
most ov there population works no need to steal of each other they are a happy nation
now lets make Switzerland poor with no gun laws how many people will get shot now
can you not see it poor people with guns is a bad idea
and you treat your own people like shit
 we have NHS you have fuck all make money or die thats your law
no guns no shootings simples you plant pots

now watch this see how easy it is for a human to be good then turn bad what is he carrying and who could be hurt
no gun it would not happen www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4705kE44Jc
Jump to: