Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 205. (Read 450471 times)

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
June 19, 2015, 05:19:08 AM
I am a European.  I cannot understand why Americans want to have so many people owning guns.  I can see that yu want the freedom to do that, but I don't trust that everyone or even the majority of people can be trusted with a way to easily kill lots of people quickly.

In England people fight and there is knife crime, but generally you can pretty much run away from danger if someone goes crazy.  If someone comes with a semi-automatic weapon and starts spraying bullets around, I can run, but bullets are faster.

I wouldn't allow any hand guns, or automatic/semi-automatic weapons to be carried on the street or owned by anyone without serious assessment done in advance.  Americans will probably disagree, but I don't see these good guys with guns overwhelming the bad guys with guns, as good guys don't want to shoot people!

Imagine if all of the jews had guns. How many of them would have been swept away to the gas chambers by the thousands?

The point of having guns is that the people should have more power than their government. Sadly that shift of power has long been in the hands of the US government over the past 130 years or so. The whole point of the right to bare arms was lost during the Civil War.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
June 19, 2015, 05:15:24 AM
I am a European.  I cannot understand why Americans want to have so many people owning guns.  I can see that yu want the freedom to do that, but I don't trust that everyone or even the majority of people can be trusted with a way to easily kill lots of people quickly.

In England people fight and there is knife crime, but generally you can pretty much run away from danger if someone goes crazy.  If someone comes with a semi-automatic weapon and starts spraying bullets around, I can run, but bullets are faster.

I wouldn't allow any hand guns, or automatic/semi-automatic weapons to be carried on the street or owned by anyone without serious assessment done in advance.  Americans will probably disagree, but I don't see these good guys with guns overwhelming the bad guys with guns, as good guys don't want to shoot people!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
June 19, 2015, 05:14:49 AM
I'am personally against owning a gun  but with too .
I like it how my country do it basically , please don't take this the wrong way I don't mean that normal citizens with average income have a cheap life .
Well basically here to own a gun you simply to be a Business man or something important on the society , that's all . and to be honest it's better that way , and killing here is a lot less then countries that allows owning guns .
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
June 19, 2015, 05:07:03 AM
Gun control?

You should use 2 hands.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 19, 2015, 04:50:13 AM
^^^ Do you live in Australia? I have heard from some of the Australian users in this forum that the gun laws there are pretty retarded. That said, the gun crime is quite low, because there are few ethnic gangs (like the Crips and Bloods in the United States). However, a lot of Australians are using the dark market sites to purchase firearms and ammunition.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
June 19, 2015, 04:36:54 AM
In my country, to own a gun, you need:

- a membership from a shooting range
- you need to be active in the shooting range (at least a dozen times a year)
- you need to take an exam every 5 years
- you need to pay extra tax every 5 years
- your doctor needs to sign a weaver that you are capable of owning a gun
- you need a special cage to store your gun
- you need a signature of every person over 18 years old, living in your house
- certain calibers are just illegal, no normal civillian can own them... Period (it's pretty hard to own a firearm other than caliber 6 and 9 mm)
- the amount of ammunition you can own is limited (i think you can have 10.000 cartridges as a private citizen)

So it's basically almost impossible to own a gun legally (many people own guns illegally tough). However, gun related deaths are pretty low.

EDIT: even after all these thing, the government can change gun controll laws whenever they want. If you stop complying to the new laws, you have to turn in your firearm with the police for free, even when you bought it legally... (this actually happened on  two occasions the last couple of years)
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 19, 2015, 04:36:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/q6sJpTH.jpg

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

Cat's out of the bag, tightening existing gun control laws on ordinary law abiding citizens without first addressing proliferation of illegal firearms is ridiculous.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 19, 2015, 04:36:13 AM
IMO, people should be given the choice whether whey want to own a fire-arm or not. In places like Texas, where home invasions are very common, the possession of a fire-arm can save many lives. However, the government should make it impossible for people with a criminal record, and those with mental issues from obtaining fire-arms.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
June 19, 2015, 04:31:29 AM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

Pages:
Jump to: