Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 52. (Read 450471 times)

Activity: 276
Merit: 100
September 11, 2017, 02:35:37 AM
Gun control can help to lessen the criminalities in every society. Person are tend to be more aggressive and violent with a gun.
Activity: 434
Merit: 31
minds.com/Wilikon
September 10, 2017, 03:00:07 PM

The Wealthy’s New Status Symbol: Armed Bodyguards On Vacation

When Upper East Side dad Michael planned a French getaway for his family this summer, his first move wasn’t to book a hotel. Instead, he contacted armed guards.

Each morning in Paris, Michael (who requested a pseudonym because of privacy concerns), his wife and their 10-year-old son would stroll out of the Hotel George V, where suites can go for $5,000 a night, to meet their personal security detail: two strapping ex-military men who cost $2,000 a day.

“I’m not a worrywart,” said the 38-year-old, who runs a lending fund. “But once you start having kids, [you want] peace of mind against terrorism.”

Wealthy New Yorkers are increasingly turning to hard bodies to protect them during European vacations, particularly in cities such as London, Paris and Berlin that have been hit with high-profile terrorism, say security experts.

“I can’t fill them fast enough,” said CASS Global Security founder Shawn Engbrecht of requests for vacation bodyguards.

Rich people are hiring bodyguards to go to Disney World

“Our summer was huge . . . on the heels of what happened in Paris and London,” said Paul Viollis, CEO of Viollis Group International, a global security firm. “We’ve gotten maybe 20 new clients.”

His firm offers multiple layers of protection — from security drivers and armored vehicles with bulletproof glass to vacation bodyguards. But in the case of a suicide bomber or a truck plowing into a crowd, what can a bodyguard even do?

Engbrecht says it’s all about intel and prevention.

“The venues [where terrorists have struck in these cities] are absolutely predictable. We make sure [the client] is not sitting in an outdoor cafe at [the wrong] times,” based on intelligence gathered from governmental and private contacts, said Engbrecht, who charges up to $1,500 per day per guard. “When we go to Paris, we avoid the large concerts or venues where there are people in a concentrated area. We avoid anything that can be a target.”

Guards are also trained to take down an active shooter, if need be.

“They can’t predict a terrorist attack, but they can advise you to avoid an area where you shouldn’t be,” said Michael.

His team acted as “sweepers,” with one walking in front of the family and one behind. Each day, the guards would go over the family’s itinerary and warn them against vulnerable spots such as the Eiffel Tower on certain days.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/09/the-one-percents-new-status-symbol-armed-bodyguards-on-vacation/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=twitter

---------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget: they are the people who pay and support campaigns for gun control...

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 04, 2017, 12:43:06 PM
ISIS is the example of what would happen in America if gun control were implemented nation-wide.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
September 04, 2017, 12:03:46 PM

the use of a pistol does need control because it reduces the crime of using a gun. like my country the use of a pistol must have a license from the police. only certain people can have pistols so crime using pistols is very small

In my area guns reduce crime significantly, and more importantly they change the methods of criminals behavior for the better.  Since nearly every household has guns of various sorts, criminals try very hard to only target vacant properties and we have surprisingly little confrontational crime.  The effect is that we citizens can sleep at night even though official law enforcement is very minimal.  Often only one sheriff's deputy is on duty for 1200 square miles.  This saves a great deal of money.

There is a much larger police force in the town but they don't service the rural areas.  In rural areas neighbors watch out for one another.  At this moment it is known that a person who cases areas to organize burglaries has been seen.  No real big deal.  We keep an eye out for him and other meth-head types who work for him.  These types of people tend to kill themselves and their friends at a rate which keeps their population stable and manageable even without the help of law abiding citizens.

I personally feel that one of the main driving forces behind the push to dis-arm citizens here in the U.S. (and in other countries) is simply to try to make people more dependent on the state.  It is interesting that in my area and other areas like it, some of the biggest advocates of private gun ownership are the sheriff's departments themselves.  Often the sheriff is an elected position.  This actually seems to work out quite well relatively speaking.

Activity: 329
The Exchange for EOS Community
September 04, 2017, 11:20:32 AM
the use of a pistol does need control because it reduces the crime of using a gun. like my country the use of a pistol must have a license from the police. only certain people can have pistols so crime using pistols is very small
Activity: 132
September 04, 2017, 03:25:13 AM
I own guns and like them but I will agree the world would probably be a safer place if they were never invented. Since they exist though the only logical thing is to allow law abiding people to have them so they have a chance against the criminals.

The government can't even keep drugs out of prisons there is no way they can get rid of all the guns. If they make them illegal the good citizens would forfeit theirs and the criminals would still have them. Heck look at Chicago it has some of the toughest gun laws in the country yet one of the highest murder rates.

If there was a magic button that could be pushed to evaporate every gun on earth that might solve some problems but with all the guns in existence it is impossible to keep them away from criminals so at least let the law abiding citizens have some too.

Criminals by definition break laws. Do you think they care if they break a gun law while committing a murder, robbery or rape?

legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
September 03, 2017, 08:07:27 PM

Hola Amigos,  Here, for your enjoyment, is my latest toy bang-bang wise.  Model 66 which is apparently back in production and in stainless.

This is similar to my former favorite 357 handgun for round-the-house defense, but hopefully I can shoot a little better with it.  My other one I got for camping a long long time ago and it only has 5 shots and a 2.5" barrel.  I've not yet put anything down-range.  Fire danger at the moment and I've got other projects going on.

Nice!  I want one.  Grin
Activity: 273
Merit: 101
September 03, 2017, 06:03:17 PM
I think gun control is a must in modern world. Too much problems in countries that don't have gun control.
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
September 03, 2017, 05:58:14 PM
I think what gut should be in everyone to protect yourself
If someone would like want to kill he'd do it with a knife or something else
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
September 03, 2017, 05:06:25 PM

Hola Amigos,  Here, for your enjoyment, is my latest toy bang-bang wise.  Model 66 which is apparently back in production and in stainless.

This is similar to my former favorite 357 handgun for round-the-house defense, but hopefully I can shoot a little better with it.  My other one I got for camping a long long time ago and it only has 5 shots and a 2.5" barrel.  I've not yet put anything down-range.  Fire danger at the moment and I've got other projects going on.

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
September 03, 2017, 04:46:00 PM
Once gun control is implemented, then control of everything else will follow, and you will become slaves.

Cool

More likely slave masters, as those who advocate disarmament & aren't suicidal never go first.
legendary
August 22, 2017, 03:32:22 PM
Once gun control is implemented, then control of everything else will follow, and you will become slaves.

Cool
Activity: 630
Merit: 267
Just follow the rules
August 22, 2017, 01:17:53 PM
Criminals have illegal weapons, and ordinary people who are mentally healthy do not have the ability to protect themselves with weapons in every country. Especially in poor countries, girls suffer because of violence.
Gun control should really be implemented. Those who are allowed to carry a gun should really be licensed and is a public servant because it is for the safety of the people. Criminals carry guns illegally. And I think, gun production should also be limited because if there is too much production of it, the lesser its value will be and the more buyiers it will attract and more people will carry a gun illegally.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
August 22, 2017, 10:56:51 AM
i am against the legalization of firearms and for toughening existing measures.
Activity: 514
Merit: 500
August 22, 2017, 09:33:24 AM
Gun control regulation is a must! Those who are supposed to be allowed carries gun only trained officers. Whats more importance is to train this officers to be better in mental and physiques health.
Activity: 196
August 22, 2017, 09:28:39 AM
Criminals have illegal weapons, and ordinary people who are mentally healthy do not have the ability to protect themselves with weapons in every country. Especially in poor countries, girls suffer because of violence.
Activity: 214
Merit: 20
August 22, 2017, 09:23:34 AM
For me gun control should be prohibited, because some people are taking advantage of the gun to do some bad things that are always involved in a criminal cases. Some people uses gun to harm people and not using in a proper way. It is not necessary that you have to bring gun for your safety, because there are other weapons or materials that can make self defense. Remember that we have to be responsible is we are carrying  a gun and use it only for self defense.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
August 22, 2017, 09:13:53 AM
It's not the guns getting out of control, I believe it's more the human Cheesy
Activity: 390
Merit: 279
August 22, 2017, 08:50:10 AM
I do not think anybody should be able to carry guns. Only the police and the military. It is not sustainable a country in which anyone can carry a weapon
legendary
August 22, 2017, 06:44:59 AM
Guns are made for defense or protection but others didn't use it the proper way. Thats why we need gun control, to  limit the number of gun user and control on who can buy it.

And give me all the guns so I can force you into gun control.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: