Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 55. (Read 450471 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
August 13, 2017, 10:04:53 AM
we should use gun to protect ourself.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
August 13, 2017, 10:00:33 AM
In the US, we're guaranteed the right to bear arms. Not because it's fun, or cool, but because it's a deterrent from government overstepping its bounds.

When only the govt has guns (military or police), you're screwed.

For how long that right will remain with you? With every passing year, the anti-guns lobby is getting stronger and stronger. It is just a matter of time before stricter restrictions (such as those in countries such as Australia and the United Kingdom) are implemented in the United States. If a Democrat candidate is elected in 2020, then that could be a turning point.
Activity: 210
August 13, 2017, 09:48:17 AM
Guns are not created solely for evil purposes but its advantages or disadvantages falls directly on the people using it...
It may be used to protect you and the people whom you loved.
But it could also be used in wrongdoings...
Ao i think the solution is not merely gun control but instead proper gun education...
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
August 11, 2017, 04:22:30 PM
In the US, we're guaranteed the right to bear arms. Not because it's fun, or cool, but because it's a deterrent from government overstepping its bounds.

If you said that to some government officials the answer would be: why are you worried about only law enforcement having guns? They're here to protect you.
Why do you want to have a gun yourself? Are you planning to attack the government? Tongue
I wish our laws in Europe allowed people to use guns for protection. To get a gun you have to be a policeman, a soldier, a security officer, or a hunter. It's very hard for a normal person to get a permit.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
Ⓚ KORE PROJECTS - S. Media Director Ⓚ
August 11, 2017, 04:13:01 PM

Activity: 244
August 11, 2017, 04:10:39 PM
Everybody have the right to defend his house and his family, i´m not agreed to gun control laws.
Activity: 304
www.daxico.com
August 11, 2017, 04:06:04 PM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

I think it's important to control the use of the gun, the gun is a very dangerous tool because it can cause the loss of a person's life.
In our country the gun is a tool that is forbidden to civilians, only used by the army and police officers only, but does not rule out that the general public can also have a gun with strict rules and control so not everyone can own and use the gun in a way general.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
August 11, 2017, 02:59:34 PM
As the government and other people who are in charge for making and keeping peace and keeping thefts away from private assets are not doing a good job and release murderer and rapists from prisons they should also give permition to us to defend ourselfes from these people when the law is not protecting us.

Good words and noble goals. We all want to live in a safe world and have the opportunity to protect our family. But when the noble receive the right to protect their loved ones, the wicked take advantage of this power to inflict evil
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
August 11, 2017, 01:57:18 PM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

I think in some places where crime is rampant, having a gun shouldn't be a problem because it can save lives. However, the government should limit it and be strict in issuing permits. They shouldn't let people who has criminal records hold a gun and those who are mentally incapable or insane. It would be dangerous if this people would have a gun.
Activity: 226
Merit: 102
August 11, 2017, 12:51:31 PM
As the government and other people who are in charge for making and keeping peace and keeping thefts away from private assets are not doing a good job and release murderer and rapists from prisons they should also give permition to us to defend ourselfes from these people when the law is not protecting us.
1DC
Activity: 448
August 11, 2017, 09:05:09 AM
Gun control, as defined by anti-2nd. Amendment press and politicians has nothing to do with preventing crime or keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. It has everything to do with criminalizing gun ownership. Our great Nation is unique among nations in even having a 2nd. Amendment. Just look at what is happening in Mexico and points south where citizens do not have the right to keep and bear arms. The cartels and pseudo-military groups abduct, rape, torture, plunder and murder the unarmed citizenry daily. When guns are outlawed however shall we protect ourselves from those with murderous intent??? Don't let this happen here. Anyone who would erode our 2nd. Amendment Rights is any enemy in spite of any good intention that he or she may profess.
Activity: 224
August 07, 2017, 08:27:49 AM
I believe that a person should be checked for mental illness before giving him permission to use a weapon. But the weapon should be for many for self-defense because criminals and rapists will not wait until the police arrive.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 07, 2017, 08:07:49 AM
convicted felons and mentally ill people shouldn't be able to buy them .
Activity: 14
August 07, 2017, 08:07:27 AM
I want to see open carry for everyone. Not with guns, though. Let everyone openly carry bastard swords, battleaxes, bows, armor, the whole nine yards. Let's bring back the middle ages and see how much crime there is when you've got to duel 10+ other people when you commit a crime.
August 07, 2017, 08:06:01 AM
Better enforcement of existing laws would be more effective than new laws.
Activity: 23
August 07, 2017, 08:04:51 AM
Everyone should be able to get a gun unless they have a criminal background involving violence, are mentally ill, or can't complete a safety and handling test.
Activity: 25
August 07, 2017, 08:04:17 AM
It is a means to control poor populations(especially people of color), and force them into submission by a militarized police force.
August 07, 2017, 08:03:47 AM
guns don't kill people, people kill people
August 07, 2017, 08:03:01 AM
We need to talk about mental health and guns. Suicide by gun constitutes the majority of gun deaths in the U.S. and the majority of suicides as well. Many of these deaths are preventable; with better mental health infrastructure coupled with smart gun laws, we could greatly reduce both gun deaths and completed suicides.
Activity: 24
August 07, 2017, 08:02:31 AM
Depends. It's cool in Europe, but if we are talking about america, the "Control" bit of Gun Control is more sarcastic than serious. A suggestion at best
Pages:
Jump to: