Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 18. (Read 94803 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
@fredeq I also use your API to bring some data into a mining dashboard. Are their any plans to allow API access?
Activity: 10
@fredeq, cloudflare block access to the json file, i cannot request json from my script. Are you intended to block access to your json from script?

having this problem too. Made a script about 5 months ago to record different stats from whattomine for personal reasons and now it gets stopped by cloudflare. I have proper throttles in place wondering what the reason is
Activity: 15
@fredeq, cloudflare block access to the json file, i cannot request json from my script. Are you intended to block access to your json from script?
Activity: 92
Well i would like to know how to ask over API with custom values ? Like there is some default but i want to for example use different hashing speed and so on. How to do it pls ? I was not able to found any docs..

Yep, searching also for some JSON API examples how to pull information. Would love to have in my dashboard all the time for example top3 results for example for this search: http://whattomine.com/coins?utf8=%E2%9C%93&adapt_q_280x=0&adapt_q_380=0&adapt_q_fury=0&adapt_q_470=6&adapt_q_480=0&adapt_q_570=0&adapt_q_580=0&adapt_q_vega56=0&adapt_q_vega64=0&adapt_q_750Ti=0&adapt_q_1050Ti=0&adapt_q_10606=0&adapt_q_1070=6&adapt_q_1070Ti=0&adapt_q_1080=6&adapt_1080=true&adapt_q_1080Ti=6ð=true&factor%5Beth_hr%5D=139.8&factor%5Beth_p%5D=840.0&grof=true&factor%5Bgro_hr%5D=267.0&factor%5Bgro_p%5D=900.0&x11gf=true&factor%5Bx11g_hr%5D=81.0&factor%5Bx11g_p%5D=870.0&cn=true&factor%5Bcn_hr%5D=3480.0&factor%5Bcn_p%5D=600.0&eq=true&factor%5Beq_hr%5D=3300.0&factor%5Beq_p%5D=780.0&lre=true&factor%5Blrev2_hr%5D=279000.0&factor%5Blrev2_p%5D=900.0&ns=true&factor%5Bns_hr%5D=6360.0&factor%5Bns_p%5D=900.0&lbry=true&factor%5Blbry_hr%5D=2160.0&factor%5Blbry_p%5D=900.0&bk14=true&factor%5Bbk14_hr%5D=19800.0&factor%5Bbk14_p%5D=900.0&pas=true&factor%5Bpas_hr%5D=7500.0&factor%5Bpas_p%5D=900.0&skh=true&factor%5Bskh_hr%5D=219.0&factor%5Bskh_p%5D=900.0&factor%5Bn5_hr%5D=348.0&factor%5Bn5_p%5D=900.0&factor%5Bl2z_hr%5D=420.0&factor%5Bl2z_p%5D=300.0&factor%5Bxn_hr%5D=22.8&factor%5Bxn_p%5D=780.0&factor%5Bcost%5D=0.14&sort=Profitability24&volume=0&revenue=24h&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=abucoins&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bitfinex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bittrex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptopia&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=hitbtc&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=poloniex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=yobit&dataset=6x1070&commit=Calculate

Prefer PHP as I can code it myself but will handle other languages, too probably.
Activity: 49
Any news about listing Dbix(dubaicoin)?

Nothing new. I asked the devs about not working network stat APIs and never heard back from them.
Even though they were the first ones to contact me about listing.

@MarkoeZ
All required info is listed in the contact form placeholder.

facebook reply:
Mohammed Alsehli (CEO of DBIX)- Although the APIs they need are already out there developed by the community and used by all pools, we will add them in the new version of APIs coming end of month.
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005

Nothing new. I asked the devs about not working network stat APIs and never heard back from them.
Even though they were the first ones to contact me about listing.

@MarkoeZ
All required info is listed in the contact form placeholder.
Hi,

What's the procedure for new coin submissions? Is there a submission form somewhere or something? Noticed that gCn is not listed yet Smiley

Cheers!
legendary

Hmm not sure how to do it with this url :
Code:
http://whattomine.com/coins/166-zec-equihash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=5159.0&p=2000.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.09&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

/166.json?
Activity: 24
@thak777 @michalss

Click calculate and look in the address bar - you'll see something like _https://whattomine.com/coins?utf8=%E2%9C%93&adapt_q_280x=0&...
Just modify to _https://whattomine.com/coins.json?utf8=%E2%9C%93&adapt_q_280x=0&...
Play with this.

Hmm not sure how to do it with this url :
Code:
http://whattomine.com/coins/166-zec-equihash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=5159.0&p=2000.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.09&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
Activity: 686
Merit: 140
Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!
Quote from: fredeq

@papampi
Yes, planning to do it once the dust settles.

Cool, thanks.
legendary
@thak777 @michalss
You can use the same params as via UI. Check this post:
Hi.

Click calculate and look in the address bar - you'll see something like _https://whattomine.com/coins?utf8=%E2%9C%93&adapt_q_280x=0&...
Just modify to _https://whattomine.com/coins.json?utf8=%E2%9C%93&adapt_q_280x=0&...
Play with this.

@Saphire
Not really, dont know any eligible active coins with markets on big exchanges.

@papampi
Yes, planning to do it once the dust settles.

Activity: 686
Merit: 140
Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

Are we going to have BTCP stats?
Activity: 602
Merit: 114
You consider about adding X17 and X16R algoes ?
Activity: 340
Merit: 29
Thanks again for the fix...  Estimates are much more in-line now.

I generally do check rewards/earnings based on current difficulty for coins in the main list, but it doesn't seem to be an option for coins like LUX which require navigating to it's own page.  Any chance you plan on porting that feature over?  A window between 1hr and 24hr would be useful too - 1 can be too short w/ the massive swings caused by NH and large hashrate profit chasers, and 24 can be excruciatingly long when trying to validate first time setups...  Maybe something like 3 or 6hrs?

Cheers!

24h is a reasonable minimum to get normalized rewards, keep in mind that people are comparing their results to those figures.
Will think about presetting solo coins to certain averages on demand.

Oh sure... I just meant something bet 1 and 24hrs as an addition to the dropdown.  But not a big deal either way, just a suggestion.  Thanks!
Activity: 24
Well i would like to know how to ask over API with custom values ? Like there is some default but i want to for example use different hashing speed and so on. How to do it pls ? I was not able to found any docs..
Activity: 14
Merit: 1
Someone asked earlier about what the 'default' is for the JSON pulls, i.e.

http://whattomine.com/asic.json

I realized that I have exactly the same question.  I have a number of ASICs that hash at different rates, so I need to be able to use separate hashrate values for each of them.  However, I don't want to hit the site once per ASIC to get my calculations.

After some rough guessing with the  UI, it looks like it's assuming something like 14000Gh/s for SHA-256 (for example).  However, it would be nice to know exactly what those defaults are for each algorithm so I don't have to guess.

And yes, I can use a ratio of my hashrate to the estimated 14TH/s number, but it'd be preferable to get the right answer directly.  Smiley
legendary
Thanks again for the fix...  Estimates are much more in-line now.

I generally do check rewards/earnings based on current difficulty for coins in the main list, but it doesn't seem to be an option for coins like LUX which require navigating to it's own page.  Any chance you plan on porting that feature over?  A window between 1hr and 24hr would be useful too - 1 can be too short w/ the massive swings caused by NH and large hashrate profit chasers, and 24 can be excruciatingly long when trying to validate first time setups...  Maybe something like 3 or 6hrs?

Cheers!

24h is a reasonable minimum to get normalized rewards, keep in mind that people are comparing their results to those figures.
Will think about presetting solo coins to certain averages on demand.

@Bramen
As cookies. You could move the cookie file to other computer if needed.
I would simply take renting cost in $ and present it with 41.667W. You would have to manipulate W entry if you want to do it for multiple algos though, so I guess no easy way Wink

@tedyx
AMS is an inactive coin, thats why you cant request a json for it.
Anyway the difference comes from the fact that QRK uses an original algo multiplier of 2^24, but AMS uses default one of 2^32.

You could simulate 2^32 on many algos, for example scrypt, just dont use LTC for it (high-hashrate)
Activity: 108
Merit: 12

Thanks Smiley

Actually block_time takes no part in the equation, difficulty is all that matters.
If you try to calculate for a coin with the same algo then the results should be ok.

Unless you try to simulate low-hashrate coin on big-hashrate coin.
Would recommend to simluate always on low-hashrate for better results.

Thank you for explanation!
That's what I thought at first, that block_time doesn't matter, but the huge difference made me think otherwise.
Unfortunately I have skipped too many math classes to calculate profitability on my own   Roll Eyes
I'm trying to calculate profitability on Quark algo: sample1 sample2

As you can see, there's a huge difference between these two Quark based coins; I think sample2 (AMS coin) is accurate one, but it doesn't provide json format: {"errors":["Could not find active coin with id 145"]} and other Quark based coins doesn't as well (beside QRK which is very inaccurate for other Quark coins)

Can you enable json on AMS coin, please?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Newbie questions:

How are the datasets stored? Is it using a cookie across sessions, and can I move a dataset to another computer or browser?

Is there an easy way to calculate costs for renting mining power, rather than using my own rig? Now I'm manually plugging in fake figures for Watt cost and hours to get to the net total cost of rental in terms of electricity.
Pages:
Jump to: