Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 22. (Read 94803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
is there any way to push templated data for GPU graphics? to have the correct value ? (i have seen cookie in my browser)

is there any documentation about the value ?
cause it's difficultu to understand some key without this

maybe should be add in first page ?

No way to do this.
Use given values or your exact ones from rigs (recommended)
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
is there any way to push templated data for GPU graphics? to have the correct value ? (i have seen cookie in my browser)

is there any documentation about the value ?
cause it's difficultu to understand some key without this

maybe should be add in first page ?

legendary
Sorry to ask such a stupid question..

But what pools are being used to determine the profitability of each coin?

I own a few S9s and would like mine Universal Currency but cant seem to find a pool that pays out as good as what is projected on Whattomine.

Thank you in advance!

Mathematic formula is used to determine the rewards of each coin.
In other words most coins are not tested with direct mining.

Make sure you check pool luck and include it in solo calculations.
Whats the exact difference for UNIT?
Activity: 1
Sorry to ask such a stupid question..

But what pools are being used to determine the profitability of each coin?

I own a few S9s and would like mine Universal Currency but cant seem to find a pool that pays out as good as what is projected on Whattomine.

Thank you in advance!
Activity: 602
Merit: 114
Hello,
Why dont you add NeoScrypt Algo on Whattomine list ?

No idea where do you want it, but its been on GPU page for ages now.

Yes GPU mining page. Sorry it was unchacked in my page Smiley
legendary
Hello,

No idea where do you want it, but its been on GPU page for ages now.
Activity: 602
Merit: 114
Hello,
legendary
Hello,

It would be great to have :

- On the coin page : All the stats of every altcoins in a table with possibility of filtering by algo etc.. (We are forced to clic on every icons to access details)
- On the coin page : Display which algo is linked to the altcoin name will be great.
- On the main gpu/asics page : There is some altcoins missing, i don't know why (Exemple LUX is not on the gpu list but it's a altcoin possible to mining.)

Thanks !

Not sure what is coin page, but you named it singular so it cant have details about other coins.
You have name to algo info on calculators.json
Not every algo form is up on main page. Not yet.

@bluepr0
Getting data from pools or block explorers, charts no idea, not suing them.

@Phash2k
I dont know any calculators with cpu coins.

@DarkDrake
Yup

@Vladlenius
I had to keep the name short, hope to make it more expressive after layout update.
Both are in BTC and both are over 24h period of mining. First one is using current estimated_rewards, the second using estimated_rewards_24
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hi -
Can I ask about the Revenue column?  You have two figures "Rev. BTC" and "Rev. 24h."
I assume that the Rev. 24h is the revenue your miner would receive in 24 hours of mining converted to BTC.  But what does the top number mean?  Rev. BTC?
Activity: 54
is mining really worth the electricity cost still?
Activity: 532
Merit: 102
whattomine does not show profitability of CPUs Sad

and new coins are not to find...

any source for new coins?
Activity: 9
would you mind telling me where to find zencash difficulty charts? or where whattomine gets the difficulty from on most of the coins? Found quite a few on bitcoinity.org but zencash is not there sadly!

thanks!
Activity: 1
Hello,

It would be great to have :

- On the coin page : All the stats of every altcoins in a table with possibility of filtering by algo etc.. (We are forced to clic on every icons to access details)
- On the coin page : Display which algo is linked to the altcoin name will be great.
- On the main gpu/asics page : There is some altcoins missing, i don't know why (Exemple LUX is not on the gpu list but it's a altcoin possible to mining.)

Thanks !
legendary
Yes, eth and btc are base coins, their profitability is always 100%

@Kasparie
Its enough to call any endpoint every 3 minutes.
80rpm is limit shared for all endpoints per IP. Thanks

If coin is listed on /coins or /asic pages then I dont think you really need to call its singular endpoint.
Unless you want to tweak data in some way like difficulty or echange_rate.

Profitability is a percentage of RevenueBTC divided by main coin RevenueBTC - eth or btc.
Just a percentage stat to show you how certain coin fares compared to main coin. No need to do anything about it from json perspective.
So for GPU the profitability it's calculated base on ETH and CPU  base on BTC?

Lagging is set when the stats are not updated for more than 1 hour. Also marked by label and yellow background on UI.
Testing means that formula for coin is not yet approved and may be incorrect. Will be tested when time allows.
Listed when set to false will mean that coin is not on /coins or /asic pages. Either cause algo is unsupported or simply cause coin has unstable network / other problems.

"pool_fee": "0.000000",  // Any efficiency reduction should go in here. Stales / reject rate, miner offline, pool luck, miner / pool fee.
"estimated_rewards": "0.823975",  // Its for the coin you queried ofc Wink Based on default coin settings if not specified.  HAHA!  Grin Grin I'm such a noob
"btc_revenue": "0.00032526",
"revenue": "$3.63",  // You can check defaults via UI, though I would encourage to always provide Hashrate, power, cost and fees, even if they are default.
I didn't realise the inputs were populated with the default values, hence my question
"cost": "$0.79",  // Not sure whats not clear here, it takes the power, cost/kwh and gives you final cost over 24h
Ok got it now! Cost = Cost Per kWh/1000 * Power in W * 24
"profit": "$2.84",
"status": "Active",                  
"lagging": false,  // Explained above

@fredeq Thanks for the answers, and please see my comments in the quote
legendary
@manicminer3018
Everything is calculated already

@Kasparie
Its enough to call any endpoint every 3 minutes.
80rpm is limit shared for all endpoints per IP.

If coin is listed on /coins or /asic pages then I dont think you really need to call its singular endpoint.
Unless you want to tweak data in some way like difficulty or echange_rate.

Profitability is a percentage of RevenueBTC divided by main coin RevenueBTC - eth or btc.
Just a percentage stat to show you how certain coin fares compared to main coin. No need to do anything about it from json perspective.

Lagging is set when the stats are not updated for more than 1 hour. Also marked by label and yellow background on UI.
Testing means that formula for coin is not yet approved and may be incorrect. Will be tested when time allows.
Listed when set to false will mean that coin is not on /coins or /asic pages. Either cause algo is unsupported or simply cause coin has unstable network / other problems.

"pool_fee": "0.000000",  // Any efficiency reduction should go in here. Stales / reject rate, miner offline, pool luck, miner / pool fee.
"estimated_rewards": "0.823975",  // Its for the coin you queried ofc Wink Based on default coin settings if not specified.
"revenue": "$3.63",  // You can check defaults via UI, though I would encourage to always provide Hashrate, power, cost and fees, even if they are default.
"cost": "$0.79",  // Not sure whats not clear here, it takes the power, cost/kwh and gives you final cost over 24h
"lagging": false,  // Explained above
Hi(noob here)

I really want to congratulate you on a great site. I find myself using it quite often to calculate profitability for coins Smiley

I'm hoping to make use of the JSON endpoints and have some questions regarding them.

First off, most important, fair use policies. I respect your work and don't want to be that guy that hits your API unnecessarily. So, here are my questions regarding that.

How often should I query the respective /coins.json, /asic.json, and calculators.json endpoints?
What is a good refresh rate for these endpoints from third-party clients?

To partly answer my own questions. I read on this forum that the rate limit is 80RPM and the coin data is refreshed every 3 minutes.
One more questions about the rate limit. Is 80RPM limit per user/IP across all endpoints?

I've noticed that there are JSON files for the following:

GPU - http://whattomine.com/coins.json
ASIC - http://whattomine.com/asic.json
Coins - http://whattomine.com/calculators.json
Individual Coin - http://whattomine.com/coins/192.json

My guess is that /coins.json and /asic.json gives you all the GPU and ASIC coins on Whattomine form what I could gather from the website links. From here you can determine, by looking at the data, what coins are profitable to mine. See my question about "profitability" and "profitability24" below.
A good workflow would be to cache coins retrieved from these endpoints and then once I have determined the best profitable coins to mine, I build the URL to an individual coin(in your language of choice) from the subset of data and request the data from /coins/.json.
These results need to be cached, and the cache warmed up, all the while respecting your API's fair use policy.

How am I doing so far? Smiley

"profitability" and "profitability24" values.

It seems those are percentages. Am I correct? What percentages should one look at here? Is 100% and above considered good profitability, or are there other percentage ranges to consider too, for example, 110% - 125%?

On to /calculators.json.

What does the "lagging", "listed" and "testing" values mean in the response to /calculators.json?

I had a look at a coin called Aeon, and although it's "status" is "Active" the "listed" value is false. I don't know what that means.

What does "testing" indicate? Does "testing": true mean you are testing it?

My following question pertains to the estimation calculations for a particular coin. Let's stick with Aeon to simplify things. Only because I have mentioned Aeon above.

These stats are fromhttp://whattomine.com/coins/192.json, which also reflects the data on the web page.

So, I gathered that the following values correspond to "Day Rewards" under "Estimated Rewards". See my questions inline with the JSON values below.
Code:
"pool_fee": "0.000000",  // is this the network fee?
"estimated_rewards": "0.823975",  // what currency is this and on what calculations is this based?
"revenue": "$3.63",  // For calculating revenue, cost, and profit, what default values were used?
"cost": "$0.79",  // for cost=0.79, and revenue=3.63? I know the profit=revenue-cost
"lagging": false,  // I've asked this above, but what does "lagging" mean?

Very best
Bjorn  Smiley
Activity: 17
Block_reward is always per block. The formula just needs the number of seconds for which you want to calculate.

I see, thanks.

Both estimated_rewards and estimated_rewards24 are 24h estimates. The difference is that 24 uses difficulty_average_24 and the other uses current.

Can you please write any example how to use it? In case I know my hashrate, can I use estimated_Rewards to calculate my estimated income? Thanks a lot.
legendary
Thanks for reply.

>> Its multiplied by 3600 cause the value returned is for an hour of mining. For a day of mining you need 86400.

So "block_Reward" is reward per second of the mining? Because I thought that "block_reward" is released once per "blocktime".

>> Nethash is only an estimate, this value is never real and yes the real mining formula uses difficulty - thats the value relevant to finding a new block.

Ok, didn't know that.

And can I ask how to use values "estimated_rewards" and "estimated_rewards24"? What exactly these values means? (I know that *24 is 24hour estimate, but don't know how to use estimated_rewards at all).

Thanks!

Block_reward is always per block. The formula just needs the number of seconds for which you want to calculate.

Both estimated_rewards and estimated_rewards24 are 24h estimates. The difference is that 24 uses difficulty_average_24 and the other uses current.
Activity: 17
Thanks for reply.

>> Its multiplied by 3600 cause the value returned is for an hour of mining. For a day of mining you need 86400.

So "block_Reward" is reward per second of the mining? Because I thought that "block_reward" is released once per "blocktime".

>> Nethash is only an estimate, this value is never real and yes the real mining formula uses difficulty - thats the value relevant to finding a new block.

Ok, didn't know that.

And can I ask how to use values "estimated_rewards" and "estimated_rewards24"? What exactly these values means? (I know that *24 is 24hour estimate, but don't know how to use estimated_rewards at all).

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: