Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 20. (Read 94803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
After 9 hours on MasterMining, I'm on track to be at 206/day.  Almost exactly as WhatToMine predicts.  Thank you for helping me to find the problem!

Cheers, thats really strange though, never had this kind of problem on mph.
Maybe drop the admin an email explaining the problem.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

Indeed mph has really negative luck on xvg-scrypt.
https://verge-scrypt.miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

Need to check if this is something wrong chain-wide or only happens on this pool.

EDIT:
Havent used this pool, but displayed luck seems much better
https://xvg.mastermining.net/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

I'm going to switch over to that pool and see if I get better results.  Will report back in a few days.

After 9 hours on MasterMining, I'm on track to be at 206/day.  Almost exactly as WhatToMine predicts.  Thank you for helping me to find the problem!

Need to check if this is something wrong chain-wide or only happens on this pool.

EDIT:

I'm going to switch over to that pool and see if I get better results.  Will report back in a few days.
legendary
WTM's rewards estimate is still running about double what the actual reward is (at least for me) re: XVG-Scrypt.

I average 121 coins/day with a low of 108 and a high of 168.  The vast majority of days are between 110 and 132.
MiningPoolHub's calculated hashrate for me is consistent with my miner's nominal rate (695 mh/s).
WTM's rewards estimate for my hashrate is 227.

MiningPoolHub reports a network difficulty of ~78K and so does WTM, at the moment.

Again, I'm not complaining; only trying to understand and perhaps supply you with information that might help you.

JC

EDIT:

@tamerlanST
Not possible
@johncroc1
Multi-algo coins are tricky to estimate rewards for.
Its possible that pool had bad luck / orphans. In general sha and scrypt parts should be fine though.
I think there was a network issue on verge few days ago, any chance it got better recently?
Still waiting for my asic, can test the rewards after I have it.

WTM's rewards estimate is still running about double what the actual reward is (at least for me) re: XVG-Scrypt.

I average 121 coins/day with a low of 108 and a high of 168.  The vast majority of days are between 110 and 132.
MiningPoolHub's calculated hashrate for me is consistent with my miner's nominal rate (695 mh/s).
WTM's rewards estimate for my hashrate is 227.

MiningPoolHub reports a network difficulty of ~78K and so does WTM, at the moment.

Again, I'm not complaining; only trying to understand and perhaps supply you with information that might help you.  I should add that I also mine ETH using GPU rigs and WTM's rewards estimate is very close (~+10%).  I've had similar luck (estimate close to reality) with Musicoin.

JC
Activity: 2
Hello, is it possible to response GPU profitability in JSON format?
It would be very cool, to make local calculator - what gpu is better to by in my city.
legendary
I was curious to know what does the WhatToMine calculator status "Active (Not Listed)" mean exactly. If a coin is not listed, does this mean that the information in the calculator is not up to date? How is "Active (Not Listed)" differ from "Active" or "No available stats(lagging)"?

Thanks.

Basically it means that its not included on the gpu / asic lists, but reasons can be different.
Its algo may not be supported by the list, for example Xevan.
Sometimes there are temp network / exchange issues.

Lagging means that stats havent been updated for more than one hour.
No available stats is coming in red and is the reason for coin being inactive.
legendary
Ok. Now I need request details of certain money as follows: www.whattomine.com/coins/151.json?hr=&p=&....
But common info, which I can request from your site like www.whattomine.com/coins.json?utf8=...&factor[eth_hr]=&factor[eth_p]=..... contains whole necessary parameters for all algo!
Please, parse parameters string for coins.json request and filter only needed for certain coin (algo) (You can get hashrate not from hr=, but from factor[eth_hr]).

Sorry for my English.

This cannot be easily done. Current json simplistic nature operates only because the interface is unified with UI.

@sureyea
Thanks!

@johncroc1
Multi-algo coins are tricky to estimate rewards for.
Its possible that pool had bad luck / orphans. In general sha and scrypt parts should be fine though.
I think there was a network issue on verge few days ago, any chance it got better recently?
Still waiting for my asic, can test the rewards after I have it.

@Eneen
Thanks for the heads up, indeed the explorer forked, switched for a backup for now.

@cptcherry
1) and 2) Honestly never played with excel and json
3) Those attributes are not relevant from comparison-list point of view.
You can still calculate them from btc_revenue or call a single-coin endpoint to calculate it for you.
Activity: 4
@cptcherry
You need to pass your values to json url, the same as you provide them to the UI.
You can use the same url, just add `coins.json?`

HI Smiley
got this working.
for 12x gtx1070: {"coins":{"Zcash":{"id":166,"tag":"ZEC","algorithm":"Equihash","block_time":"147.0","block_reward":10.0,"block_reward24":10.0,"last_block":267299,"difficulty":8569198.1546495,"difficulty24":7099938.66248758,"nethash":477543342,"exchange_rate":0.044693,"exchange_rate24":0.0420029894957983,"exchange_rate_vol":1153.463661852,"exchange_rate_curr":"BTC","market_cap":"$941,994,815.39","estimated_rewards":"0.06351","estimated_rewards24":"0.07665","btc_revenue":"0.00283836","btc_revenue24":"0.00342573","profitability":87,"profitability24":106,"lagging":false,"timestamp":1517880992}

A few questions
1) is importing this into excel the best way via a power query?
2) how do I get it to extract the top first three most profitable - and is this locked to the coin ID on the original import, or is it dynamic?
3) I don't see "rev$ / Profit" in the json results, can i find it else where, or is there another query that is connected to power usage?

Thanks

Activity: 56
I think LUX has wrong diff listed.
This is not a complaint...rather general curiosity and a desire to better understand:

I have an Innosilicon A4+and am mining Verge at MiningPoolHub.  My nominal hashrate (from the miner's UI) is 695 MH/s.  The pool indicates my calculated hashrate as variable between ~500-900 MH/s.

whattomine.com's calculation indicates I should be earning ~217 coins per day, but my actual earnings per day averages ~130 coins.  Why is there a difference?  Is the calculation based on something that's variable from pool to pool (indicating I should maybe change pools)?  Is there something you are unaware of that should be changed in your calculation to better reflect potential earnings?

I LOVE whattomine.com and use it almost every day to help me make decisions about GPU purchases, coins to mine, etc.  I just want to better understand how it calculates likely earnings, so I can use the information even more confidently than I do now.

JC
Activity: 11
For anyone who is new and don't know how to use Whattomine profitability calculator use this guide which is helpful.
Activity: 3
I dont understand what you need or what `one additional method of parameters coding` might be.
Ok. Now I need request details of certain money as follows: www.whattomine.com/coins/151.json?hr=&p=&....
But common info, which I can request from your site like www.whattomine.com/coins.json?utf8=...&factor[eth_hr]=&factor[eth_p]=..... contains whole necessary parameters for all algo!
Please, parse parameters string for coins.json request and filter only needed for certain coin (algo) (You can get hashrate not from hr=, but from factor[eth_hr]).

Sorry for my English.
legendary
Why? What surprises you?

I dont understand what you need or what `one additional method of parameters coding` might be.
Fredeq, could you add one additional method of parameters coding for /coins/.json, like for common /coins.json
In this case for getting different data we will need just replace the page part of the url:
whattomine.com/
whattomine.com/coins.json
whattomine.com/coins/.json
with the same tail.
Quote from: fredeq
@BashOrgRu
Honestly not sure what are you requesting here.
Why? What surprises you?
legendary
VIVO is listing around double the actual rewards.

I found out the hard way

Indeed official explorer was giving invalid data being on a different fork.
Perfect timing that this happened during price pump...
legendary
Fredeq, could you add coin called Straks? Thread there: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-straks-a-powmasternode-cryptocurrency-focused-on-e-commerce-utility-2433318
It's a bit young (since November) but it gains popularity and exchanges. Currently a little ones, but in the near future on HitBTC.
Currently it's a bit hard to find, but there is a JSON API:
https://api.straks.info/v1/statistics/latestblock
https://api.straks.info/v1/statistics/hashrate24hrs (here second value divided by 1000000 gives NetHash)
https://api.straks.info/v1/statistics/blockdiffdata

Supported market required first.

@BashOrgRu
Honestly not sure what are you requesting here.

@Sammy2000
Thats cause you acted on 24h rewards going up in BTC as a result of the price pump, but didnt check the rising difficulty.
You cannot expect to earn the same amount of coins after the price pump.

@cptcherry
You need to pass your values to json url, the same as you provide them to the UI.
You can use the same url, just add `coins.json?`
Activity: 4
@fredeq

Is there a Json query to extract all the hardware profiles for each algo for both ASIC and GPU ?

Nothing like that present.
The adapt to hardware feature is considered UI only

I was also looking for this.
Thanks for asking and answering.

Also, regarding coins.json how is revenue or reward determined without a hash rate, or does it take some assume/ arbitrary (1000h/s?) hash rate?

I assume that with that information, i could calculate my profit using my own hash rates and electricity rate? (and do this in excel)

Thanks
Activity: 41
VIVO is listing around double the actual rewards.

I found out the hard way
Fredeq, could you add one additional method of parameters coding for /coins/.json, like for common /coins.json
In this case for getting different data we will need just replace the page part of the url:
whattomine.com/
whattomine.com/coins.json
whattomine.com/coins/.json
with the same tail.

Thanks for great site!
Pages:
Jump to: