Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 23. (Read 94803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
But this is something I don't understand. In the formula, there is no use for current network hashrate. Only current difficulty is used but from what I thought difficulty isn't dependent on current hashrate.

Also, I don't understand why block_reward is multiplied by 3600. This would mean that block_reward value is represented per/second. But Based on your site I thought it's reward which is pumped to the system every block-time.

I'm still learning a lot of things so maybe I'm completely wrong. Because of that I would like to ask for any help or explanation.

Thanks!

PS: Is there any documentation for json exports?

No docs.

Its multiplied by 3600 cause the value returned is for an hour of mining. For a day of mining you need 86400.
Nethash is only an estimate, this value is never real and yes the real mining formula uses difficulty - thats the value relevant to finding a new block.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hi, as first let me thank you for your whattomine service!

I would like to ask. I'm trying to figure out how to calculate mining efficiency based on https://whattomine.com/coins.json but without success.

I expected something like:

Daily mining estimate = ( (your hashrate) * (current block reward) * 720 ) / (network hashrate)

or

Daily mining estimate = ( (estimated_rewards) * (your_haspower) ) / (network hashrate)

or something like this. But these formulas give me completely different results than whattomine service.

After few more googling I found NiceHashBot implementation where is mentioned this formula

+        double HT = Response.difficulty * (Math.Pow(2.0, 32) / (1000000000000.0));
+        double CPD = Response.block_reward * 24.0 * 3600.0 / HT;

which gives exactly the same numbers like your calculator (https://whattomine.com/coins/215-tzc-neoscrypt?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=1.0&d_enabled=true&d=80&p=450.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate)

But this is something I don't understand. In the formula, there is no use for current network hashrate. Only current difficulty is used but from what I thought difficulty isn't dependent on current hashrate.

Also, I don't understand why block_reward is multiplied by 3600. This would mean that block_reward value is represented per/second. But Based on your site I thought it's reward which is pumped to the system every block-time.

I'm still learning a lot of things so maybe I'm completely wrong. Because of that I would like to ask for any help or explanation.

Thanks!

PS: Is there any documentation for json exports?

legendary
Whattomine, why not adding stocks.exchange site ? It will bring some unique coins there.

Personally I think that some kind of filtering of coins is a good thing.
Lets not try to list every coin out there Wink

@Rampager
Well we cant deny knowledge to our great community Smiley
Interesting income schedule, would certaintly stop coin hoppers.
Activity: 441
Merit: 109
Whattomine, why not adding stocks.exchange site ? It will bring some unique coins there.
Activity: 4
 This difficulty at PIRL doubled almost overnight. Whattomine was cool at first but I can hardly stand it anymore. Whattomine ruins every opportunity by giving people the tool necessary to see when they should switch coins and start mining long enough to increase the difficulty and then leave everyone that was originally mining that coin faithfully left stuck mining at a higher adjusted difficulty while the whattomine bandwagon goes to another coin to raise the difficulty of it also.  Roll Eyes  Then it washes and repeats thus exploiting the difficulty of every coin and that gets my attention. The kind you dont want if you run a website.

Workable Solution - I wish every coin was like proof of research similar to GRIDCOIN. Not only because it is actually a productive coin with purpose but more due to the fact that you earn more the longer you mine with it due to "Recent Average Credit & Magnitude" factoring in on your income. I think mining income should be 1/30th on day one. 2/30ths on day two ect until reaching maximum potential of rewards at the 30th consecutive day. For every day that no mining on that coin takes place you lose 1/30th of your potential. Its fair and simple.

legendary
Thank you Smiley

There is any limit on API requests ?

80rpm at the moment. Remember that coin stats are refreshed every 3 minutes.
legendary
@fredeq

Amazing website! Thank you great work.

Wanted to ask, with coin JSON info how i calc my profit from this info?
Let say Dash with 1000 Mh/s:
https://whattomine.com/coins/34-dash-x11?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=1000.0&p=0&fee=0.0&cost=0&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

How i get my Estimated Rewards table from JSON info? What formula need to run on JSON info?

Using to choose best coins for me for mining.

Thank you.

Just access
https://whattomine.com/coins/34.json?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=1000.0&p=0&fee=0.0&cost=0&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
legendary
This is my miner on that poll (mining for 24h right now)
https://zen.miningspeed.com/workers/znS4PErcmNn64PLPoj6yTJfiCtCBTP672wg

Can someone please take a look what is wrong?
Thank you all for support!

You are mining ZEN not ZCL there.
Anyway if you still dont get decent returns then please check on miningpoolhub and let us know.
Activity: 11
This is my miner on that poll (mining for 24h right now)
https://zen.miningspeed.com/workers/znS4PErcmNn64PLPoj6yTJfiCtCBTP672wg

Can someone please take a look what is wrong?
Thank you all for support!
legendary
Is WhatToMine.com wrong? That is my question Smiley

I have 8 1070 GPU's with combined power of 3600 Sol/s.
Using dstm's miner on several pools I always get less than calculated on whattomine.com. I'm talking about 30-50% less.

Example:
Mined ZCL on zclassic.miningspeed.com for 7 days.
I got in average 0.17 ZCL per day.
But whattomine sad I should get something like 0.29 ZCL in average for that week.

This is -0.12 ZCL less, and that is a big difference right?

How come i have such a big difference?
(WhatToMine calculation was made using $0 electricity cost)

Sounds like a very bad pool luck or unstable rig.
Alternatively you could also check your results here
https://zclassic.miningpoolhub.com/

@MadSciencist
Will do

@ArgoCoin
Listing is always free
Activity: 11
Is WhatToMine.com wrong? That is my question Smiley

I have 8 1070 GPU's with combined power of 3600 Sol/s.
Using dstm's miner on several pools I always get less than calculated on whattomine.com. I'm talking about 30-50% less.

Example:
Mined ZCL on zclassic.miningspeed.com for 7 days.
I got in average 0.17 ZCL per day.
But whattomine sad I should get something like 0.29 ZCL in average for that week.

This is -0.12 ZCL less, and that is a big difference right?

How come i have such a big difference?
(WhatToMine calculation was made using $0 electricity cost)
Activity: 39
Could you add Ella + LBRY (and other variations)?
copper member
Activity: 48
Merit: 10
argo.cash
Paid placement on the site?
legendary
I've used your form to request a listing but you don't seem to be getting them.

Not answering all of the emails, request can be rejected without a response.
Activity: 3
Greetings Fredeq,

I was using the main page on the site that shows profitability for coins based on selected cards/hashrates.  However, I noticed recently that a few popular algorithms are not available on the main page  (XVG Verge - X17, for one), but they could be found on the coins page individually.  This got me digging around for API information so I could include these other algorithms in my search.  It looks like I could use the Calculators.json, and then look up coin stats individually by id number. 

Issue 1.  I'm waiting 2 seconds between requests, so that should be 30 rpm.  Still getting banned. 

Issue 2.  Am I even allowed to do this?  I read in your policy terms:
"The visitors are forbidden to use the WhatToMine APIs for any application that replicates or attempts to replace the essential user experience of whattomine.com. Abuse of the API service may result in a ban from the whole website."  What would the API be used for if not to make similar functionality?  I know people are using these in multi algo mining bots.  Can you outline what acceptable uses are?

I realize you make money through ads, and need people to visit the site in order to make it profitable for you.  I wouldn't be doing any of this if all the algorithms were supported on the main page.  I don't mind limiting my query to only algorithms not already present on the main page.  I just can't spend the time going through every coin manually that's not present there.

Thanks.

1. There must be a glitch in your code somewhere making multiple requests faster.

2. You are allowed to use the json for scripts and bots, but not to replicate the website.
You can just call calculators.json like once a day to check for new coins. Then call directly the coins that are not listed on the main list.
Thats perfectly sound and you can read each coin stat every 3 minutes, no need to do it more frequently.

That works for me.  I plan to just check daily, and I'll only check coins not listed on main.  Thanks a lot. 
Activity: 778
Merit: 500
I've used your form to request a listing but you don't seem to be getting them.
legendary
Greetings Fredeq,

I was using the main page on the site that shows profitability for coins based on selected cards/hashrates.  However, I noticed recently that a few popular algorithms are not available on the main page  (XVG Verge - X17, for one), but they could be found on the coins page individually.  This got me digging around for API information so I could include these other algorithms in my search.  It looks like I could use the Calculators.json, and then look up coin stats individually by id number. 

Issue 1.  I'm waiting 2 seconds between requests, so that should be 30 rpm.  Still getting banned. 

"The visitors are forbidden to use the WhatToMine APIs for any application that replicates or attempts to replace the essential user experience of whattomine.com. Abuse of the API service may result in a ban from the whole website."  What would the API be used for if not to make similar functionality?  I know people are using these in multi algo mining bots.  Can you outline what acceptable uses are?

I realize you make money through ads, and need people to visit the site in order to make it profitable for you.  I wouldn't be doing any of this if all the algorithms were supported on the main page.  I don't mind limiting my query to only algorithms not already present on the main page.  I just can't spend the time going through every coin manually that's not present there.

Thanks.

1. There must be a glitch in your code somewhere making multiple requests faster.

2. You are allowed to use the json for scripts and bots, but not to replicate the website.
You can just call calculators.json like once a day to check for new coins. Then call directly the coins that are not listed on the main list.
Thats perfectly sound and you can read each coin stat every 3 minutes, no need to do it more frequently.
Activity: 3
Greetings Fredeq,

Thanks.

legendary
Dear fredeq,

Congratulations on your nice effort!

Please consider my improvement proposals:
1) Include some other MAJOR hashing pools except NiceHash (e.g. mining hub pool, zpool, dutch mining, ...)
2) Option to return values in other major currency (e.g. EURO)

Apologies if the above have been addressed but I could not find a way to check so many pages back)

Thank you for your time,
---
Theo

1. I believe there is no API for other multipools.
2. Received this request a couple of times already, but dont consider it high priority for now.
Activity: 7
 Dear fredeq,

Congratulations on your nice effort!

Please consider my improvement proposals:
1) Include some other MAJOR hashing pools except NiceHash (e.g. mining hub pool, zpool, dutch mining, ...)
2) Option to return values in other major currency (e.g. EURO)

Apologies if the above have been addressed but I could not find a way to check so many pages back)

Thank you for your time,
---
Theo
Pages:
Jump to: