Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 29. (Read 94803 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Thanks  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
@fredeq  There seem to be no ready to use data on BTG block time (also you cannot trust the target '10min'), so I'm wondering how would you go about estimating the mining profits in this case?
...in theory you could count the blocks per period, not sure though it's a good idea. what do you say?

Block time is not crucial for calculating rewards. Difficulty matters.

@papampi
ccex is blocking wtm api calls

@fonyo
Currently the timestamp is coming from BTC which may receive updates slower than every 3 minutes.
Will change this to track ETH.

@Taro_Naza
Currently more busy than usual, processing requests slower.

Activity: 686
Merit: 140
Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!
Hello.
I used JSON queries to grab info about currencies. I make 5-6 queries in time to different currencies. I cant grab all with 1 query to coins.json because of software limitations (excel).

I refresh manually (not auto), so no spam should be.
Today I was banned, whattomine answer forbidden to me.

Is it permanent or not? and what frequency limit is?

Current rate limit stands at 120rpm, but it might go to 60 soon.
Ban is temporary.
Hello, Im trying to grab all coins with http://whattomine.com/coins.json
If I open it with browser, it have data about many coins, but if I access to this from my script, it show only few coins. How to get data about all coins with one query?

Are you sure you dont get all?
Which coins missing from json?

What I'm doin is I set my cards, hash rate, power ,.... in the site then click calculate.
Then copy the link and add .json to coins at the beginning of link

Code:
whattomine.com/coins?utf8=✓&adapt_q_280x=0&ada ....

To :
Code:
whattomine.com/coins.json?utf8=✓&adapt_q_280x=0&ada ....

like this :
wtm json for 20x1060 + 13x 1070
I download  "coins.json" with no parameters, I thougth that this should show me all coins ticker data. Now I think that whattomine store user parameters in cookies and if you call "coins.json" without any parameters, WTM will get parameters from cookies and send coins.json for it. Thats why browser show many coins, but if I trying to get from script (without cookies and GET parameters), I get only default coins.

So coins.json is dynamic, I should specify parameters with GET or with cookies (in HTTP header)

But what if I want to get only basic ticker data about coins? like block_time, current difficulty, current hashrate, current reward, current exchange, timestamp, And dont need any videocard speeds, pool fee data.

Default feed is for 3x480
Activity: 406
Hello;
We have submitted our coin (LeviarCoin) to be added to your website whattomine.com few days ago, I want to ask, is there a time frame for how long the process takes to add a coin on your site?
I just want to make sure that we didn't do something wrong like not giving the full information about our coin or something like this.
Thank so much and have a good day.

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Hello.
I used JSON queries to grab info about currencies. I make 5-6 queries in time to different currencies. I cant grab all with 1 query to coins.json because of software limitations (excel).

Ban is temporary.
If I open it with browser, it have data about many coins, but if I access to this from my script, it show only few coins. How to get data about all coins with one query?

What I'm doin is I set my cards, hash rate, power ,.... in the site then click calculate.

Code:

To :
Code:

like this :
I download  "coins.json" with no parameters, I thougth that this should show me all coins ticker data. Now I think that whattomine store user parameters in cookies and if you call "coins.json" without any parameters, WTM will get parameters from cookies and send coins.json for it. Thats why browser show many coins, but if I trying to get from script (without cookies and GET parameters), I get only default coins.

So coins.json is dynamic, I should specify parameters with GET or with cookies (in HTTP header)

But what if I want to get only basic ticker data about coins? like block_time, current difficulty, current hashrate, current reward, current exchange, timestamp, And dont need any videocard speeds, pool fee data.
Hello.

Ban is temporary.

Code:

To :
Code:

like this :
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Hello.

Ban is temporary.
Activity: 304
Hey fredeq, what is the frequency of the data being updated on whattomine? I have been watching the bottom of the page and it varies from around 15 minutes and up. What determines the update rate?
Thanks.

Coin stats and rates are updated every 3 minutes.
Not sure which coins were you watching, but maybe the difficulty stayed constant.

I was looking at the last update indicator at the bottom of the page:
Last update at 2017-11-15 10:57:20 UTC

At the time of this post, that was already more than 3 minutes ago. So what update does the above refer to?

Thanks.
What happened to BTCZ?
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Mining pools are opening for Bitcoin Gold...
Any plans in near future to add it to wtm calculator?

Yes, will research this coin soon.

@fredeq  There seem to be no ready to use data on BTG block time (also you cannot trust the target '10min'), so I'm wondering how would you go about estimating the mining profits in this case?
...in theory you could count the blocks per period, not sure though it's a good idea. what do you say?
legendary

Awesome, Thanks a lot.
I have created an auto switch for nvOC that reads from wtm.
Can't thank you enough for your amazing work

Cheers Smiley
Havent heard about this mining OS, will check it out.

Awesome, Thanks a lot.
I have created an auto switch for nvOC that reads from wtm.
Can't thank you enough for your amazing work
legendary

legendary
Hey fredeq, what is the frequency of the data being updated on whattomine? I have been watching the bottom of the page and it varies from around 15 minutes and up. What determines the update rate?
Thanks.

Coin stats and rates are updated every 3 minutes.
Not sure which coins were you watching, but maybe the difficulty stayed constant.
Activity: 304
Thanks.
legendary
i know not having all data for calculation is not possible, but it show us coins you are working on Smiley
Like ETN on last days for exemple.

But all coins are listed on
https://whattomine.com/calculators and the json version Wink

Always showing for testing, ETN was there for 3 days.

Activity: 661
Merit: 250
Hey Fred, the site has been hit or miss at times over the past few days. I assume it's probably ddos, but just wanted to make sure you knew. Anyway sent another donation to help defray the cost of running and protecting for you awesome site! I figure the site is worth at least $30-50/month USD. Maybe you should consider a subscription model? or a "premium" server access with a subscription, it's financially painful when your server does not respond. Just food for thought

Hey, thanks for the support Smiley
New server infrastracture is coming, but we still have to manage for like 2 or 3 weeks.
Problems got even weirder after OVH crapped out yesterday.

After new server, mobile version, there will be time for nicer upgrades. Maybe even a proper API with keys and stuff Cheesy

@WhyMe
Think there is a misunderstanding. Calculation for inactive coins doesnt make any sense.

I was talking about a list of all coins and its available at:
https://whattomine.com/calculators.json

i know not having all data for calculation is not possible, but it show us coins you are working on Smiley
Like ETN on last days for exemple.
legendary
Hey Fred, the site has been hit or miss at times over the past few days. I assume it's probably ddos, but just wanted to make sure you knew. Anyway sent another donation to help defray the cost of running and protecting for you awesome site! I figure the site is worth at least $30-50/month USD. Maybe you should consider a subscription model? or a "premium" server access with a subscription, it's financially painful when your server does not respond. Just food for thought

Hey, thanks for the support Smiley
New server infrastracture is coming, but we still have to manage for like 2 or 3 weeks.
Problems got even weirder after OVH crapped out yesterday.

After new server, mobile version, there will be time for nicer upgrades. Maybe even a proper API with keys and stuff Cheesy

@WhyMe
Think there is a misunderstanding. Calculation for inactive coins doesnt make any sense.

I was talking about a list of all coins and its available at:
https://whattomine.com/calculators.json
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: