Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 57. (Read 94756 times)

Activity: 502
Merit: 500
@beave Yeah DRK is rising, cause people need to buy 1000DRK(sick 10 BTC now) to run a masternode. When you run it, you gain 10% of ongoing traffic. This created huge buy pressure.

happy to help as always Smiley

I would still prefer to keep it in 2 rows but it seems I will have to go 3rd... Keccak, skein, qubit, scrypt-og, damn I would like to add them all Tongue
Chacha nfactors will replace existing ones, no point keeping 14. Not sure about ultracoin - they said this nfactor would last longer, maybe it changed.
Will look more into apple.

BTW added guldencoin NLG.

Great website! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
@beave Yeah DRK is rising, cause people need to buy 1000DRK(sick 10 BTC now) to run a masternode. When you run it, you gain 10% of ongoing traffic. This created huge buy pressure.

happy to help as always Smiley

I would still prefer to keep it in 2 rows but it seems I will have to go 3rd... Keccak, skein, qubit, scrypt-og, damn I would like to add them all Tongue
Chacha nfactors will replace existing ones, no point keeping 14. Not sure about ultracoin - they said this nfactor would last longer, maybe it changed.
Will look more into apple.

BTW added guldencoin NLG.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
There is a lot of attention on DarkCoin today. I am unfamiliar with X11, so where did I go? I went to whattomine.com. At first, I didn't even realize what algo DarkCoin is, but obviously, you already had it covered.

You may think that having tons of input fields would be a negative and make the site convoluted. I actually think it would be amazing. In a few days, you will have to add NFactor 15 for yacoin and NFactor 13 for ultracoin and microcoin. Any chance you could add AppleCoin, which is currently on NFactor 13?

Thanks so much, fredeq. This site is awesome!
legendary
Did some minor backend and coin updates. Relisted HVC and MRC.

Every exchange rate is now taken as "Top Bid" rather than last trade price.

E: Relisted DMD
legendary
@beave162 @ivanlabrie As I was afraid. Ok I will hardcode it, as soon as I get back home.
I just need a multiplier to get it from groestl - cant afford to add another input field for just one coin Tongue
Would you say 1.9x will suffice as a general multiplier?

I think the only options are to add another field or remove one of the coins. Otherwise, if I input my myriad-groestl hashrate of 6.4 Mhash/s, the numbers will be off.

I have added a litle warning to description to input only GRS hash rate for groestl algo. If anyone is still having doubts, you can reenter your hashrate at MYR-Groestl coinsite to see results.
As of now MYR-groestl hash rate is calculated as (GRS_hr) * 1.9

I am thinking about removing heavycoin though. Its constantly on the bottom of the list and I barerly see anyone changing the default hr_value.

@defaced I will look into it. But I think its other algo right? I need to reorganize fields first, shift labels to the left.
@beave162 @ivanlabrie As I was afraid. Ok I will hardcode it, as soon as I get back home.
I just need a multiplier to get it from groestl - cant afford to add another input field for just one coin Tongue

I think the only options are to add another field or remove one of the coins. Otherwise, if I input my myriad-groestl hashrate of 6.4 Mhash/s, the numbers will be off.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
legendary

@spud21 Happy to help and glad you are using it! Smiley

@goodluck0319 Have any issues, something doesnt look good? I only got positive feedback about my 24profitability. 3 and 7 days is derived from it, so I assume it is ok as well - uses the same data.

Most of success is proper interpretation of the data. Remember that any difficulty is taken as average in requested timeframe, but exchange rate is always taken the latest(current). If you would like to make some calculations with other exchange rates, please navigate to coin page and input the average rate you desire(below the forms you can find 3 types of averages for each coin).

PS:
Myriad should put a big bold letters that their groestl is different from GRS. I have checked all the other calculators and all of them use the same hashrate for GRS and MYR-GRS.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I am wondering is ur data accurate or not.
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
Thanks for providing a brilliant website and API for comparing profitability of altcoins.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
As cbuchner1 pointed out, they use different mixing functions (afaik), groestlcoin is groestl-groestl, and myr-groestl is groestl-sha256.

EDIT: nevermind, failed to see the link LEL
There is an issue with Groestl:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6641511

I get 3.4 Mhash/s with GroestlCoin and 6.4 Mhash/s with MyriadCoin-groestl.
legendary
Added DcGirl's Ultra-Arb ticker to whattomine.com

Its a widget for her arbitrage tool. Enjoy!

legendary
@Durban Hey Smiley Right now list is sorted by 24h profitability, so you do not have to worry about difficulty - the only variable left is exchange rate.

To see if Rate is stable, simply go to coins page by clicking on its name or choose it from http://www.whattomine.com/calculators. Compare coins you have chosen by price stability and you are good to go Smiley

Later you can check Profitability of 3 days and 7 days. For now coins are stable, I recommend sticking to profitability24.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Very nice site!

I'm new to mining so please forgive the noob question but how does one typically use this data? I mean, do you need to watch the screen all day to see which coins are at the top and then point your gear on them? I'm wondering if by the time you made the adjustments to mine the new coin, a bunch of large pools shifted over to it which could significantly lower the profitability.

You are already wiser than me, when I started playing with mining Cheesy

You can check first few most profitable coins, go on their websites, check bitcointalk threads and see which ones you like the most. As you are new to this I would recommend sticking to scrypt algorithm coins for a while. Learn your rig, learn how it behaves then start experimenting with others. X11 are very good in terms of power usage. Still most people go for revenue in btc as ultimate mining factor - thats why my site is not sorted by profit.

If in doubt, look from the top and compare profitability with profitability24. The closer they are to each other, the better chance it will be around this value tomorrow.

Edit: block explorers for HIRO are not updated, data is not correct. All coins updating.

Thanks for the info Fredeq, it is very helpful.
legendary
Added single calculator pages to all coins.
New section can be accessed by clicking coin name. You can play with numbers and check what would be if. Also there are few more statistics there that would not fit into the main list.

whattomine.com
legendary
Yeah I know they do, problem is they dont do bitcointalk or twitter Wink I tried to reach them through official site but there is no contact info.
Thanks for the updates!

Added LGC Logicoin, seems top X11 by profitability.

Any chance you could add ZccCoin?  It's an SC NF 14 coin and I'm not sure if it or YAC is better to mine.

... then you might as well add YBCoin too, although I think the profitability rarely beats YACoin. Chinese love to chacha.

http://explorer.ybcoin.com/

legendary

Any chance you could add ZccCoin?  It's an SC NF 14 coin and I'm not sure if it or YAC is better to mine.

I cant find a working block explorer and zcc thread is not much alive. I will add it if you can find me one though Wink

- 3 and 7 day profitability is now more accurate
- site forms should display a lot better on mobile devices

-added RonPaulCoin
Activity: 693
Merit: 500

Any chance you could add ZccCoin?  It's an SC NF 14 coin and I'm not sure if it or YAC is better to mine.
Pages:
Jump to: