Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 59. (Read 94739 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
Diamond DMD added. Groestl will be added before DMD switches to it.
legendary
Added 24h revenue. Please note that list is now sorted by 24h profitability. This will reduce coin hopping on the list.

Still have in mind a form for user, to choose sorting on his own, stay tuned Smiley
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
@beave quote from thirty: " For what I do with the mining settings, the same settings can be used, but for profitability, they should be treated separately as there can be a difference in the hashrate."

Ok... you would still want to specify the NFactor of the N-Scrypt coins just like you would for the chacha coins. I was just hoping it would be simplified by being the same for chacha and n-scrypt, but apparently, it is not so.

Thanks again
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Interesting tool, especially for newbie.
legendary
@beave quote from thirty: " For what I do with the mining settings, the same settings can be used, but for profitability, they should be treated separately as there can be a difference in the hashrate."

I will add more nfactor inputs, not a problem. Thank you for the tip Smiley

@Pleasantel Added exchange volume reporting. Currently it shows value only for the highest RATE exchange. Thought about showing combined but I have mixed feelings about this.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Maybe post buy books depth on your site Cheesy
@Beave Just got it YGAU9ud4RWbm1C5DxVTMSFvh2zzgwh21LR

Tip on its way. Thanks again. 0b2c2f0029520b2fbf1893bf36f02b8b4cb8344646ecc7d5cd46ddbacd437fc4

As for other comments I am with Thirty, it has to stay as it is.
Last thing about nfactor calculator - this is not on my dev road map now, but it doesnt mean that I wont ever do it.

I'm confused... ThirtyBird didn't say anything opposing my other suggestions. What are you going to do on 24 May when UTC goes to NFactor 13? And 31 May when YACoin goes to NFactor 15? You may not want to clutter the site with a whole bunch of NFactor groupings, but perhaps you could have 3 or 4 with a dropdown menu for each with NFactor options? Just an idea--I'm sure there are better ones.
legendary
The site looks great. I'll definitely be a frequent visitor.

A couple suggestions/comments:

--I have an R7 240. I don't know what the X11 hash rate is, nor do I necessarily care. I want to zero out that parameter as not to skew the results, but I am not allowed to. Instead, I enter in a 1. This workaround is fine for my purposes, but I feel there should be another way. Maybe you can put a checkbox next to each algorithm?

I thought about it lately and as of latest update (2 days ago), you can put 0 in every hash rate except scrypt. This is temporarily, I think checkbox will be added.

As for other comments I am with Thirty, it has to stay as it is.
Last thing about nfactor calculator - this is not on my dev road map now, but it doesnt mean that I wont ever do it.

I will be extremely busy this week, then after first week of may as well. Site will be updated and developed, dont worry.

@scottsecret Thank you Smiley
@Beave Just got it YGAU9ud4RWbm1C5DxVTMSFvh2zzgwh21LR

If you would like to spread the word, I have quickly added twitter follow link to the header section. Or just visit and retweet something: https://twitter.com/WhatToMine
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

I love this website.  Keep up the good work.  I think GPUs are going to be pushing currencies outside of scrypt now.  Your site is on top of that.  Good job.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
Cards behave differently, not the same hash rates with the same gear when mining chacha n 10 vs scrypt-n (salsa) n 11 a la vert.

You tend to get way higher hash rates with chacha compared to scrypt, unless you go higher n factor wise.
Settings can be equal AFAIK. Just keep in mind chacha is equal to scrypt-n with one less n factor value (-1)

So the exact same settings for vertcoin (NFactor 10) would be used for a chacha coin at NFactor 9? But the hash rates still won't be the same? I did not know that...

NFactor in N-Scrypt and Scrypt-Chacha both indicate the same amount of memory is needed per hash.  The difference is simply in the mixing function, and they will have slightly different hash rates.  For what I do with the mining settings, the same settings can be used, but for profitability, they should be treated separately as there can be a difference in the hashrate.  Maybe I should do a comparison....

and yes, YACMiner can mine NScrypt.
Cards behave differently, not the same hash rates with the same gear when mining chacha n 10 vs scrypt-n (salsa) n 11 a la vert.

You tend to get way higher hash rates with chacha compared to scrypt, unless you go higher n factor wise.
Settings can be equal AFAIK. Just keep in mind chacha is equal to scrypt-n with one less n factor value (-1)

So the exact same settings for vertcoin (NFactor 10) would be used for a chacha coin at NFactor 9? But the hash rates still won't be the same? I did not know that...

--I have an R7 240. I don't know what the X11 hash rate is, nor do I necessarily care. I want to zero out that parameter as not to skew the results, but I am not allowed to. Instead, I enter in a 1. This workaround is fine for my purposes, but I feel there should be another way. Maybe you can put a checkbox next to each algorithm?

--Scrypt-N vs scrypt-jane/scrypt-chacha is really no different for mining. The Scrypt-N could be renamed Jane hash rate (Nf10).

--I would suggest "NFactor 10", "NFactor 11", "NFactor 12" and so forth for the names of each grouping--I don't think there is another type of 'NFactor'. There are many coins with scrypt-chacha out there:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

--The other addition to put it over the top is again to have a 'Hardware Results (User Inputs)' link/section. People will surely rather rely on someone else's real world hash rate instead of going through the trouble of finding it themselves every time. Or you can just link to sairon's yacoin-specific version of what I'm talking about: http://yacoinwiki.tk/index.php/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Thanks again for this great site. Do you have a YAC address for me to send a tip?

Hey Beave, actually scrypt-n (like vert) is NOT scrypt chacha but normal scrypt (salsa) with a higher n factor of 11 vs 10.

As for the rest, good ideas, the checkbox thing would be nice, and adding an n factor calculator with a list of coins would make it the absolute best calc out there (which already kinda is Wink ).

I can give the op results for most cards, for all those algorithms, whenever he wants to implement a few presets.

Thank you, Ivan. I'm looking forward to how this site develops.

I should have been more clear. I meant that there is no difference as far as mining them. I believe I can (I think I did) mine vertcoin (N-Scrypt) with ThirtyBird's YACMiner. Is that statement wrong? If it is true and since this site is all about mining profitability, it seems pointless to distinguish the two even though they are different algorithms.

--Scrypt-N vs scrypt-jane/scrypt-chacha is really no different for mining. The Scrypt-N could be renamed Jane hash rate (Nf10).

--I would suggest "NFactor 10", "NFactor 11", "NFactor 12" and so forth for the names of each grouping--I don't think there is another type of 'NFactor'. There are many coins with scrypt-chacha out there:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

--The other addition to put it over the top is again to have a 'Hardware Results (User Inputs)' link/section. People will surely rather rely on someone else's real world hash rate instead of going through the trouble of finding it themselves every time. Or you can just link to sairon's yacoin-specific version of what I'm talking about: http://yacoinwiki.tk/index.php/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Thanks again for this great site. Do you have a YAC address for me to send a tip?

Hey Beave, actually scrypt-n (like vert) is NOT scrypt chacha but normal scrypt (salsa) with a higher n factor of 11 vs 10.

As for the rest, good ideas, the checkbox thing would be nice, and adding an n factor calculator with a list of coins would make it the absolute best calc out there (which already kinda is Wink ).

I can give the op results for most cards, for all those algorithms, whenever he wants to implement a few presets.

Thank you, Ivan. I'm looking forward to how this site develops.

I should have been more clear. I meant that there is no difference as far as mining them. I believe I can (I think I did) mine vertcoin (N-Scrypt) with ThirtyBird's YACMiner. Is that statement wrong? If it is true and since this site is all about mining profitability, it seems pointless to distinguish the two even though they are different algorithms.

legendary
Added support for nfactor = 14 jane coins.
Added YACoin (nf14) and microCoin (nf12). Remember that nf14 is tricky to mine - gpu ram seems to be most important.

Future updates:
-add exchange volume to display in market cap column
-add profitability of 3 day / 7 day / 30 day as db catches more data

-add sha256 ASIC section
legendary
Added Saturncoin and Auroracoin.

Feel free to suggest any coins, changes, anything.
legendary
Added Caishen and Karmacoin.

You can now access json from the link on the index page.
legendary
Very nice site!

I'm new to mining so please forgive the noob question but how does one typically use this data? I mean, do you need to watch the screen all day to see which coins are at the top and then point your gear on them? I'm wondering if by the time you made the adjustments to mine the new coin, a bunch of large pools shifted over to it which could significantly lower the profitability.

You are already wiser than me, when I started playing with mining Cheesy

You can check first few most profitable coins, go on their websites, check bitcointalk threads and see which ones you like the most. As you are new to this I would recommend sticking to scrypt algorithm coins for a while. Learn your rig, learn how it behaves then start experimenting with others. X11 are very good in terms of power usage. Still most people go for revenue in btc as ultimate mining factor - thats why my site is not sorted by profit.

If in doubt, look from the top and compare profitability with profitability24. The closer they are to each other, the better chance it will be around this value tomorrow.

Edit: block explorers for HIRO are not updated, data is not correct. All coins updating.
Pages:
Jump to: