Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 61. (Read 94756 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Nice site!  Grin

Can you add Myriadcoin? Please!
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
@acuriousman Will consider that when db catches data for that timeframe Wink

@LuckyBtc Do you mean coin logos? they open fine on few of mine computers, anyone else having problems?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011
Website is pretty neat. Btw the pics won't load up that looks dirty lol
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
How about a 7 day most profitable average for all the coins? Or maybe even a 30 day average?

That'd be a great addition. Smiley
legendary
no x11 coins and what about heavycoin and myriad

looks good so far though, but would like the above..

Lately I have been a bit preoccupied, so I dont know all the latest coins with all the latest hashing functions. From the ones you listed I know about heavy and dark, but I thought it was meant to be cpu only.
I think adding more types is not a problem. Will research first.

Update: You can expect more types to appear on site. Hopefully this week.
legendary
@Thirtybird
At one point I have considered to not disable other inputs and let users do what they wish. But that created a problem.
Lets say you are interested only in chacha mining, in comparison with scrypt coins. You enter your chacha hash rate, scrypt stays default 1000 and the list is not valid anymore. If your chacha hash rate is more than it would be on normal scrypt(lets say by a factor or 3). You now look on the list and think "Woow all those chacha coins are so profitable compared to regular scrypt".

You did raise a valid point though, I did not know that low-end card with a bunch of memory can outperform high-end with smaller RAM the same amount of RAM. Something to think about definitely.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
no x11 coins and what about heavycoin and myriad

looks good so far though, but would like the above..
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
continuing from the UTC thread...

UTC is not scrypt-N, it is scrypt-chacha (what you call scrypt jane), and not all scrypt-chacha coins are on the same N factor.  If fact, there are quite a few that are on 14, UTC is on 12, and some are below 10.

If you ever do figure it out though, there are some nice things that can be done with that information Smiley

Yeah I am a bit puzzled what to do with chacha.
I am a miner owning currently 280x and 290, so everytime new n-factor kicks in, I check the default hashrates and extrapolate the coefficients. I think it is impossible to predict it for factors that did not happen yet.

Plus, two identical cards, differing only in memory amount will give very different hash rates when you start to get up there in N factors.  My R7 240 4 GB card is significantly more efficient at mining YACoin than your 290 because you've got to run a lookup-gap somewhere around 8, where as I can run a LG of 2.  You may need to do something like coinwarz does where you let the user input various hashrates for different coins
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
thanks for the site!
legendary

UTC is not scrypt-N, it is scrypt-chacha (what you call scrypt jane), and not all scrypt-chacha coins are on the same N factor.  If fact, there are quite a few that are on 14, UTC is on 12, and some are below 10.

If you ever do figure it out though, there are some nice things that can be done with that information Smiley

Yeah I am a bit puzzled what to do with chacha.
I am a miner owning currently 280x and 290, so everytime new n-factor kicks in, I check the default hashrates and extrapolate the coefficients. I think it is impossible to predict it for factors that did not happen yet.

Edit: If you have any suggestions, feel free to post here or contact me through form on site. Email can be left blank.
Activity: 693

legendary
New data is fetched every 3 minutes - both for exchanges and stats. Glad you like the looks Wink
Activity: 770
Looks good , how soon is website updated ?
legendary
Hello,

I have made a website, where you can compare profitability of various altcoins.
Coins with only LTC market are also included(more to come), they are marked with "(L)" by an exchange name.

Here is the link: https://www.whattomine.com/
For SHA256&Scrypt only: https://www.whattomine.com/asic
If you are in need of basic json response, try this: https://www.whattomine.com/coins.json | https://www.whattomine.com/asic.json | https://whattomine.com/calculators.json

Enjoy  Wink

How can I use custom values with json?
First setup whatever you need via the browser and press calculate.
Then just inject `.json` into browser url right before `?`
Pages:
Jump to: