Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 58. (Read 94756 times)

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
Added LGC Logicoin, seems top X11 by profitability.
legendary
@elixir will keep an eye on it.

GPU section is now compared to litecoin with more sane % Wink

www.whattomine.com
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
i'd try mining 666coin, launches May 3rd.

follow here for updates https://twitter.com/666Coin666
legendary
Am I missing something with the revenue vs profitability statistics? I input 66W for power @ 0.1 per kWhr, which equates to $0.16 in energy costs. It shows up that way in the Nf14 grouping, but I'm getting negative profitability in the ranking list despite $0.53 of calculated revenue...

Thank you Beave, something is wrong with daily cost input. Will fix it soon. EDIT: Fixed! Forgot to change algo name to Chacha in one last place. Profitability was calculated ok, only profit took values from scrypt.

In the meanwhile Asic section is up. To my surprise, there are not many sha256 coins around.
JSON link will change either to gpu, or asic section, depending on what you have opened.
Expect GPU section to be calculated vs LTC tomorrow with the same green style as ASIC is right now.

http://www.whattomine.com/asic
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Am I missing something with the revenue vs profitability statistics? I input 66W for power @ 0.1 per kWhr, which equates to $0.16 in energy costs. It shows up that way in the Nf14 grouping, but I'm getting negative profitability in the ranking list despite $0.53 of calculated revenue...
legendary
Checkboxes are no longer drunk and are working as intended Wink

Chacha is here, Groestl is here, ready for DMD to change.

Groestlcoin added.
legendary
Yeah I know Thirty that they are both dance names Smiley

Btw bittrex with QBC quebecoin added. Limecoin and muniti soon to follow.

I'm excited for a twerk-based coin Smiley

I love this site. It is definitely one I frequently visit.

The checkboxes are a little confusing. I assume a coin that has the box checked is included as opposed to excluded. I think it would be better to have the function of checking the box opposite of how it is now? But the default setting should be all boxes checked. Basically, people can UNcheck any algo they want to exclude.

I know and I agree, I was out of steam yesterday and just left it as it is - coding for opposite would have taken me much more time. I will do it, unfortunately all saved settings will be reset.

But thank you for some encouraging words Smiley

I'm excited for a twerk-based coin Smiley

I love this site. It is definitely one I frequently visit.

The checkboxes are a little confusing. I assume a coin that has the box checked is included as opposed to excluded. I think it would be better to have the function of checking the box opposite of how it is now? But the default setting should be all boxes checked. Basically, people can UNcheck any algo they want to exclude.
legendary

Activity: 693
Merit: 500
Yep I gotta change it then... But why it has to be chacha - its hilarious Tongue Even salsa sounds cool.

They're both dances that involve a lot of body movement, which is kind of funny when you realize it as that's what mixing functions do to numbers...
legendary
Filtering added.

Simply check the algorithm, you would like to filter out!
Yep I gotta change it then... But why it has to be chacha - its hilarious Tongue Even salsa sounds cool.

Plus I got second problem, commoners know what jane is. Somehow majority(me included) thought that all the nfactors are -jane based. It will be hell of a mess, when I change it to chacha.

Commoners DON'T know what Jane is ;p

I think you already have that problem solved by identifying that info next to the coins...
legendary

Plus I got second problem, commoners know what jane is. Somehow majority(me included) thought that all the nfactors are -jane based. It will be hell of a mess, when I change it to chacha.

Accuracy is one of the most important things, thats good.

- I cant sleep cause of Jane vs Chacha... The only info I have found, states that Chacha is a part of Jane, not the other way around - hence why I left it as it is. Plus I really enjoy the Jane name Cheesy Feel free to give me any materials on it, I am pretty busy right know, but rest assured I am constantly thinking about it!

Scrypt-Jane is a library of hashing algorithms.
Salsa is a mixing function - it is used by coins like Litecoin, Dogecoin, etc.
Chacha is a mixing function - it is used by coins like YACoin, Ultracoin, ZccCoin, Microcoin

You can use scrypt-jane (the library) to implement what you need to hash Litecoin (scrypt mixed with salsa), so technically, Litecoin is a scrypt-jane coin as well.

The difference from litecoin to yacoin being salsa vs. chacha, it was coined "scrypt-chacha" by Windmaster to signify its difference
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2332885

another post I made on the subject recently: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5940486
legendary
Added sorting. You can choose from:

Difficulty, Market Cap, Exchange Volume, Revenue, Profit, Profitability 24h, Profitability 3 days, Profitability 7 days.

Default stays Profitability 24h. Choice will be remembered by cookies.
I is there already a mobile version?

I dont have a separate view for mobile devices, if that is what you are asking.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Difficulty, Market Cap, Exchange Volume, Revenue, Profit, Profitability 24h, Profitability 3 days, Profitability 7 days.

I is there already a mobile version?
legendary

legendary
I like what you've done - it looks pretty accurate to me.  Sadly this means that people might figure out my mining secret and I'll make less  Tongue

If I may offer two suggestions:

1.) Scrypt-Jane.  No.  Scrypt-Chacha.  Yes.  Thanks.
2.) It appears the site uses cookies to remember what we've entered - fantastic.  Could you think of a way to integrate a "save settings as X" button?  I've got three different rigs composed to three different types of cards.  I would enter hashrates for one of these machines for each of the algorithms in a text box type "R7 240 Rig" and click "Save as" or something.  Then when I come back, I can switch the settings easily with a "Load settings from " dropdown box that has whatever I've saved.

Accuracy is one of the most important things, thats good.

- I cant sleep cause of Jane vs Chacha... The only info I have found, states that Chacha is a part of Jane, not the other way around - hence why I left it as it is. Plus I really enjoy the Jane name Cheesy Feel free to give me any materials on it, I am pretty busy right know, but rest assured I am constantly thinking about it!

- I have a basic vision of how to implement that. Still would like to do ASIC section first.

EDIT: Oh and I have been asked to drop btc from gpu section and calculate profitability vs LTC. Think its a good idea, therefore I will pursue it. Revenues, volumes will stay in BTC.
I like what you've done - it looks pretty accurate to me.  Sadly this means that people might figure out my mining secret and I'll make less  Tongue

If I may offer two suggestions:

1.) Scrypt-Jane.  No.  Scrypt-Chacha.  Yes.  Thanks.
2.) It appears the site uses cookies to remember what we've entered - fantastic.  Could you think of a way to integrate a "save settings as X" button?  I've got three different rigs composed to three different types of cards.  I would enter hashrates for one of these machines for each of the algorithms in a text box type "R7 240 Rig" and click "Save as" or something.  Then when I come back, I can switch the settings easily with a "Load settings from " dropdown box that has whatever I've saved.

legendary
Noblecoin NOBL added. Profitability going up and up! Wink
Pages:
Jump to: