Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 60. (Read 94739 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Very nice site!

I'm new to mining so please forgive the noob question but how does one typically use this data? I mean, do you need to watch the screen all day to see which coins are at the top and then point your gear on them? I'm wondering if by the time you made the adjustments to mine the new coin, a bunch of large pools shifted over to it which could significantly lower the profitability.
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
Thank you Ivan for all the ideas, words and data you provided Smiley

I hope to attract more attention. Have to work on twitter profile, so much more to do Wink
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Great work, your site is the best currently.  Cool
legendary
Fluttercoin has been added.

Btw check that crazy low diff on hirocoin Wink
legendary
Updated site with coins:

Hirocoin, darkcoin, heavycoin, myriad (scrypt for now, more to come).

You can specify your own hash rate and power consumption for every algo. Default values are still calculated from scrypt. It may be off for x11 and heavy power usage - got mixed reports.

There are plenty of scrypt chacha coins but no one bothers including them in calculators normally, cause it's a bit too much work.
Based on Thirtybird's work I think it's possible to devise an algorithm to calculate performance based on shader count and ram size, as well as architecture.

Thirty said to me in utc thread that he hasnt figured this out yet, so it is probably bloody complicated. But that is a great idea, probably a goal to be achived at some point.

I could make second row of data imput but then the first page will look like crap Tongue And the thing I am most worreid about. If I let people enter their own hashrate everything will be distorted in terms of profitability.
Someone would have to fill all the input fields(probably like 15 of them if I add all the factors), for the list to actually show correct coin relations.
Thats not very practical, but then there are cookies, so you would need to do it only once, as long as your hashrate does not change.

Ok, I will let people input their hashrates with the next update that will come with some coins and wait for feedback how it feels.

I think manual input of hash rates for each coin/algo would be best for now...Adding a sample template for a few popular gpu models would be a good idea too. Let me know if you plan to implement that.
legendary

There are plenty of scrypt chacha coins but no one bothers including them in calculators normally, cause it's a bit too much work.
Based on Thirtybird's work I think it's possible to devise an algorithm to calculate performance based on shader count and ram size, as well as architecture.

Thirty said to me in utc thread that he hasnt figured this out yet, so it is probably bloody complicated. But that is a great idea, probably a goal to be achived at some point.

I could make second row of data imput but then the first page will look like crap Tongue And the thing I am most worreid about. If I let people enter their own hashrate everything will be distorted in terms of profitability.
Someone would have to fill all the input fields(probably like 15 of them if I add all the factors), for the list to actually show correct coin relations.
Thats not very practical, but then there are cookies, so you would need to do it only once, as long as your hashrate does not change.

Ok, I will let people input their hashrates with the next update that will come with some coins and wait for feedback how it feels.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Good job! I like this website, it will be better to add more algo such like X11 and more altcoin.

Different setting of GPUs will lead to various hash rate, so it is not necessary to match the actual hash rate for each algo.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Yup, that works rather well...problem is the kh/s rates for all cards.

I can dig up the rates for the cards if you can integrate an N factor 14 calc into the site.

You'd need a few more variables to adapt the charts to all cards and coins, but it would be the ultimate mining calc.

+1
It really would be the best mining calculator
Yup, that works rather well...problem is the kh/s rates for all cards.

I can dig up the rates for the cards if you can integrate an N factor 14 calc into the site.

You'd need a few more variables to adapt the charts to all cards and coins, but it would be the ultimate mining calc.
BTW there is a profitability calculator for YACoin vs scrypt if you have the khash/s...

http://explorer.yacoin.org/static/calc.htm
Ugh I'm sorry. 30 khash/s is what I got with UltraCoin at the previous NFactor. I was getting around 150 khash/s with scrypt, but according to https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison, people get up to 200 khash/s (depending on the maker of the card). So with the 5770, your site is somewhat accurate.

But yes, it doesn't take into account NFactor, so with YACoin, the results are very skewed. You are going to have issues though if you aren't taking into account VRAM. How accurate would you be with an R7 240 4GB?

Edit: I think it would go a long way to simply allow someone to edit the scrypt-jane, scrypt-n hash rates manually in addition to specifying the NFactor.

I have a hash rate database for most cards (both nvidia and amd) and algorithms and can help you out if you want.

That would be most welcome Smiley Can you pass me a link in a personal message?

I can send you some screenshots, but it took quite a bit of work, keep that in mind :p
Ugh I'm sorry. 30 khash/s is what I got with UltraCoin at the previous NFactor. I was getting around 150 khash/s with scrypt, but according to https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison, people get up to 200 khash/s (depending on the maker of the card). So with the 5770, your site is somewhat accurate.

But yes, it doesn't take into account NFactor, so with YACoin, the results are very skewed. You are going to have issues though if you aren't taking into account VRAM. How accurate would you be with an R7 240 4GB?

Edit: I think it would go a long way to simply allow someone to edit the scrypt-jane, scrypt-n hash rates manually in addition to specifying the NFactor.
legendary
My 5770 gets about 30 khash/s with scrypt... 1.4-1.5 khash/s mining YACoin (scrypt-jane NFactor=14). The website is not correct.

You aren't taking into account different NFactors. You can't just have a blanket "scrypt-jane" hashrate...

Yes thats true, but as long I am not having Yacoin I am not misleading anyone. Scrypt-jane table applies only to ultracoin. When I add more coins I will rearrange this.
My 5770 gets about 30 khash/s with scrypt... 1.4-1.5 khash/s mining YACoin (scrypt-jane NFactor=14). The website is not correct.

You aren't taking into account different NFactors. You can't just have a blanket "scrypt-jane" hashrate...
legendary
Ultracoin is definitely not the most profitable to mine on any card. You need to add MyriadCoin, YACoin, YBCoin, ZCCoin. And yes... a database of ACTUAL results is needed. You are relying on random people to enter accurate information though...

Well i didnt say that ultracoin is the most profitable to mine of all coins. Some coins will be added, but not during this weekend. Not sure what you mean by that database thingy - are the scrypt-n and scrypt-jane values not correct for you?
Ultracoin is definitely not the most profitable to mine on any card. You need to add MyriadCoin, YACoin, YBCoin, ZCCoin. And yes... a database of ACTUAL results is needed. You are relying on random people to enter accurate information though...
legendary
I have a hash rate database for most cards (both nvidia and amd) and algorithms and can help you out if you want.

That would be most welcome Smiley Can you pass me a link in a personal message?
legendary
Nice site!  Grin

Can you add Myriadcoin? Please!

Thanks! Currently I am looking into Hiro, dark, heavy and myriad.
Pages:
Jump to: