Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 11. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 12, 2018, 09:42:56 AM
For me i am not selling until i am not satisfied with the value or it, for example i will not sell my bitcoins until the value of it will not totally increase very high so when value of it will increase very high im gonna sell it immediately and i will earn many profit in that way, but holding my coins is may takes times but when wait for too long it will totally payoffs.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 09:33:29 AM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

Hello, I will sell when.
I need money or its price increase x 1.5 and move on to other coins to minimize risk. Smiley Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 102
January 12, 2018, 08:44:00 AM
I sell my bitcoins only if I am urgent need of cash or its giving me huge profits but even if I sell its very small amount as I believe in  holding it longer to make higher profits from it and now price is on increasing mode which clearly indicates that price will go much higher in future and when it will hit my target price I won't mind in selling all my bitcoins.
Activity: 210
January 12, 2018, 08:42:13 AM
For those that sold their bitcoins already, it's good to see that you were happy with your gains but personally I won't sell for now. I'm not that frustrated with the current price of bitcoin but I can't sell for now as there's no need of doing it and I'm pretty sure that it's price will rise again. So for now it's better to just keep on waiting for the right price before selling, I'm not even in a hurry so there's no need to panic.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
January 12, 2018, 08:19:50 AM
As my strategy for selling bitcoins, it would be practical and less risky if the price is high, I sell half of my hold bitcoin and invest 1:4 of it or trade and hold the remaining bitcoin. And continue to do that strategy when I have profit. Sounds literally not profitable but you should know that it's a self regulating transactions, so it's better stake of doing what makes you comfortable with.
Well i believe that s3lling must always be done  during high price .maybe that was really a verry basic or simpliest strategy but we can really gain a huge return on it maybe some people   hold tbier bitcoin even if it is really rising because they want to make a double profit depending on the present price bitcoin is really amazing .
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
January 12, 2018, 07:43:21 AM
you should do a market analysis before trading, it will allow you to estimate the profits that you will get.
Activity: 364
January 12, 2018, 01:05:56 AM
As my strategy for selling bitcoins, it would be practical and less risky if the price is high, I sell half of my hold bitcoin and invest 1:4 of it or trade and hold the remaining bitcoin. And continue to do that strategy when I have profit. Sounds literally not profitable but you should know that it's a self regulating transactions, so it's better stake of doing what makes you comfortable with.
Activity: 60
January 12, 2018, 12:49:46 AM
It depends on your short or long term plan, put an expectation and sell when it get there or closely there
Activity: 504
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
January 12, 2018, 12:40:51 AM
I like to see my increase in satochi and computing my profit in percentage make my record more clearer however, majority of people are selling and buying in usd. Unfortunately, I must reason in usd in order for me to trade efficiently but i believe in future there will not be need to trade in usd!
Activity: 238
Merit: 112
January 11, 2018, 10:36:50 PM
While you're doing a long term investment, I believe that you have a specific target time to cash out some of your asset or even all of your asset. Just Like I did, I will decide to cash out some of my crypto currency asset in around 5 years forward, and left the rest for my old age. Even So, I would like to sell it when it's on a peak price in that time. That's why, the long term investment are better than other strategies. The other side, I also doing active trade with my 20% of wealth.
Hmm, hahaha. If I may be very different than all of you who are here. I do not wait until three and five years. I also do not wait for the price to go up and down. I just wait until the amount of Bitcoin can be a lot. I just wait until Bitcoin price can be a lot. Much like what? Until all that is enough to realize all my dreams. What are my dreams? Buy a house, buy a gaming computer, build a comfortable home, happy parents, build my mining business, build my website, and until then I will never sell. Maybe you can give me an opinion on this plan. Maybe you can criticize me if my view is wrong. Just as it has been said above, that long-term is the best, but I don't do trading.
Activity: 248
January 11, 2018, 09:58:48 PM
if you want to sell, try to keep 30% of it, it's a good rule Wink

that is what im doing lately and it is very effective way to save , and im doing it until now because i see saving is must on todays living , i felt sorry when i earn something but i dont have any kept so lately i decided to have a saving and im happy with the result .  And i sell only when i need to have a cash on my hand .
Activity: 196
January 11, 2018, 09:54:52 PM
While you're doing a long term investment, I believe that you have a specific target time to cash out some of your asset or even all of your asset. Just Like I did, I will decide to cash out some of my crypto currency asset in around 5 years forward, and left the rest for my old age. Even So, I would like to sell it when it's on a peak price in that time. That's why, the long term investment are better than other strategies. The other side, I also doing active trade with my 20% of wealth.
Activity: 392
Merit: 112
January 11, 2018, 09:26:54 PM

Agree on this. By just taking profits, it is easy to earn profits. Even just doing day trade, just sell when you already have 10%-15% profits. It doesn't matter . As long as you are active. You can earn that in just short period of time. Just keep on your mind, PROFITS. And don't forget to put stop loss  Wink
Activity: 6
January 11, 2018, 07:45:25 PM
I always try to set a price where I can sell for the value of my initial investment and then after different amount of % of profit I sell portions of my position. I always keep some of the coins and HODL it, you never know..Smiley
Activity: 350
TRONscratch.com
January 11, 2018, 05:54:05 PM
In my own way I usually sale my BTC or altcoins when it is profitable.  When you see that you can gain from it go grab it.  Gaining profit is the key. 
Activity: 112
January 11, 2018, 05:25:26 PM
Sell when buys are running out of steam and do the same when you want to buy  Grin
this is harder than you make it sound, sometimes you may miss out doing this
Activity: 55
January 11, 2018, 04:39:49 PM
I try to play cold, so whenever coin is giving me some profit, like 1.30 and is not too dynamic, I sell. If it keeps growing, i try to keep an eye on it, and try to analyse the previous dynamic, and when the price gets suspiciously high, I also sell it) Usually I sell 80% and always leave 20%, who knows what will be...
Activity: 238
January 11, 2018, 02:54:55 PM
I have set the value of my portfolio to exceed one million USD before I will sell. When this happens I will also only sell half of the portfolio and keep the other half because I strongly believe in crypto in general and want to have a good amount of money in crypto because I hope that we will be able to use it like cash in the near future!
Activity: 64
January 11, 2018, 02:35:29 PM
copper member
Activity: 1050
January 11, 2018, 01:32:00 PM
at suit time when a coin reaches a good position or have a value
Pages:
Jump to: