Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 33. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 01:04:45 AM
I think that when I know about a currency that it is increasing I keep it for future because I know that still this currency has a potential of growth. When I check that the prices are at the peak then I wish to sell my investment or we can say bitcoin currency to make money.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
October 30, 2017, 12:57:58 AM
I am also a beginner here, I myself can not determine when I should sell it, even though it has achieved 50% profit, I still hesitate to sell it. because I expect more from it, so the point is for me, if I still have money, I will continue to hold it until I get 70% profit ++

50% profit is already a safe haven for traders but the price can potentially grow so you just have to wait for some more time. There's going to have another time for hard fork so you just have to wait after it's done as the price may go at it's highest for this year. And basically there will be another ATH for this year so if you are patient enough to wait for that moment, just keep on waiting.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128
October 30, 2017, 12:46:50 AM
I am also a beginner here, I myself can not determine when I should sell it, even though it has achieved 50% profit, I still hesitate to sell it. because I expect more from it, so the point is for me, if I still have money, I will continue to hold it until I get 70% profit ++
There is no one other than you who can actually decide this thing in a better way. You being the owner of your bitcoins have to decide this that how much profit you actually want to earn from the bitcoins which you are holding in your wallet. Till the time you do not get your desired amount of profit, there is no point of selling your bitcoins. Sell them only when you are having enough profit.
Activity: 773
Merit: 101
Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC
October 29, 2017, 11:28:43 AM
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
October 29, 2017, 08:29:33 AM
according to my own personal experience i start buying whenever the price of bitcoin going down and whenever the price of bitcoin is going increasing then i start selling my coin which will give me enough profit.

I am doing the same thing, the basic techniques in trading, simple but need extra efforts and timing. A good choice of coin and good time to invest to get a profit.
It is not at all possible for all of us to do well in the world of trading. For selling, I am not in favor selling the bitcoins. It is because of the reason that selling cannot result in anything good. In case you are left with no other option than selling of your bitcoins, then make sure that you are selling at the time when the prices are very much high. Moreover, do not sell until you are not getting enough amount of profit.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 299
October 28, 2017, 03:36:44 AM
according to my own personal experience i start buying whenever the price of bitcoin going down and whenever the price of bitcoin is going increasing then i start selling my coin which will give me enough profit.
That is maybe the safest way of trading, also interesting one. I didn't consider that before, it sounds safer. For me there is always a dilemma when to buy and when to sell, like in many cases not just me. But with your way of looking on trading... yes you earn a bit lower, but your way of trading is safer. That is what is sometime important, better to earn a bit less, than to make a mistake. But i don't regret anything that I have done in trading. Thanks for idea. Cheesy
If you are doing trading without any strategy this gives nothing simply selling depends on the higher rates and like other do I also wait for the high prices to come so that I can make good piece of profit and more of it bitcoin is the name of strategy simply and there are some thumb rule like buy low sell high this makes a person successful trader and simply apply this technique to achieve big in this field.
Activity: 322
Merit: 110
elysian.finance
October 28, 2017, 03:22:06 AM

I am doing the same thing, the basic techniques in trading, simple but need extra efforts and timing. A good choice of coin and good time to invest to get a profit.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
October 28, 2017, 02:52:48 AM
That is maybe the safest way of trading, also interesting one. I didn't consider that before, it sounds safer. For me there is always a dilemma when to buy and when to sell, like in many cases not just me. But with your way of looking on trading... yes you earn a bit lower, but your way of trading is safer. That is what is sometime important, better to earn a bit less, than to make a mistake. But i don't regret anything that I have done in trading. Thanks for idea. Cheesy
For that only, it is often said don’t go for the quantity, rather quality must be the point of pivot. You are absolutely right, when you are intending to join trading or investing then you must learn enough for better results. And these results should give you experience.

Then, try to go for better thing even it is not that big. Thanks on it and try to make less mistakes when you are somehow expert.
Activity: 518
Merit: 115
October 27, 2017, 04:20:36 PM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

Try to observe how the rise and fall behaves.  If it rises to certain percent that your content with then sell.  Biggest advice is that when your contented on a certain %, don't "look back".  The only that hurts us here is regret.  Grin
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
October 27, 2017, 04:06:36 PM
I will do sell if I think the price will never get higher. You have to learn how to read the flow of the graph if the trend will go higher or not. Before the price goes down, you have to withdraw it to avoid big loss. Also, you need to read the news about Bitcoin to know the forecast and make some plans about it. However, as of the moment, the price is too high to buy but it's the best time to sell. 😊
Yes that’s the right strategy to make a lot from the coin you owe most of people are in greed that it will go up more but suddenly dump time starts again and they are regretting that they could have sold their coin, so whenever prices gets higher and stayed around that value for more than two days sell your coins at that that will give you profit otherwise future is unpredicted in crypto otherwise you will wait.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
October 26, 2017, 07:08:15 PM
According the experience from these  past years :  I think selling is wrong, keepping  is a better choice

Keeping is better choice in so far as just holding your bitcoin. But if you are trading, this question is valid. Good cryptocurrency traders out there are really that good that they already have some pre-planned trading as to when to buy and sell - with this, there will be no more guessing and just a matter of setting up auto buy and sell of desired altcoins.
People do make good money with trading which clearly emnas that trading is not that bad option for making money. It is just for selective people, not everyone who is making a deal can be called trader. Traders need to be smart, keen and active all the time otherwise they will miss many opportunities of selling off their products, coins etc. at the moment, holding of bitcoin is the best option if you want some good money.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
October 26, 2017, 06:47:28 PM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

I have always seen bitcoin as a long-term investment, and I think it is better to hold for now. Also I think the bitcoin is the best coin according to its successes and the price curves. If we think about the altcoins, you have to make your movements by using your trading skills. It is really hard to make comments about the next prices of the cryptocurrencies, but according to past price curves, you can catch some characteristic behaviours of the coin and can make some logic predictions about the next prices.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
October 26, 2017, 01:03:17 PM
Activity: 334
October 26, 2017, 07:07:31 AM
According the experience from these  past years :  I think selling is wrong, keepping  is a better choice

Keeping is better choice in so far as just holding your bitcoin. But if you are trading, this question is valid. Good cryptocurrency traders out there are really that good that they already have some pre-planned trading as to when to buy and sell - with this, there will be no more guessing and just a matter of setting up auto buy and sell of desired altcoins.

Sounds good if someone have ability of ' strategy design'.  But it is not reality for most man in the street.

You are correct mate - trading is really not for everyone. Fact is, even if that certain individual knows many things and knowledge about trading and also have some list of best trading strategies, it would not mean that he will be successful at trading. After all it is the mindset, descipline, and will power to follow the strategy that count.
I often read here people are asking for help when they want to get into it. They don’t know anything about trading but the only shine of the profits bitcoin is offering, they want to dive in this pool of traders. I must say, everything is not for everyone.

There must be some interest and will power, as you said, for making your run in a race. Find it and if you find that in trading go ahead.
Activity: 229
The Operating System for DAOs
October 25, 2017, 04:20:51 PM
When do I sell? I usually sell my initial investment after some pump like 200% then hold the rest. But it depends, when I was investing in icos I just sold all my coins on the pump, in some cases, it was a right decision. But after some time I think I should give more time to the new coin, and see how it will do after 1 year! I think that blockchain platforms and wallets have more growth potential than simple erc20 tokens, but it is just my opinion.You should just do your own due diligence
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
October 25, 2017, 04:10:59 PM
Generally, I usually use percent of the money I invest to set my profit. Depend on kind of bitcoin and altcoin, I will set 5% or 10%. If my coin rises up equal or near those percent, I will sell.
The fact is that for which type of earnings you need to have increased attention to the Bitcoin course. If you take a plus or minus 5% of the price, it happens that the difference changes in just a few minutes.
Activity: 499
Merit: 250
Chainjoes.com
October 25, 2017, 04:01:03 PM
Generally, I usually use percent of the money I invest to set my profit. Depend on kind of bitcoin and altcoin, I will set 5% or 10%. If my coin rises up equal or near those percent, I will sell.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
October 25, 2017, 04:00:52 PM
As long as the condition is that we get profits, selling my opinion is a good choice. Due to the current uncertain condition, we can not determine the direction of the price movement of Bitcoin. But the difference in the needs of the person is particularly noticeable.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 565
October 25, 2017, 03:52:05 PM

I will fix some percentage to myself like i will wait until it reaches to the certain % and sell them for decent for profit. Its a method not willing to take risk.
Else i will hold my coins for long term and i will set my mind not to touch even if the price go down will not worry about it. So that o can get some unexpected profit by taking risks. Because i have a hope cryptocurrency is future so it will not give from the market.
Activity: 469
Merit: 101
October 25, 2017, 02:14:35 PM
Usually i wait when my bought coin reaches 10-15% more from price which i paid. Safe and good profit Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: