Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 35. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 100
October 21, 2017, 09:36:39 PM
My strategy is when my altcoin's value is doubled, I sell it right away. That's what I learned from my experience in trading and monitoring charts and movements frequently.
Activity: 644
Merit: 379
October 21, 2017, 08:28:37 PM
I always sell when people is greedy about something.
I use some technical analysis and indicators to decide when to sell.
Some of them are Relative strength index,MACD,Bolinger bands.
But these indicators doesn't give 100% results but it helps to take decision.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
October 21, 2017, 07:45:34 PM
Waiting for certain percentage is maybe best option of them all, but not every one like calculations. I do somehing similar to that, and that is that I put in mind certain price above what i payed and when Bitcoin reach that poin i sell. Some time I also sell outside those boundaries, and that is when i need fast money.
I am not like that. It is good to do work this way but digital market is beneficial one. Whta I do is wait in the pump and let the prices rise up as high as they can. Once the price starts to falling down, that is my moment. I sell out my coins because as the dip season gets visible. During dip, I do not buy until the price reach its lower peak. Whenever there is a a rise, I start buying my digital asset. it is a little difficult job as it requires a constant look but this works for me.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
October 21, 2017, 07:32:06 PM
I sell only when I am making some really good profits from it or else I hold it for a long term as of today I sold some of my coins and now waiting for the price to fall after the fork which would be a great time to buy at cheap price and hold it till the end of the year.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
October 21, 2017, 06:48:40 PM
Fundamental analysis means most for any crypto. I usually read articles from coindesk or cointelegraph do decide wether to buy or sell

When someone want to get profit out of coin you can be in trouble and there is no analysis to help you there.
Activity: 714
October 21, 2017, 05:30:30 PM
Depends on the entry price and exit price as if you have bought at low price then you can sell your bitcoins currently unless you are making good profits from it and I follow the same strategy as I start selling my coins when I am making good profits from it as I can buy later on when price starts falling.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128
October 21, 2017, 04:15:04 PM
Waiting for certain percentage is maybe best option of them all, but not every one like calculations. I do somehing similar to that, and that is that I put in mind certain price above what i payed and when Bitcoin reach that poin i sell. Some time I also sell outside those boundaries, and that is when i need fast money.
Selling your bitcoin actually means that you are going to lose the amount of profit which you can get by holding your bitcoins for some more time. In case there is no other option left, then I go for selling my bitcoins. In that situation, I try to sell my bitcoins only when I am getting at least 30-40% of the profit. Do not sell when the prices are falling down. Sell only when you are getting the desired amount of profit.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
October 21, 2017, 08:03:50 AM
Activity: 882
October 21, 2017, 07:59:02 AM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
In actual practice it depends upon the coin in which we want invest , Because with the coin technology and history analysis we can make estimate that how much the price of the coin may achieve and how much the coin can get success in the future if anything new thing will introduce .
So here we can say that all is the analysis and history factor .
But in these days we can see in the pumping group of signals where the price of the coin and how much the range of the increment will happen .And about the same things happen ( mostly from paid signals ) .
Here is can give the example of the Digibyte coin whose price when jumped to the 2700 Satoshi then at that time before the increment the prediction was of about 2000 Satoshi , so we can estimate that average will work from the analysis estimation.
Activity: 641
Merit: 505
October 21, 2017, 07:44:12 AM
I will sell when I get a profit, I never set how much profit I should get because it all depends on the price and market conditions at that time, if the price starts to fall I will sell it even if I get a little profit than i have to hold my bitcoin again, or if the price is still rising then I will hold my coins while watching the market movement
May be your opinion is true, it is time to sell our bitcoin  when we are get a profit from it. And also we are sell our bitcoin if we need money, and before we selling it is important to know the price and all happen in market, if the bitcoin is too high or low it price. In addition, i sell my bitcoin when the price is high, so I'm sure that i will get a some profit from it and if the price was still rising up don't let pass the opportunities, so sell and sell when the price is higher to earned some money.
Activity: 423
October 21, 2017, 05:55:01 AM
well, when i have benefited from the coins i have, i will sell them. and of course when the price has exceeded 30%, I will sell it. well, so much risk we have when we hold the coins for so long.

It's a good time to sell it at a high price at 30% even though we've felt the loss of time to sell it.
It's time to have a coin selling strategy Smiley
Obviously this is the right time to enjoy your profit if you had been patient with bitcoin and stick to it through thick and thin. Bitcoin is at present at a price which is more than our expectations. All those who are having financial problems at present and holding bitcoin in the wallet too are able to resolve them the moment they want by enjoying the profit bitcoin is offering them.
Activity: 420
October 19, 2017, 11:23:44 PM
well, when i have benefited from the coins i have, i will sell them. and of course when the price has exceeded 30%, I will sell it. well, so much risk we have when we hold the coins for so long.

Holding altcoins longer is very risky as price can crash at any point of time so when you are in good position of making profits you should sell your coins without waiting longer as if you don't sell it at a right time then you are missing an opportunity of making profits and may be you will never see that price again or you need to hold your coins longer till it exceeds your entry price and that can be really time consuming.
Activity: 1204
October 19, 2017, 11:08:15 PM
Activity: 518
Merit: 251
October 19, 2017, 10:41:46 PM
I will sell when I get a profit, I never set how much profit I should get because it all depends on the price and market conditions at that time, if the price starts to fall I will sell it even if I get a little profit than i have to hold my bitcoin again, or if the price is still rising then I will hold my coins while watching the market movement
I also sell as soon as profit because the market can fall down very quickly if we do not sell at that time and this always happens to people. I think if we do not greed we will definitely have a stable profit
Personally , I think it is better to not sell out bitcoin as far as there is no such need of money because high value are being predicted by the digital market experts for next few years so it would be beneficial to not tempted by present advantage. For traders, it is best to sell out the coin when the price is really high or the peak of any pump phase but I suggest keep at least 25% to 30% of it.

Its never smart to sell them all at once even if the price is higher as you never know how higher it can go in future so its better to sell them in small parts and keep rest for the future as if you sell all bitcoins at once then you will be disappointed when you will see higher price in future and I sell my coins only if I am in need of money or else I prefer to hold it longer.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
October 19, 2017, 05:50:59 PM
I also sell as soon as profit because the market can fall down very quickly if we do not sell at that time and this always happens to people. I think if we do not greed we will definitely have a stable profit
Personally , I think it is better to not sell out bitcoin as far as there is no such need of money because high value are being predicted by the digital market experts for next few years so it would be beneficial to not tempted by present advantage. For traders, it is best to sell out the coin when the price is really high or the peak of any pump phase but I suggest keep at least 25% to 30% of it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
October 18, 2017, 01:53:20 PM
Depends on how and why I bought.  There have been coins that we have either mined for "free" because they were so easy or bought at something like 1 Sat that have been sold by us at 1000 Sat or more.  If we see a dropping price, say 1200 and dropping, and we bought at zero or 1 Sat, or something low like that, then we are more than pleased to bail at 1000 Sat or 800 and never look back.
If the price is 3000 the next day, that's fine, we made a good bit of money.  If we just bought in at only a little over the current dropping price, then we sell quick, but not too quick.  A dropping price that is below our buy in price, that is a quick sale usually, unless the price is one that has come up and down, then we stagger sell.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
October 18, 2017, 09:40:54 AM
At the beginning I was doing day trading (short trade) using 4h/1h/15’ charting. But the volatility of crypto is very high, so it was difficult to make some profits because sometimes it works, sometimes no, so, in the balance + or - it makes an = at the end ... and for the nerves it’s not so easy.
Now , what i am doing is invest in different cryptos and when of my crypto makes a big pump I sell 40% knowing that it’s gonna back some days after and I buy more tokens. The profits are not’very big but I make confiance and the hold too knowing that the good cryptos are going to increase with months and years

Activity: 224
October 18, 2017, 09:31:41 AM
Activity: 434
October 18, 2017, 09:23:17 AM
Activity: 216
Merit: 105
October 17, 2017, 09:18:36 PM
Fundamental analysis means most for any crypto. I usually read articles from coindesk or cointelegraph do decide wether to buy or sell
Pages:
Jump to: