Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 6. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 262
March 27, 2018, 07:33:34 AM
I set a number in my head before I invest, Let's say 20% profit or 10% loss. If I invested 1000$ on a particular day and I see my investment going down to 900%, I sell it, on the other hand, if I see my investment rising to 1200$, I again sell it. Making 20% profit and sustaining 10% loss averages out the profit/loss for me. But, this comes with a lot of practice. At times it becomes hard to accept losses and you lose motivation.
But, since the market is extremely volatile, one day or the other you end up making such a huge profit that it covers up for all the losses you have made and hence averages out everything. So, trading is exciting and definitely helps you grow as a person by making you more patient.
Activity: 154
Merit: 20
March 27, 2018, 07:05:16 AM
I understand that some investors here has a specific target percentage prior to selling their crypto possession.  But in my case, I do not sell my cryptos because of a specific percentage or when its value depreciated.  I only sell my crypto possession when needed arise but as long as I can hold my crypto, I keep it.  This is because I believe that crypto specifically bitcoin has a great potential in the future.  I also believe that this is the currency of future so, the more crypto I possess, the more brighter the future awaits for me and my love ones.  It is just a matter of faith on what you believe in. 
I think there is no specific time or period as a investor you must keep your eyes and ears open. Because the variation of exchange rate/value of the Bitcoin is the most important part foe an investor. Whenever the value of Bitcoin reaches your target value or a handsome rate, the smart investor will sell his Bitcoin in order to gain the profit.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
March 27, 2018, 06:46:12 AM
No one knows for sure about increase or decrease in bitcoin prices. And now bitcoin price has decreased when compared to current price bitcoin price yesterday about $ 8500 .maybe time to buy bitcoin.
Activity: 116
Merit: 24
March 27, 2018, 06:12:27 AM
I bought coins at $13000 so I will not sell them unless and until btc rate will not reach $20000 at least. Set myself up for longterm investment
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 27, 2018, 05:45:57 AM
it is not good time to sell coins, hodl and present market condition will change, my investment is longterm I will sell my coins in 2020. now maximum buying, buy now and hodl .
Activity: 252
March 27, 2018, 03:19:43 AM
Of course I sell my coins when it reaches my satisfied value, there are many specific value that the other traders want but when their coins cant reach it quickly they often trade their coins into another coins that they think have potentials
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
March 27, 2018, 03:08:02 AM
I understand that some investors here has a specific target percentage prior to selling their crypto possession.  But in my case, I do not sell my cryptos because of a specific percentage or when its value depreciated.  I only sell my crypto possession when needed arise but as long as I can hold my crypto, I keep it.  This is because I believe that crypto specifically bitcoin has a great potential in the future.  I also believe that this is the currency of future so, the more crypto I possess, the more brighter the future awaits for me and my love ones.  It is just a matter of faith on what you believe in. 
Activity: 95
Merit: 0
March 27, 2018, 02:55:55 AM
I only sell in 3 situations:
1. I feel that's enough profits for me and don't want to hold that coins any more.
2. I need money for buying something for paying for some needs , i will sell my coins .
3. Try to cut the loss because my holding coin is dropped too much.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
March 27, 2018, 02:19:55 AM
I sell when price has hit higher resistance level and I buy back in lower support level. It is that simple. OR different case when I really need fresh cash for urgent thing so I sell  Grin

Always remember this golden rule: Buy Low Sell High

I usually don't set target price like 5% whatsover because I confidently believe in my technical analysis.

Activity: 60
March 26, 2018, 11:42:01 PM
I sell my altcoins when it reached my target price around 5% profit. But sometimes I hold altcoins that has potential in the future.
Activity: 462
Merit: 112
March 26, 2018, 01:03:35 PM
I usually sell my bitcoins at the end of year because of the Christmas season and the market value of bitcoin is so high with this period. Through that I can accumulated a huge amount of income.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
March 25, 2018, 09:37:58 AM
I sell my Bitcoin when its price is down and when I am in dire need of money for my schooling. In this case I did not regret selling my Bitcoin knowing this benefits me most. That's how useful Bitcoin is.
Activity: 378
March 18, 2018, 09:57:53 AM
If I have invested money in altcoins then I never hold them too long and sell whenever its giving me at least some profits as it can be bought again when price dumps and bitcoin is an long term investment for me so I will not sell till it achieves my desired price and till that time I will keep them safe in my wallet.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
March 06, 2018, 05:08:30 AM
I usually sell when i reach my TP price or when i feel or someone or i TA it that will go down so that's where i sell because you really need to trust on your TA to be successful in trading.
Activity: 60
March 06, 2018, 05:05:50 AM
As we do trade of a particular coin we should mention our stop limit and on the upper side we must keep our target. so downward we sell on our stop limit and upward we sell on our target price.
Activity: 294
Merit: 36
March 06, 2018, 04:40:08 AM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

First off, don't do the "wing it" or random kind of move because, most often than not, that would result to a loss because those moves are basically not based on any intellectual thought or at least strategy. I think the better consideration is the percentage of profit, if you have a profit in mind, then stick to it because that would be your guiding principle in doing business. The thing about this market is that assets may go up or down in extremes, but the difficult part is to chance upon those times when it's at its lowest, which is the best time to buy, and when it's at its highest when it's the best time to sell. Therefore, by setting a profit goal, you can be able to still gain while following a strategy, instead of just being random with your business moves.
Activity: 14
March 06, 2018, 04:32:17 AM
As far as I'm concern, I would rather sell my bitcoin in such extreme cases. One that I can think of is that when there is a emergency situation on my end and I need fresh cash. I wouldn't think twice to sell it even if the price is low as long as I have made some profits. But other than that, bitcoin is for the long haul.
Activity: 196
March 06, 2018, 04:24:13 AM
It would depend in the event that you are holding for long position or either on shorts. We should offer on those cost when we do see that we do win benefits and never at any point offer on lose on the grounds that cost will in the end ascend again without a doubt. That is additionally great job to offer their bitcoin is presently on the grounds that you are at this moment the bitcoin cost is high and those individuals offer it in this time they can not misfortune their cash
Activity: 413
March 06, 2018, 03:38:54 AM
I offer it in the event that I require it, on the grounds that my objective is in bitcoin to help my economy and my day by day costs. so I will offer it when I require it and just somewhat sold and the rest I hold. I see that bitcoin cost improvements when I'm at the highest point of the cost I'll offer them and whatever is left of my cash is tube, I gather the bitcoin from the outcomes following the mark battle and I gather until the point that the cost expands then I offer and just a couple of I offer if important.
Activity: 378
February 15, 2018, 11:48:24 AM
I will sell bitcoin if i will have a profit of 50-60%. But i wont sell everything, i will only sell some of it when im in need of money.  I will still save some for future use, besides bitcoin's value continues to rise. I will regret if i sell my bitcoints too early without thinking how much profit will i get from it.
Pages:
Jump to: