Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 8. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
February 06, 2018, 10:58:47 AM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
I always have target price for me to know when is the right time to sell coins. I am doing day trading and for me it is enough to earn 5%-10% daily. You should have also target price for you to know the right time to sell your coins.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
February 06, 2018, 10:48:19 AM
Bitcoin will sell in the market when bitcoin is high, because at this time, selling bitcoin will get more profit. And if the market is low, I will stop selling. Because if I sell this time I will be damaged.So, when I sell Bitcoin I will be able to sell it.
Activity: 238
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
February 05, 2018, 10:41:44 PM
I sell at regular intervals whenever I get btc and keep in mind x% of profit. Whenever it reaches that I sell of majority of it and keep small as a future investment. Rest all are sold immediately considering the btc price volatility and its future in respective country.

im going to sell when i needed money the most thats when im going sell my bitcoin but as far as im concern this is the best time for us to hold our bitcoin and keep it until bitcoi price goes up.  Looking forward for the increasing of the price.
Activity: 202
Merit: 10
February 04, 2018, 05:31:26 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

For me, I always set a specific plan when investing in any penny, such as the time of purchase, the time of sale, and a specific stop loss. That is important, in order to have such a thing I have to analyze the graph and find out the market very carefully from which to summarize and make specific plans. That will help me minimize the risk and make a profit safely.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 500
In CryptoEnergy we trust
January 31, 2018, 06:02:20 AM
At sale everyone has certain tasks. Someone doesnt have enough money and he вынкждeн to sell. From the point of view of profit on a coin I think better to sell on a trend when the coin grows by 100%, and to leave the rest on long investments
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
January 24, 2018, 07:23:02 AM
i go with a % also.

but it is all in the speculation! you do some analysis, for example it can be TA and also combined with the news you get from here and there and then see how much rising potential the thing you've invested in has.

for example when you invest in an altcoin that has been at a fixed price for some time with a decent high volume (indicating accumulation) and you find a news that can cause a rise, you can easily aim for a 100% profit in a couple of days and sell there.

another example is when you find an altcoin that is randomly getting pumped. or an altcoin that is big, like the top 10 coins, and see them rising, it is best to aim for a smaller % and dump there. for example it can be 5% to 15%

it is also based on your strategy. some people prefer a much longer investment so they aim for bigger % and some do more of a short term, day trading kind of thing and they aim for a smaller %.

**** and for bitcoin: i only buy and HODL Grin

I usually go with a 15-30% on stocks but when it comes to Crypto, I have started watching gains over the past 3 days and all of them are currently sitting at 20%+ and another almost 100% in three days. Much more volatile, but now I'm stuck with the decision as all decisions to sit and wait or sell.

I guess my hardest struggle is finding those coins that provide legitimate and easy to find news. I research everything before going into it, but there isn't an abundance unless you are in BTC, ETC, or XRP.

I need more BTC to HOLD as you state. Lol.
but thats the best thing to do,have many btc as you can for more chance of profiteering,as what you stated only bitcoin,ethereum and ripple are the abundant so far so why gamble to any other coin when you can get earning on those three,for me i would rather get small profit that surely than aiming for higher that no assurance.
Activity: 154
January 24, 2018, 07:04:25 AM
Previously I set mine targets of 20-25% and missed a few peaks that way.
I changed mine's target by 10%. Start winning
Activity: 246
Merit: 2
January 24, 2018, 06:21:03 AM

I dont know about trading but, when the price is pump to the fullest, selling/ trade my altcoins then buy bitcoins and hodl it. More on bitcoin i like to invest other than altcoins. Probably I want to understand/ study about crypto trading and i think this trading will more profitable other than campaign? Or investing?
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
January 23, 2018, 09:44:17 PM

1. DIVERSIFY!

Diversity is the name of the game when trading to minimize losses and maximize wins. This is a starting point on how you should be trading.

High Risk trades: 1-3%
Medium risk trades: 3-5%
Low risk trades: 5-10%

That’s how much of your portfolio you should be investing into each trade. If you go over those numbers you are putting your portfolio at risk if one of your coins with the majority of your portfolio goes down. Slow and steady wins the race guys! It’s nice to hit HOME RUNS like Babe Ruth but remember that Babe Ruth was also a league leader in STRIKE OUTS
Activity: 196
January 23, 2018, 07:58:22 PM
For bitcoin I'm going to hold it for a longer time, I have focus in bitcoin holding and when it comes to altcoins I'm going with % before selling it. When I bought at dip and I'll sell when the price of it starts to increase and I have 10%+ gain on that specific coin. And when I have no choice to sell my bitcoin when there are existing problems in real life and that's the only solution, then that also depends on situation.
Activity: 418
January 23, 2018, 06:34:21 PM
I usually sell my bitcoin and altcoin when I already get a profit, currently I suffered a lot of losses, because the price of all coin is down, some of my cut loss as well as I hold and sell it if the price is back improved
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
January 23, 2018, 05:57:39 PM
When i always trading i make sure that i will earn a 10-20% from one coin. That's the time i'm going to sell all my coins then after doing that i will just wait for the price to go deep again. It's a trading routine for me everyday and as much as possible i gain even if it's a little.
Activity: 448
January 23, 2018, 02:56:53 PM
I sell at regular intervals whenever I get btc and keep in mind x% of profit. Whenever it reaches that I sell of majority of it and keep small as a future investment. Rest all are sold immediately considering the btc price volatility and its future in respective country.

Yep,I am same to you.When i think and see some x% profits then i sell.And I always keep some for my future.because I hear hold is gold.So I keep some.I used to pay my money in two parts.half of daily trade and half full hold.
Activity: 210
January 23, 2018, 12:52:44 PM
I will sell when I get a profit, I never set how much profit I should get because it all depends on the price and market conditions at that time, if the price starts to fall I will sell it even if I get a little profit than i have to hold my bitcoin again, or if the price is still rising then I will hold my coins while watching the market movement.
Activity: 210
January 23, 2018, 12:43:15 PM
I selling my coins if the price of its becomes high. I always holding my coins and waiting the right time to sell it. I can say that we all need to do to earn big amount of money is to have a lot of patience.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
January 23, 2018, 12:14:21 PM

if you asking day trading how much percentage sell your coin i think set an amount percent is enoungh earning profits  for the day trader or its depends on your strategy how much percentage sell your coins, if you want to sell your coin upto high percent or up you need to monitor every now and then to get your target price but remember on that high percentage earnig are very complicated because you're in risk if the price fast full dump the movement of the price into the coinmarketcap are nobody can exactly predict when goes dump seconds or a minute straight fall dip the price.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
January 23, 2018, 11:51:07 AM
it depends,just like me every time i got short with my budget i sell my bitcoin or maybe I'm just being so confident before that i still have something to get and with out so proper knowledge that is why i did not manage well my money. my cousins and friends give me an advice that i should hold my bitcoin it's because it will give me a good profit sooner that is why now that I'm starting to earn again i want it to hold and save it for my future.
Activity: 294
January 23, 2018, 10:46:36 AM
Yes, It really depends on the trader if he will sell it for short term or if he will sell it for long term. There is a lot of kind of traders so it is not always short term and there are still traders that prefer long term trading so they can earn more money so they cannot miss the opportunity to sell at the moon and not on a launching of the rocket. The selection of time for selling off coins is totally dependent on trader
Activity: 140
January 23, 2018, 10:46:16 AM
Everything about that has been settled now people can totally rest assured that their bitcoins will remain "bitcoins" and not fork to different kinds of altcoins. I am really hoping that mcafees prediction will come through though. $500,000 is the time I will sell. Its good tot hear that many of the member in this forum are learning and having a proper knowledge about in everything whether is about in  trading
Activity: 294
January 23, 2018, 10:45:43 AM
Yeah! Holding onto bitcoins will never let you regret. They have a massive support and brilliant future. We should grab as many bitcoins as we can to have a bright future. Yeah and right now the prices will increase due to the end of all the controversies about bitcoin's possible forks
Pages:
Jump to: