Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 9. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 105
January 23, 2018, 10:44:48 AM
For me, I hold for a long time that's my planned. But it depends on situation if I need money I will sell them all. My strategy on trading I set my goal and if the price will reach then sell it.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
January 23, 2018, 10:38:51 AM
there is no secret formula, set targets. and always use % because other measures are not reliable.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
January 23, 2018, 10:35:07 AM
I have developed my own tactics. I know in advance what price to buy, and when to sell. I think every trader has his own tactics. And I advise you to develop your own.
Activity: 560
Merit: 502
January 23, 2018, 10:25:52 AM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
I prefer long-term investments for not to be constantly stressed out because of your investments. Investe and just hodl. In general the beginning of the year is not the best time for sales and purchases of coins but this is the best time for investments.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
January 23, 2018, 09:20:47 AM
I'm pretty new at trading, but I do follow some sharks who share their graphs and analysis and normally set targets, I would sell within these targets unless some very specific signals appear, such as big drops or pumps.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
January 23, 2018, 09:18:53 AM
I do the analysis and I look when the coin is at its peak before the fall, I'm selling
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
January 23, 2018, 07:13:05 AM
At first i bay good coin wich good capitalization. Then when the coin grows by 7-10 percent I sell it.Do not wait x10 so you'll lose everything.
Activity: 434
January 23, 2018, 04:41:35 AM
I will sell when I get a profit, I never set how much profit I should get because it all depends on the price and market conditions at that time, if the price starts to fall I will sell it even if I get a little profit than i have to hold my bitcoin again, or if the price is still rising then I will hold my coins while watching the market movement.

I managed to sell many alts and BTC before the fall of the crypto market. Then I bought altcoins and BTC for less. This strategy works: sell when the price is high (suppose all know it!)
Activity: 392
Merit: 24
January 22, 2018, 02:14:11 AM
Most of the time my target is 10% for a week and 3,5 % for a day. Another important thing actually most important one for me is to know when you buy..
Activity: 120
Merit: 14
January 22, 2018, 01:44:37 AM
When you're sastified with the price it hits , like there are TONS of people said :" I will sell if it hits 15k$ bla bla bla ,.." But till it hits 19k they still didn't sell it. And BOOM What happen now ? It's 11k$ left haha. What a bunch of greedy bitches!
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
January 21, 2018, 03:48:59 AM
I sell when there is pump or any rumour that is positive about my holding.  Positive and negative sentiment do affect the price if cryptocurrency s lot and been able to play those market situations is critical to your profit.

It needs a lot of patience to do it - you must wait and hold no matter what and sell when the price spike higher to your target price to sell and buy when the price reaches your target price to buy. This is what really happens in trading cryptocurrencies and mind you, it is very wild out there you should have stability under pressure.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
January 20, 2018, 02:53:52 AM
I sell when there is pump or any rumour that is positive about my holding.  Positive and negative sentiment do affect the price if cryptocurrency s lot and been able to play those market situations is critical to your profit.
Activity: 1140
Merit: 103
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
January 20, 2018, 02:37:53 AM
I think I could sell it soon because the bitcoin now is still risky every projects that I have are now holdings. I will soon if I get satisfied with the price. No one had to lose in the beginning because everyone has to feel safe in their coins. I will sell if I got my own desire of price because I had a plan in the near future.
Activity: 35
January 20, 2018, 12:46:10 AM
as a student i think i would sell my bitcoins when i needed money no matter what the value is when the struggle or sudden event happens thats the right time for me to sell bitcoins. for me bitcoin is my extra income.
Activity: 392
January 19, 2018, 10:55:04 PM
I just sell it immediately I never trusts the price of bitcoin. For example:  I get the payment of 100$ and received exactly 100$ in bitcoin I will sell it immediately never waits for the price to raise that is my rule because if you are getting paid in bitcoin you don't need to wait and hold your bitcoins because you already got what you have done but sometimes I receives a payment but I am out of town and when I come back I see some up in price it gives me profit lol otherwise I don't hold.
yea me too i think i will sell immediately my bitcoin because there is a possibility to get lower the value of a bitcoin and maybe a sudden struggle might come.
Activity: 93
January 19, 2018, 07:59:14 PM
Sell when you that you already earn profit more than 5 times, do sell. Sell when you already know that you will become satisfied with the price.
Activity: 77
January 19, 2018, 07:52:20 PM
I only sell when I don't lose money - this is my only rule. If I have to wait years for a price to recover, I wait.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
January 19, 2018, 07:50:10 PM
I will sell when I get a profit, I never set how much profit I should get because it all depends on the price and market conditions at that time, if the price starts to fall I will sell it even if I get a little profit than i have to hold my bitcoin again, or if the price is still rising then I will hold my coins while watching the market movement.
Yeah, I'll be selling when the price pumps up to its peak value and where I'll be getting the desired amount of profit. All this requires a constant analysis of the market and the proper timing when the coin is attaining the maximum value. And if some decline is observed in the value, sell it then to gather your profit. But if the price is quite low try to hold it long until the price pumps up...

Unless really needed to be sold because of financial need, I will only sell when value rise up to my desired or expected amount. I agree what you have suggested that when the values declines, a sort of panic selling should be done and when price is quite low, do not worry too much.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
January 19, 2018, 05:50:43 AM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

Time to time the market values of coins do change. You need to be attentive to the price hike. When you attain more that 50% of profit don't panic on selling it wait until it reaches its peak then analyze if its still going to go up or go down.  If you fell it will fall down go grab it. Selling it would be the best opportunity.
Activity: 112
January 18, 2018, 04:20:30 AM
Usually I try to sell just before likely correction
Pages:
Jump to: