Pages:
Author

Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin - page 30. (Read 17193 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
September 04, 2017, 04:03:44 PM
it may take time to socialize bitcoin to everyone so they know bitcoin and get involved in it, if this is the case, bitcoin development will continue to increase and possibly many stores or other means that provide transaction services with bitcoin.
Yeah, there is lack of awareness about bitcoins now a day and people are somehow reluctant to invest into bitcoins because of their digital nature. People think they are scam and are something related to gambling. A thorough lecture on bitcoins given to them along with examples is going to attract them badly towards bitcoins.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
September 04, 2017, 11:45:00 AM
I believe the mainstream will start at Japan, i dont know how many merchants are already accepting bitcoin, but i do believe over the next year we will be able to import paying with bitcoins without any issue. For japanese people for sure it would be an extra way to spend their coins, i dreaming with the day i can use it as well, but Europe is trying to resist to bitcoin. My prediction is after 2020 we will see retailers starting to work with bitcoin and altcoins.
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
September 04, 2017, 01:13:09 AM
It is already been accepted in many places around the world but for it to be accepted every single place won't happen the reason would be it's supply there are very less people in the world who own bitcoin and in those also there will be people who don't wanna spend their bitcoin so simply implementing it won't help anyone
Here in my country bitcoin is not yet fully accepted and no retailers accepting bitcoin yet, and i think it takes more time to be accepted but i know that i would happen in the future since the bitcoin is on progress of being best currency that can helps more people to have another source of income,.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
September 04, 2017, 01:00:54 AM
it may take time to socialize bitcoin to everyone so they know bitcoin and get involved in it, if this is the case, bitcoin development will continue to increase and possibly many stores or other means that provide transaction services with bitcoin.

It maybe sooner than we expect though. But of course, it would all be online. Personally i'm seeing more and more buying and selling using btc. I myself am buying from an online retailer with btc. We're not exactly there yet when most retailers accept btc but we're well on our way
what I'm worried about right now is not "why are still little retailers that accept payment with bitcoins?" because it will be overcome with more and more users coming in, it's just a matter of time for many stores to start adopting the system from bitcoin. what I'm worried about is that, when many retailers are accept payment with bitcoin, it's a user willing to spend their bitcoin in every day while transaction fee is very expensive?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
September 02, 2017, 07:39:26 PM
I think that in poor countries and in villages, bitcoin may not be accepted at all as a payment, as there is likely no one heard or used about it there. Even in developed countries, not everyone now agrees to use it.
Yes it is very difficult to be accepted bitcoin in villages and small towns but I think soon it would be accepted in mega stores in big cities of many countries because is going very fast for recognition conventionally. I think at the end of 2018 it would be acceptable in all mega stores of cities and people will enjoy shopping with payment of bitcoin
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
September 02, 2017, 12:20:44 PM
It is already been accepted in many places around the world but for it to be accepted every single place won't happen the reason would be it's supply there are very less people in the world who own bitcoin and in those also there will be people who don't wanna spend their bitcoin so simply implementing it won't help anyone
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 02, 2017, 10:55:03 AM

It maybe sooner than we expect though. But of course, it would all be online. Personally i'm seeing more and more buying and selling using btc. I myself am buying from an online retailer with btc. We're not exactly there yet when most retailers accept btc but we're well on our way
Activity: 434
September 02, 2017, 05:58:30 AM
Activity: 336
Play2Live presale starts on 25th January
September 02, 2017, 04:22:32 AM
I think that sellers are not in a hurry to take bitcoin because they just have not heard about it yet and do not know how to use it. If more buyers ask about the possibility of paying bitcoins, then more sellers will start accepting it.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 02, 2017, 03:33:14 AM
They absolutely accept Bitcoin in payment cause if they don't they will lose many customer using Bitcoin usually!
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
September 02, 2017, 03:12:05 AM
We are not able to spend our Bitcoins in offline markets as of now because of lack of the awareness among the merchants but I think the situation is slowly changing and we are getting more and more Bitcoin hotspots for offline transactions.

* Indian Bitcoin Hotspot Bangalore Sees 50+ Merchants Added This Month.

Exchanges are working in that direction to build such awareness to improve market utilization of Bitcoin and I see an optimistic picture in next 5 to 10 years.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
September 02, 2017, 01:13:40 AM
Well, we know that JAPAN is currently accepting or adopting bitcoin inside their industry or marketing. Many retailers used bitcoin on their transactions on their clients. Making it's a fast transaction and trusted. Japan will be the way to accept bitcoin in the world's industry making it LEGAL and more retailers will used it as a part of their transaction over their clients.
I have heard that currently, Australia accepts people to use bitcoin to pay tax. I do not know whether I am wrong or not. But if it is true, it is a good news for bitcoiners and people who are interested in bitcoin. I believe that bitcoin can only grow in developed country and therefore, merchants can only work in these countries
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
September 01, 2017, 08:46:28 PM
The main problem of accepting Bitcoin as a payment is firstly governments should be given green signals to the retailers in order to accept bitcoins. There are some countries who have given permissions to retailers to accept Bitcoin as payments method.
It's not necessary for countries that does not have any legal issue about Bitcoin. The only thing that retailers will be facing is that they have to be honest when it comes to their Bitcoin earnings as they are aslo taxable in terms of income tax. Yes I know the payment you get is in Bitcoin but it is also counted as your income there is no escape in that, and if you ever tried to evade it is only a matter of time before you get caught and face legal charges.
I think without any legalization even if the store could accept payment with bitcoin, I think the problem is not on legalization but on the popularity of bitcoin. there are still very few people who know about bitcoin, so there are still few stores that support with bitcoin
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
September 01, 2017, 08:36:40 PM
Indeed, japan is pioneering the technology of digital currency in this case bitcoin so far their government is correlative in accepting innovations that have a goal to build progress. Even with bitcoin they first became a pioneer country in Asia that states the legality of bitcoin.
They done a very good job in making bitcoin as a full legal currency in their country because it is now getting better and their country is only first that make it legal and they proved to the other countries who are doubting bitcoin that it is a good currency to accept and we can see that the other country like South Korea is already accepting bitcoin as a payment that licensed by their government.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
September 01, 2017, 08:15:11 PM
in my opinion there are a couple of things that are preventing retailers from accepting bitcoin:
1. people who own bitcoin are a lot but people who are willing to spend bitcoin are very little. this means the possibility of little to no customers.
2. price is volatile still. it has been becoming less volatile but we can see drama like blocks and split can cause bigger volatility again!
3. fees. although they have come down ever since spam attack stopped but if they go up again and remain high people will be even less willing in spending their coins.
4. things such as chain split. which are scary and nobody wants a scary currency when there is fiat.

when these change, more retailers will accept bitcoin.

I am strongly agree with your ideas. There has plenty of reasons to preventing retailers from accepting bitcoin. I think as you said the main reason was number one and two. Because of people much like to hold bitcoin and exchange it when the price is high rather than spend it. And we know bitcoin price is still volatile and it is hard to predict when it will be reach in high and become low. 
Activity: 896
Merit: 253
September 01, 2017, 06:44:33 PM
Well, we know that JAPAN is currently accepting or adopting bitcoin inside their industry or marketing. Many retailers used bitcoin on their transactions on their clients. Making it's a fast transaction and trusted. Japan will be the way to accept bitcoin in the world's industry making it LEGAL and more retailers will used it as a part of their transaction over their clients.

Right, Japan has always been number when it comes to modern technology. They are always the first one to accept innovation and use it in their country. This country has always been updated and also one of the  major countries who invested in bitcoin. It is true that they are now accepting bitcoin for local transactions and I hope that this will serve as an example to other countries.
Yes it is a good example for other countries that didn't not already accepting bitcoin as a payment method because popularity become high that can cause the price become high also that's why Japan is one of the good example that lead us in accepting bitcoin and the country that have a good growth in modern technology.
Activity: 602
Merit: 254
September 01, 2017, 06:37:06 PM
Indeed, japan is pioneering the technology of digital currency in this case bitcoin so far their government is correlative in accepting innovations that have a goal to build progress. Even with bitcoin they first became a pioneer country in Asia that states the legality of bitcoin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond
September 01, 2017, 06:15:16 PM

Right, Japan has always been the first and the number one when it comes to modern technology. They are always the first one to accept innovation and use and apply it in their country as well. This country has always been updated and is also one of the  major countries who invested in bitcoin. If ever possible, this country would likely be the first one to legalize the use of bitcoin.It is true that they are now accepting bitcoin for local transactions and I hope that this will serve as an example to other countries.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
September 01, 2017, 04:15:47 PM
What I think and in my experience is that people will use Bitcoin when stability comes to the market.

What most people who is no-tech related, talking about Bitcoin is sooo overwhelming. Now imagine you tell them that the currency has variations every second and that in one month they can lose money, and in another month they can win up to 100% (like it happened two months ago)

When a small business can accept bitcoin, it has gained widespread popularity as a currency of the world. That is a prerequisite. Otherwise, that will not happen.
Not necessarily, the owner may be a crypto enthusiast and start accepting bitcoin on its own, this can be great for is business if he is able to find like minded individuals as his customers so I think it is better if the person doing this has a business on technology since that is where most of the current adopters of bitcoin are.
Activity: 207
Merit: 10
September 01, 2017, 06:43:10 AM
Pages:
Jump to: