Pages:
Author

Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin - page 28. (Read 17189 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 514
September 12, 2017, 02:18:29 AM
I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.

Since bitcoin is a currency which is increasing its value day by day and also becoming much valuer than the dollar so maybe in the next few years to come most of the retailers would start payment in bitcoins and also accepting in bitcoins
well popularity will force retailers to accept and use this system the more people to push this up the more popularity that bitcoin will gather and with this current situation regarding to its value things will change everything and maybe adoption will take place.
Correct, retailers may choose to adopt bitcoin on their own, but since business owners only care about he profits and not about ideas then it is unlikely you are going to convince too many people stating the great characteristics of bitcoin, but if they see a lot of clients asking to buy things with their bitcoin then they are going to begin to accept bitcoin immediately.
We just need to increase the users of bitcoins. The more users can easily put pressure on retailers to accept payments in bitcoins. But for all this to happen in reality, we need to wait for few years, at least five more years to go for the common sue of bitcoins. Only few international sites and businesses accept bitcoins at present.
Activity: 532
Merit: 284
September 09, 2017, 10:59:25 AM
it take time.. when enough people will have adopted bitcoin, then it will make more sense to retailers to offer it as an payment method/option

that of course needs time, but hey.. time is all we have
Well basically we needed to have it legalized in many countries as possible to have this sort of thing that more retailers will just go accept Bitcoin as means of payment and more stuffs like that. Also what we also need is to have Bitcoin have its own value, I mean we still need fiat (dollar) to determine its price. We needed that, because if you look at it they're not coexisting at all, Bitcoin is dependent on the fiats as I've said it will determine its value and all but vice versa? Not so much or none at all.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
September 09, 2017, 05:23:24 AM
it take time.. when enough people will have adopted bitcoin, then it will make more sense to retailers to offer it as an payment method/option

I think we're actually well into this time already. Many retailers are already using btc or eth in their transactions and for sure, when other companies or retailers see the benefits of using crypto, they'll follow suit
So i think there is no doubt in this fact that many international companies are accepting bitcoin especially as a mode of payments. Japanese airline has recently announced to accept bitcoin for payments; restaurants are also looking forward for getting paid in bitcoins. Indeed with little more awareness about cryptos will increase their common use.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
September 08, 2017, 02:07:24 PM
It has been accepted by retailers yes, but could be accepted by a lot more retailers.
This has actually been the first year that btc adoption among retailers has shown a decline
Really? Do you have some stats to back that info? Because Japan legalized bitcoin in this year and for what I have read, many retailers were now accepting bitcoin and in my opinion that should have been enough to push the number of retailers accepting bitcoin way up.

BItcoin ABC Lead Dev: 2017 Is the First Year with Negative Bitcoin Merchant Adoption

Google it for articles.
Thanks for the info, I Google it and found the article, it is a bit surprising but at the same time I think it it not, the fees have become a very big problem so much that we have threads in the forum almost everyday, it seems we are going to need the lightning network to be activated as soon as possible or we may keep seeing this trend in the next year.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 08, 2017, 08:09:06 AM

I think we're actually well into this time already. Many retailers are already using btc or eth in their transactions and for sure, when other companies or retailers see the benefits of using crypto, they'll follow suit
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
September 08, 2017, 06:18:10 AM

Activity: 626
Merit: 500
September 08, 2017, 05:37:12 AM
One problem that needs resolving.
How do we get them to see bitcoin as an inviting currency? How do we make it look that there is a lot of profit here than a regular merchant using the fiat system as a payment option?
It is the risk that they want to make it vanish. If they accept bitcoin as payment they are also on the brink of losing a lot of money. I say make them see how they could withdraw the funds and get a safety amount of money after a good start into using bitcoin as a means of payment.
Most of the merchants accept bitcoin through a gateway. The gateway pays them directly to their bank the next day in fiat. The price of bitcoin is determined and fixed the moment they receive the coin. So the owners won't be suffering any kind of loss and should not be afraid to accept bitcoin.

This is the thing I don't like.
Accepting payments through a gateway is imposing another 3rd party between the merchants and me the customer.
It's a service that is not needed and of course it comes a with a cost , like credit card payments.
And who do you think will pay this? Of course we in the final price of the goods we buy.

I hope there will be soon merchants who use pure bitcoin payments not this hybrid.
Then that won't be happening anytime soon. Look how volatile the price is. Their risk increases increased tenfold, thus putting  their business on a huge peril. Bitcoins will give them profit in the long run, but waiting is not an option for them. To have to pay bills and their employees.
That's make sense especially if the business is not familiar on btc. Some applications and businesses using their own alts since that alts have put a min amount it can be upon their ICO and it shows that mostly it will not affect much when the ats dumps, but in btc its a different story it's good for long tern and will be hard apply in actual,it will be much better if for saving onlyn
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 08, 2017, 04:54:34 AM
How do we get them to see bitcoin as an inviting currency? How do we make it look that there is a lot of profit here than a regular merchant using the fiat system as a payment option?
It is the risk that they want to make it vanish. If they accept bitcoin as payment they are also on the brink of losing a lot of money. I say make them see how they could withdraw the funds and get a safety amount of money after a good start into using bitcoin as a means of payment.
Most of the merchants accept bitcoin through a gateway. The gateway pays them directly to their bank the next day in fiat. The price of bitcoin is determined and fixed the moment they receive the coin. So the owners won't be suffering any kind of loss and should not be afraid to accept bitcoin.

Accepting payments through a gateway is imposing another 3rd party between the merchants and me the customer.
It's a service that is not needed and of course it comes a with a cost , like credit card payments.
And who do you think will pay this? Of course we in the final price of the goods we buy.

I hope there will be soon merchants who use pure bitcoin payments not this hybrid.
Then that won't be happening anytime soon. Look how volatile the price is. Their risk increases increased tenfold, thus putting  their business on a huge peril. Bitcoins will give them profit in the long run, but waiting is not an option for them. To have to pay bills and their employees.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
September 08, 2017, 03:54:35 AM
In my opinion, more will retailers will accept bitcoin if its price is stabilized or the rate of change in its price is not that high. Plus , if only blockchains can improved the time it will take to confirm a single transaction. Because for now, I see that blockchain technology is having a problem with this matter, it takes hours for them to confirm a single transaction when it is in the middle of their day-to-day operations.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 08, 2017, 03:21:37 AM
fast techo counties like china and japan really add more than can do with bitcoin so that we will find more people use it soon
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
September 08, 2017, 02:49:46 AM

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
September 08, 2017, 01:25:02 AM
I think that would depend on how many bitcoin user a country have. Here in my country, its not yet popular and many are still ignorant about bitcoin but i think when most people here use bitcoin, then stores would soon accept bitcoin as payment. It all depends on popularity Smiley

In the Uk more and more people use bitwage and get part of their salary in Bitcoin. London has a few BTC ATMs but here in the North it's still unheard of. Wish it would become more popular but that's why I think that now with the hype of BTC it's still in its infancy and the real success is about to come.
Activity: 735
Merit: 500
September 08, 2017, 01:12:20 AM
many retail stores and major companies accept bitcoin in japan because japan has leading the way with bitcoin as legal payment. even some public service could be paid using bitcoin. there will be many merchants who accept payments via bitcoin if it is legalized
Activity: 149
Merit: 2
September 08, 2017, 12:55:28 AM
I dream of one day when my employer 7-11 accepts Bitcoin, I want to see how many people in my neighborhood really knows about it.
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
for future
September 07, 2017, 11:07:55 PM
I think that would depend on how many bitcoin user a country have. Here in my country, its not yet popular and many are still ignorant about bitcoin but i think when most people here use bitcoin, then stores would soon accept bitcoin as payment. It all depends on popularity Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
September 07, 2017, 10:59:22 PM
yes I hope it also happens in other countries because it will facilitate the transaction process. Imagine if all countries have legalized payment using bitcoin there must be a big change. yes, of course, any change will definitely have a better or worse impact.
Electronic money is popular in japan. Bitcoin will easily  accept in country which has good thecnology. That japan companies use tablet based POS system to adopt bitcoin as payment system.  I tink bitcoin the number of bitcoin adoption will increase faster in japan,USA, Denmark and Dubai.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
September 07, 2017, 10:32:57 PM
"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
I think in the next 5 years, many businesses in our society will accept bitcoins as payments. Today only few stores and hotels that are accepting bitcoin as payment. I know bitcoin will become more popular than before.
copper member
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
BTRIC: Innovate. Institute. Labs.
September 07, 2017, 10:09:40 PM
I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.

Since bitcoin is a currency which is increasing its value day by day and also becoming much valuer than the dollar so maybe in the next few years to come most of the retailers would start payment in bitcoins and also accepting in bitcoins
well popularity will force retailers to accept and use this system the more people to push this up the more popularity that bitcoin will gather and with this current situation regarding to its value things will change everything and maybe adoption will take place.
Correct, retailers may choose to adopt bitcoin on their own, but since business owners only care about he profits and not about ideas then it is unlikely you are going to convince too many people stating the great characteristics of bitcoin, but if they see a lot of clients asking to buy things with their bitcoin then they are going to begin to accept bitcoin immediately.

Before talking about that, let's talk about the challenge that businesses have to accept if they want to use bitcoin as a payment method. This is a very difficult challenge that not all businesses can overcome.

It needs to be as easy as square was for people to turn their smartphones into credit card terminals.  That will be a big help to drive merchant adoption.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
September 07, 2017, 10:03:00 PM
It has been accepted by retailers yes, but could be accepted by a lot more retailers.
This has actually been the first year that btc adoption among retailers has shown a decline
Really? Do you have some stats to back that info? Because Japan legalized bitcoin in this year and for what I have read, many retailers were now accepting bitcoin and in my opinion that should have been enough to push the number of retailers accepting bitcoin way up.

BItcoin ABC Lead Dev: 2017 Is the First Year with Negative Bitcoin Merchant Adoption

Google it for articles.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
September 07, 2017, 09:55:06 PM
yes I hope it also happens in other countries because it will facilitate the transaction process. Imagine if all countries have legalized payment using bitcoin there must be a big change. yes, of course, any change will definitely have a better or worse impact.
Pages:
Jump to: