Pages:
Author

Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin - page 35. (Read 17193 times)

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
August 17, 2017, 10:55:46 PM
I   think bitcoin will become more acceptable if it is being publish by the trusted site and channel from the televesion and it is already known by everyone including the benefits and its advantages .i think this   time many people will use it and accept it in diff.kinds of payment.
yes i agree on that .maybe some retailers doesnt know  already about bitcoin and they dont hear the advantage of using it that is why they are not yet accepting bitcoin .so  i agree that if it is  being publish maybe that time manny retailers will accept it.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 300
August 17, 2017, 09:58:09 PM
I   think bitcoin will become more acceptable if it is being publish by the trusted site and channel from the televesion and it is already known by everyone including the benefits and its advantages .i think this   time many people will use it and accept it in diff.kinds of payment.
Activity: 951
Merit: 250
August 17, 2017, 05:31:48 PM
I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.

Since bitcoin is a currency which is increasing its value day by day and also becoming much valuer than the dollar so maybe in the next few years to come most of the retailers would start payment in bitcoins and also accepting in bitcoins
That is going to happen there is no doubt about that, but how long it is going to take, I think it is going to take a lot of time, at least 30 years that is why I see bitcoin as a way to save for my retirement rather than a get rich quick scheme, to me bitcoin is going to allow me to get a pleasant retirement.
yes i agree bitcoin can be accepted someday if  people arround know about it and its value.if it is going to be stablish and  everybody know about it that time maybe the retailers accept it as a payment.for now we have to convert it to our country money in order to use bitcoin.
Activity: 694
Merit: 108
santacoin.io
August 17, 2017, 05:27:13 PM
Well, it's a slow process gradually, gradually. As you may know, new technology take time before it gets adopted by the general population. Online business owners and companies are always on the side of avoiding talking risk more especially when it comes to accepting money and transactions online. So, gradually they may implement the bitcoin payment system but it may take time eventually until they fully understand the benefits. Cool
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
August 17, 2017, 05:10:44 PM
I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.

Since bitcoin is a currency which is increasing its value day by day and also becoming much valuer than the dollar so maybe in the next few years to come most of the retailers would start payment in bitcoins and also accepting in bitcoins
That is going to happen there is no doubt about that, but how long it is going to take, I think it is going to take a lot of time, at least 30 years that is why I see bitcoin as a way to save for my retirement rather than a get rich quick scheme, to me bitcoin is going to allow me to get a pleasant retirement.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
August 17, 2017, 02:48:57 PM
Retailors have some problems in accepting bitcoin as payment.
1.High transaction fee or else very slow confirmation due to low fees.But,thanks to segwit,it has almost been solved.
2.Bitcoin not legalized yet in many countries and so many retailers fear that bitcoin may get banned.
3.High volatile nature of bitcoin price.
   First issue has been solved.Second reason would get solved when bitcoin gets legalized.But third reason volatility could not be solved as it is the nature of decentralized currency bitcoin.But still,retailers are ready to accept bitcoin as payment if it is just legalized despite its volatile nature and we noticed it recently in japan.

They are business people they will not take much risk in their business. Because once it affects the business, they have a chance to lose their business. So they will not entertain this kind of currency. And 2nd confirmation fee and time this could be reduced now but still low fee will take a couple of hours to confirm. This type of complicated payment they won't entertain. I think when the Bitcoin price stable and confirm time will reduce that time they will show interest.
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
August 17, 2017, 11:12:13 AM
In fact, sellers are not really interested in selling goods for bitcoins because they are afraid of falling prices. It is difficult to count every hour the price of goods. On the other hand, users of bitcoin don't want to part with their coins, and so, too, prefer to buy goods for Fiat.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
August 17, 2017, 11:06:37 AM

well popularity will force retailers to accept and use this system the more people to push this up the more popularity that bitcoin will gather and with this current situation regarding to its value things will change everything and maybe adoption will take place.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
August 17, 2017, 10:52:19 AM
if the country or the world treated the bitcoin as money in decentralized currencies, obvously the all retailer or even the manufacturer are accepting bitcoin as money if the country where you reside treated the bitcoin as money and as i heard the australian government treated bitcoin as money so not impossible bitcoin accepting by retailer as payment i hpe someday the cryptocurrency world are treated as money of the nation.
It would really still depend on a particular country if they would do have the same views about bitcoin and we all know that not all countries do have the same views and perspective about bitcoin.Some may accept and for sure there are places which wont really accept it no matter what.Some may like on accepting bitcoin on their business since they know the possibility of earning more regards on their sales knowing prices is volatile in bitcoin but some will see this as an disadvatange.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
August 17, 2017, 10:48:04 AM
if the country or the world treated the bitcoin as money in decentralized currencies, obvously the all retailer or even the manufacturer are accepting bitcoin as money if the country where you reside treated the bitcoin as money and as i heard the australian government treated bitcoin as money so not impossible bitcoin accepting by retailer as payment i hpe someday the cryptocurrency world are treated as money of the nation.
Activity: 383
Merit: 100
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
August 17, 2017, 10:35:53 AM
"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
Bitcoin will be accepted by more retailers if it will be legal to a certain country and generally speaking, to most countries. Retailers on a certian country will ofcourse, allow people to use Bitcoin as a mode of payment if it is legal. And also, retailers may also acvept Bitcoin due to public demand. They'll follow what's being asked by the customers because they want to earn.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
August 17, 2017, 10:15:03 AM

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
August 17, 2017, 09:51:01 AM
Retailers will accept bitcoin if they will see more progress in bitcoin rather than now most of the retailers are basing on their environment and especially to the people around them and if they will recognize that the people around them are using more bitcoin then they will adjust and start accepting bitcoin also.
Activity: 791
Merit: 139
August 17, 2017, 01:11:17 AM
surely in near future will be more open bout bitcoin ...
bitcoin now has its own virtual card (coins.ph)
you can use it on paying bills.. grab uber and many more ...

that shows btc will be open to all SOON
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
August 16, 2017, 11:59:15 PM
from now many retailers are not accepting bitcoin for payment transaction but i believe if the bitcoin become accepted of all country as a legit currencies i think the retailers are accepting bitcion as a payment and wish for that because bitcoin is easy to use using online transaction no need to bring big cash to pay the bills.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
August 16, 2017, 11:49:59 PM
There will be more countries that will follow Japan in the near future. Seeing the role of cryptocurrencies in the economy now would make more investors and businessmen engage to something that will be mainstream. They cannot deny the fact that bitcoin or the cryptocurrency as a whole is slowly overtaking the big players before like paypal.
Well if it will have a positive effect on the businesses in Japan and Korea then most likely other retailers of countries will likely follow (countries in which Bitcoin is legal). The only thing that is stopping other countries to follow their lead is there even a consumer or a customer willing to pay in Bitcoin. Also the timing right now is bad for retailers to accept Bitcoin, because of the fact that Bitcoin prices are rising I highly doubt that customers will use their Bitcoin first as a mode of payment.
I agree here, if it will have positive effect. Specially it will attract more casual people who is not techy will be introduced to bitcoin which is a good thing to make bitcoin price higher, and I also agree that customer will use it as a bitcoin as a mode of payment, if it was introduced to japan, they should have make a way to attract people to use bitcoin as their mode of payment.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
August 16, 2017, 11:47:46 PM
"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
Retailers are the strategic individuals working into a certain establishments considering its consumers demands to come up with a plan or strategy to attract more consumers like doing an entrepreneurship. I think that matter of when does retailers will accept bitcoin is if the consumers have already used their demands on bitcoin usage. Consumer's demands will surely force and push the retailers to offer and operate bitcoin as a term of payment.

I don't think that this is a "strategic" thing to do, you use bitcoin because of it's security, then you will use for payment who can make a record that you paid for that certain amount with that address, i think this is risky though. I don't think time will come that some users of bitcoin will use it as a payment maybe they will use it but by the process of converting it to fiat then use it. Well, I mean you can really use it but for me, i will not use bitcoin as payment "Physically as me" with my address, i still want my identity and my address anonymous.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
August 16, 2017, 10:56:39 PM
There will be more countries that will follow Japan in the near future. Seeing the role of cryptocurrencies in the economy now would make more investors and businessmen engage to something that will be mainstream. They cannot deny the fact that bitcoin or the cryptocurrency as a whole is slowly overtaking the big players before like paypal.
Well if it will have a positive effect on the businesses in Japan and Korea then most likely other retailers of countries will likely follow (countries in which Bitcoin is legal). The only thing that is stopping other countries to follow their lead is there even a consumer or a customer willing to pay in Bitcoin. Also the timing right now is bad for retailers to accept Bitcoin, because of the fact that Bitcoin prices are rising I highly doubt that customers will use their Bitcoin first as a mode of payment.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 16, 2017, 10:51:37 PM
There are more cryptocurrency now popping up in the digital world, some already have reputation specially bitcoin. People who have knowledge about bitcoin is gradually increasing now and most of those poeple now trust it. Maybe after 5-10 years it will become acceptable in medium to large businesses.
Activity: 616
Merit: 262
August 16, 2017, 10:46:55 PM
Pages:
Jump to: