Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? - page 35. (Read 49643 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101
Don't use blockchain.info wallet IMO

Yesterday I found someone is in possession of my private key from my address that I have @ blockchain.info
And he is a blockchain.info wallet user too... as last transaction make by someone using my address were done by blockchain.info nod - rest of them from nod IP 0.0.0.0 ...

and blockchain.info write me back :
"I am sorry to hear of these transactions that you did not initiate. I would also highly advise against ever using this compromised wallet again, as someone else clearly has the private keys in it. Changing your password & adding 2FA won't matter if the user has control of the private keys for that address. You need to never use that address or other addresses in that wallet again, set up a new wallet with new passwords & addresses, and enable Google Authenticator with that."

So they do not feel the problem - just I need to never use my address again ... not nice and not good.
And how come it is even possible that someone have got my private keys?
Crazy.

And is funny - I had only one address @ blockchain.info

Another address with same private key that someone else have was added to my wallet without me. I didn't knew till yesterday that I have another address there and my android blockchain wallet was showing only ballance from 1 address. CRAZY
This is quite horrible tbh, and one of the reasons I don't use block chain.
Go MultiBTCit!
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I use MultiBTCit.
Activity: 7
Armory with paper back wallet. Have to admit that downloading the blockchain on Bitcoin-Qt was pretty long at first but using it seemed to me necessary.
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000
Armory for offline cold storage. yeah buddy
Activity: 412
Merit: 287
Electrum offline wallets for high amounts, Bitcoin-Qt because I develop against it a lot, multisig sometimes. I would also trust the android wallet with ~1 BTC
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!
All should try 0.9.0 qt.

Best client ever  (?) Smiley

What platform are you using? Did you upgrade from a prior version?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
All should try 0.9.0 qt.

Best client ever  (?) Smiley
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
It seems people are preferring blockchain.info over coinbase in terms of online wallet. Any specific reason ?
blockchain.info is not a bitcoin bank.

Where did I say blockchain.info is a bitcoin bank ? That is what CoinBase is and they are providing wallet service too. So is the comparison.
You didn't say that blockchain.info is a bank. You asked a question:
It seems people are preferring blockchain.info over coinbase in terms of online wallet. Any specific reason ?
and I answered:
Which is hopefully why people prefer it over coinbase.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital

Where did I say blockchain.info is a bitcoin bank ? That is what CoinBase is and they are providing wallet service too. So is the comparison.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

I am now overseas on a trip, and went to blockchain.info to check my wallet.  Looks like my BTC are still there.  Now if I can find some gold jewelry down here to buy with it...

A BTC expert told me that there is a very low, but non-zero probability, that a wallet at blockchain could be compromised.

I will also try my Multibit wallet on my laptop (on a home wifi system) later to see how that works.  Yes, I trust the wifi and it is secured with a password (and we are not talking that much money either).
Activity: 1
Hi,

I use blockchain  too.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I use Electrum because I can't be bothered downloading the entire blockchain onto my netbook over my slow wifi.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035
Bitcoin accepted here

It's not, but it looks very much like one. At Blockchain.info, you can keep your money and you can send and receive payments, just like a bank and fiat.
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Lead developer
Blockchain.info is more secure than Coinbase, because they don't know your private keys, they store them in encrypted form on their servers and you unlock it within your browser with your account's password. On the other hand Coinbase stores your private keys, you don't have access to them, and if they ever get hacked/lose data/dissapear, the coins are lost.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
I use blockchain.info because it's very good wallet

It is not Smiley it is online wallet. It is not very good in many cases.

But yes - it is good online wallet .

IMO
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
I use a lot of different programs.

On Android i use Mycelium
On my computer i use Electrum
And i also have a cold storage paper wallet generated with Bitaddress.org
And i have a blockchain.info wallet but i must admit i really dont use it much as its not as convenient.
Activity: 4
I use blockchain.info because it's very good wallet
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Multibit and KnC wallet on phone because of the free btc  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: