Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? - page 37. (Read 49643 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
BrainWallet is the best and the most secure.
Of course unless you use "correct horse battery staple" or "bitcoin is awesome" as passphrase Smiley

You can access it anytime and everywhere.

I heard BrainWallet transfers all your funds while you are making a Tx. True ?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!
Blockchain.info because its the most secure I guess plus for back up I use paper wallets.
donator
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
BrainWallet is the best and the most secure.
Of course unless you use "correct horse battery staple" or "bitcoin is awesome" as passphrase Smiley

You can access it anytime and everywhere.
legendary

For linux os I would just recommend official qt for linux.

I don't want to run a full node as like I said it will be a semi hot wallet meaning I may not turn it on for a few weeks and dont want to have to wait a couple of hours for it to sync before I could send a payment.

use blockchain.info wallet Smiley

+1
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
February 23, 2014, 08:36:53 PM

I don't want to run a full node as like I said it will be a semi hot wallet meaning I may not turn it on for a few weeks and dont want to have to wait a couple of hours for it to sync before I could send a payment.

use blockchain.info wallet Smiley
Activity: 798
February 23, 2014, 06:26:01 PM

legendary
February 23, 2014, 06:05:02 PM

Electrum is too simplistic for my taste. The deterministic seed is cool but I do not like to use my addresses with an abstraction that is too far removed from what is actually going on. Heck, I don't even like the "wallet" concept, it spreads your coins across addresses you don't pick.
Eelectrum, the last time I tried, it only let you use one single set of addresses, there is not way to keep two separate amounts.

What would you recommend and why. I currently use paper wallets but want to start running a semi hot wallet on a linux laptop. Not keeping large amounts in there and not keeping it on all the time, just a way to keep some coins accessible but not on an exchange. 

February 23, 2014, 05:28:54 PM

Electrum is too simplistic for my taste. The deterministic seed is cool but I do not like to use my addresses with an abstraction that is too far removed from what is actually going on. Heck, I don't even like the "wallet" concept, it spreads your coins across addresses you don't pick.
Eelectrum, the last time I tried, it only let you use one single set of addresses, there is not way to keep two separate amounts.

What would you recommend and why. I currently use paper wallets but want to start running a semi hot wallet on a linux laptop. Not keeping large amounts in there and not keeping it on all the time, just a way to keep some coins accessible but not on an exchange. 
legendary
February 23, 2014, 04:09:45 PM
MultiBit.  It is quick to load and sync.

Multibit is very cute Smiley indeed!

Activity: 194
Merit: 100
February 23, 2014, 02:08:40 PM
What do people see as the main advantages of multibit over electrum?

Im currently using electrum but everyone is raving on about multibit. I thought the fact that electrum used deterministic seeds would make it more popular.

Anyone care to enlighten me ?

February 23, 2014, 01:47:54 PM
What do people see as the main advantages of multibit over electrum?

Im currently using electrum but everyone is raving on about multibit. I thought the fact that electrum used deterministic seeds would make it more popular.

Anyone care to enlighten me ?
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
February 23, 2014, 01:26:35 PM
I use MultiBit, love it  Smiley
Mulibit is just the best isn't it?
The simplicity makes me smile each time I open it.
Wink
Activity: 35
February 23, 2014, 01:18:35 PM
MultiBit.  It is quick to load and sync.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 23, 2014, 01:07:21 PM
blockchain wallet, but most of bitcoins are on paper wallet in fire resistance box on 3 locations in europe:)

3 locations in Europe !!! Are you a Bitcoin millionaire ?
Hahah he oughta be a billionaire rather, or perhaps just very very careful.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 23, 2014, 11:23:45 AM
Right now i am using Blockchain.info and multibit. Both works very well for me.
legendary
February 23, 2014, 11:21:07 AM
blockchain wallet, but most of bitcoins are on paper wallet in fire resistance box on 3 locations in europe:)

3 locations in Europe !!! Are you a Bitcoin millionaire ?
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 18, 2014, 10:05:06 AM
Mulibit is just the best isn't it?
The simplicity makes me smile each time I open it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is the future...
February 18, 2014, 09:40:21 AM
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
February 18, 2014, 09:35:27 AM
I don use client but i use blockchain
Activity: 1
February 18, 2014, 09:13:17 AM
Pages:
Jump to: