Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? - page 36. (Read 49643 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

I use Multibit client and blockchain.info (latter for when I have travel without my laptop).

Both have worked just fine for me.

Indeed, both of them are very good. And recommend by official page.

regards!
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

I use Multibit client and blockchain.info (latter for when I have travel without my laptop).

Both have worked just fine for me.
legendary

I just answered the question posted in OP Smiley.

Indeed Smiley I don't say it is something wrong Tongue

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Lead developer
Eating our own dogfood - I use Bitalo as my main wallet, because I feel more safe having my Bitcoins in a multisignature wallet guarded by my passphrase AND another key that our server guards, instead of just managing it myself on my computer, which could be compromised at any time.
Your server could be compromised at any time too.

Yes. And I wouldn't still lose my coins, because of using multisignature wallets. Since I hold the other key in my head (which is essentially my passphrase to the service), hackers would need also to compromise my computer at the same time to steal my password as I type it in when logging into Bitalo.

Eating our own dogfood - I use Bitalo as my main wallet, because I feel more safe having my Bitcoins in a multisignature wallet guarded by my passphrase AND another key that our server guards, instead of just managing it myself on my computer, which could be compromised at any time.

Seems like advert Maćku :-)

Anyway thank for letting us know.

I just answered the question posted in OP Smiley.
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin-Qt and Armory. Also, Mycelium.

Mycelium is dangerous.  Very dangerous.  It is Russian and bitcoin is illegal in Russia.  Want to get screwed?  Use Mycelium from Russia and you're gonna have KGB knocking on your door with a polonium sandwich any minute now.  
Mycelium developer here. Last time i checked I was from Denmark and the rest of the Mycelium team in Austria.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

For linux os I would just recommend official qt for linux.

I don't want to run a full node as like I said it will be a semi hot wallet meaning I may not turn it on for a few weeks and dont want to have to wait a couple of hours for it to sync before I could send a payment.

use blockchain.info wallet Smiley

Nah, not trusting anything online.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Your server could be compromised at any time too.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Well, i use anything easy and not so complicated.. Multibit, blockchain they are very easy and secure + not too complicated..
legendary

Seems like advert Maćku :-)

Anyway thank for letting us know.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Lead developer
legendary
Armory all the way

Armory is very good and maybe best for linux usrs.
Anyway it has some bugs included.
Activity: 896
Merit: 302
Armory all the way
Activity: 465
Multibit is good enough for me  Smiley
legendary
I use Electrum.  any reason why I shouldn't?  Huh

You should Smiley this is very nice wallet indeed!!!!

I do support this project.

Anyway my favorite wallet is Bitcoin Wallet @android Smiley
Activity: 388
Armory, purely for the extra level of security and the ability to backup my wallets more easily than using the Bitcoin-QT client. More of a true set-and-forget than hoping the hard drive the wallet is on doesn't fail abruptly.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
Blockchain.info because its the most secure I guess plus for back up I use paper wallets.

most secure as long as they are online Smiley maybe Smiley

anyway I don't say it is not secure.

it is. But it is online wallet. Online. Magic word that gave --security .

What do u mean ? Can u plz elaborate ?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
This is actually a pretty decent thread.  I have multiple wallets, so I wanted to see some reviews on ones that I don't currently use, because I need a few additional wallets Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
I use Electrum.  any reason why I shouldn't?  Huh
legendary
Blockchain.info because its the most secure I guess plus for back up I use paper wallets.

most secure as long as they are online Smiley maybe Smiley

anyway I don't say it is not secure.

it is. But it is online wallet. Online. Magic word that gave --security .
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Bitcoin-QT and Mycelium
Pages:
Jump to: