Pages:
Author

Topic: Which cryptocurrency is the fastest? - page 10. (Read 15822 times)

Activity: 151
Merit: 10
July 22, 2018, 03:57:08 PM
Dash has InstantSend, which is about 2 seconds and gives you 4 confirmations on a transaction.
It also has that transaction locked to prevent double-spending.

Yes. It is one of my favorite cryptocurrencies because of this feature. I'm not sure if there would exist a much faster cryptocurrency, but so far it seems like Dash has the lead. It also has a block size limit of 2MB in contrast to Bitcoin, with its never ending block size debate.  Roll Eyes

about cryptocurency is fastes transaction and confirmation
i think is the best dogecoin , and dogecoin is very low fee sending too, so is enjoy use dogecoin

I think so too. Especially for micropayments, as it makes it an ideal cryptocurrency to tip others. Due to its inexpensive nature, it is very easy to obtain, allowing anyone to get into it and learn more about cryptocurrencies.  Smiley

It is worth mentioning that Bitcoin is a network with minimal commissions for making payment transactions. That is, you can easily send at least a million dollars without any intermediaries and restrictions anywhere, paying at the same time a few dollars. Here it is appropriate to mention Ripple - it is a modern and more advanced analogue of the international SWIFT system with the ability to make transfers without commissions and almost instantly completely safe money transactions
Activity: 126
July 22, 2018, 03:51:41 PM
For me, LTC is the fastest and its availability in exchange make LTC is the best so far.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 22, 2018, 03:47:08 PM
IMO, the later cryptos are very focused on dealing with the transaction speed as well as reducing the transaction fee to the minimum for investors. And usually new cryptos with low volume usually have breakneck transaction speed, only when the volume is high, the transaction is slow to start. As such, the ICO Token always provides the quickest confirmation time.

Exactly. New cryptocurrencies are greatly focused on improving transaction processing speeds, and reducing costs, while at the same time, providing unparalleled security and reliability. Over time, cryptocurrencies are becoming faster and more efficient in processing transactions. Most recently, a new cryptocurrency has been proposed which is based on Directed Acrylic Graphs (DAG) in order to provide instant and zero-fee payments to the world. Such cryptocurrency is called Coti or "Currency of the Internet" which is quite impressive, IMO.

On the other hand, tokens which are deployed on the Ethereum blockchain are quite fast too, but sometimes they become slow if Ethereum's network load is high. Therefore, the more usage a cryptocurrency experiences over time, the slower it may become if it doesn't implement scalability upgrades to boost its transaction capacity. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
July 19, 2018, 07:54:57 PM
I think the Ethereum has good potential. The speed of transaction Ethereum pretty fast. Personally, I often use Ethereum and everything suits me, of course, it is not necessary to put a very low cost of gas and then transactions will be carried out very quickly.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
July 19, 2018, 07:09:43 PM
IMO, the later cryptos are very focused on dealing with the transaction speed as well as reducing the transaction fee to the minimum for investors. And usually new cryptos with low volume usually have breakneck transaction speed, only when the volume is high, the transaction is slow to start. As such, the ICO Token always provides the quickest confirmation time.
Activity: 113
Merit: 0
July 19, 2018, 07:04:04 PM
I think ripple, litecoin and Ark are the fastest of all, you can complete transaction in a few seconds, if you ask me , I'd rather stay away from bitcoin if your goal is to complete alot of transactions, they take way too long, but let's see what happens with the new technology that BTC is implementing, lightning network.
Activity: 136
Merit: 1
July 19, 2018, 02:40:44 PM
In my opinion, I believe nexty is the fastest as I have seen their speed first hand and the transactions fees re very low and almost negligible.
Activity: 479
Merit: 103
July 19, 2018, 02:35:17 PM
FastCoin is quickly becoming the biggest internet sensation since Bitcoin.  Merchants are quickly realizing the benefits of Crypto Currencies and FastCoin is one of the special Crypto coin’s which makes this technology practical to use in everyday commerce.  FastCoin is currently THE FASTEST Complete Transacting Crypto currency in the world, without sacrificing security!  Our engineers were able to develop a 12 sec per block transacting coin which is ideally suited for today’s time sensitive needs.  As the general public slowly realizes the benefits of Bitcoin, early adopters of Crypto currencies will quickly understand the value in the role that time plays, specifically when conducting everyday transactions.

16 second is indeed very fast, unless you are falling from a plane without parachute and you need urgently to send your money to your relatives before you land.
Activity: 80
July 19, 2018, 02:18:11 PM
Bitcoin's Lighting Network will be the fastest.
Maybe Ethereum's Raiden Network aswell.
yes, i agree with u
legendary
July 19, 2018, 02:15:25 PM
Usually, I use xlm (stellar) because it deals faster, cheaper transaction costs and I like stellar technology.

Same. I like Stellar simply because it's blazing fast and fees are a fraction of a penny. It's a very practical cryptocurrency for micropayments, and more due to its scalability. Last time I've checked, the Stellar dev team is planning to integrate the Lightning Network to the cryptocurrency. If successful, then transactions would become instant and virtually free as XLM scales to a wider audience. It could surpass popular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Bitcoin Cash because of said reasons.

Therefore, among the fastest cryptocurrencies in existence today, we've got: Stellar (Lumens), Ripple, Ark, Bitshares, Steem, EOS, IOTA, and NANO. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 215
July 14, 2018, 07:36:33 PM
Usually, I use xlm (stellar) because it deals faster, cheaper transaction costs and I like stellar technology.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
July 14, 2018, 07:27:14 PM
well i have not compared all crptocurrencies but from the ones i have used i will say WAVE is very fast with low transaction fees. Doge coin.
For me the most fastest coin to regulates its prices is bitcoin in where we can expect higher rate that get good profits and benefits due to the demand with individuals who are believing.
Activity: 157
July 14, 2018, 07:18:56 PM
 well i have not compared all crptocurrencies but from the ones i have used i will say WAVE is very fast with low transaction fees. Doge coin.
legendary
July 12, 2018, 03:41:10 PM
Ripple is the leader in performance among the top 10 largest cryptocurrencies. He is still far from Visa, but such a beginning looks quite promising, given the close cooperation of the project with financial institutions. In November, together with American Express and Banco Santander, the first cross-border payments were made. Now American Express customers can make instant transfers to accounts in the British division of Banco Santander using the Ripple blockchain.

There's no doubt in that, mate. Ripple is one of the most fastest cryptocurrencies to date, probably because of its consensus mechanism, and centralized nature. It's a real-time settlement system, which doesn't require miners or stakers, being extremely efficient in terms of speed and energy consumption. However, it can easily become manipulated by central authorities since it's controlled by a single entity. That's the downside of it, which is why I believe that decentralized cryptocurrencies (despite being much slower than centralized counterparts) will prevail in the end.

Things aside, there's another cryptocurrency which will emerge soon aiming to transform the payments industry. It's called COTI and it claims to process transactions instantly and without fees. Being based on a DAG model, it's practically similar to IOTA, and NANO. As such, I believe that the future lies in such coins, due to their unparalleled speed and high scalability. Therefore, among the fastest cryptocurrencies, there is Ripple, Stellar, Ark, Bitshares, IOTA, NANO and COTI. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 296
July 10, 2018, 11:14:20 AM
Waves and Monero are faster than other altcoins. Their developments make members sure in their bright future and being right in choose just there altcoins.
Activity: 123
June 29, 2018, 10:30:10 PM
Just found another super fast transaction speed (can compare with Ripple). This is Stellar Lumens (XLM). 3-5 second confirmation time Supports thousands of transactions per second

Some other compare if you need: Ripple - 3-5 second ledger closes Ethereum - 15 second block times Litecoin - 2.5 minute block times Bitcoin - 10 minute block times
Activity: 28
June 29, 2018, 10:29:02 PM
The fastest AND most inexpensive CryptoCurrency is Ripple. (4 second transactions costing 0.0007 USD).

Not sure why everyone is recommending random coins that don't answer the question when Ripple statistically is the best performance wise.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
June 29, 2018, 10:26:00 PM
Ripple is the leader in performance among the top 10 largest cryptocurrencies. He is still far from Visa, but such a beginning looks quite promising, given the close cooperation of the project with financial institutions. In November, together with American Express and Banco Santander, the first cross-border payments were made. Now American Express customers can make instant transfers to accounts in the British division of Banco Santander using the Ripple blockchain.
Activity: 350
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
June 26, 2018, 04:53:48 PM
I think XRP is by far the fastest crypto thanks to its consensus algorithm, Its one of the fastest means of  sending money and its almost a guarantee that you will not experience any delays whatsoever. The main concern however is the level of centralization, The biggest asset a crypto can ever have is being decentralized, XRP is way too centralized , This has turned the favor to Ethereum's direction,as the coin is also fast, but also very decentralized
legendary
June 26, 2018, 04:43:10 PM
If you are talking theoretical speeds, plenty of networks are lining up to claim their network can perform 1000000tx/s.
In terms of proven speeds and tx/s, XRP handles the highest TX/S at the most volume. This isn't up for debate, it has one of the highest volumes and is in large scale use - as much use as the top currencies, bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin. No other coin comes near the volume and speed of XRP.
Next would be XLM, but I'm not sure they have even had a single 24hr period of >$1bn volume.

Agree. XRP is the fastest "cryptocurrency" to date due to its consensus algorithm and level of centralization. Also, it's very cheap to send money with XRP, but it's biggest downside is that it's extremely centralized. On the other hand, XLM was created by the same founder of XRP (McCaleb), and it has many similarities of XRP. It's fast too, with dirt cheap fees just like its predecessor. Best of all, it's decentralized which is a huge plus if anyone wants to use an alternative to XRP which has the same value proposition of most cryptocurrencies in existence.

Despite this, there are other cryptocurrencies which are proven to be fast in TPS. They're mostly DAG-based cryptocurrencies such as IOTA, NANO, and ByteBall, which can provide zero-fees and near-instant transactions because there are no miners on the network. Some call them the next-generation of cryptocurrencies due to their high scalability. However, for them to become scalable, people would need to use them, as DAG-based cryptocurrencies are based this way. The more usage there is, the better, as the network would perform faster than ever. Therefore, the speed of a cryptocurrency depends on its specs, and the network load it's experiencing when handling transactions from people in the mainstream world. Just my thoughts Grin
Pages:
Jump to: