Pages:
Author

Topic: Which cryptocurrency should I invest in, in 2018? Why? - page 21. (Read 3533 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
you have done the right thing. specifically for ethereum, I am very interested in etehrum project behind big role etherum as ico platform with good project too.
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
I think NEO, ETH, BTC is always prime portolfio in the crypto currency and it has to be there. Yes, your strategy sounds good but Q1 has already passed and you must be starting this with Q2 !

Well there are also some of the coins which has started heads up this year and must have coins. This includes ADA, SCL, JNT, and IOST. These coins are really something and with good team around the project I do feel that they will have amazing path ahead.
Activity: 144
Merit: 1
I prefer to invest altcoins for a short term due to market dipping too much.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
Well there is a lot of coins to look for,of course every one will have different opinion and might all be true at the end. You have EOS which a lot of people think it will boom,but to be honest I think it lost the HYPE of the maintnet and we wont see big pump at least for now . You have QLC AND MTH both are gonna launch mainnet at the end of this month and they are at really good price right now . Why I talked about this coins only ? Because simply those are the one I am interested in , there might be more important coins/token but I am not currently follow thus, can not really talk about .

He might find a lot of different opinion and all are legit , they are just different interest .
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
This thread belongs to the "Trading discussion" forum board.
OP,just make your own technical and fundamental analysis and don`t ask other people about what to do with your own money.I see that you have some sort of a trading strategy,which is good,but nobody can predict what altcoin will skyrocket soon.I like Vechain and GRAFT,but that`s just my opinion.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I think the crypto you picked is perfect, your analysis and research is very good, if you want to add your portfolio list you can add Eos, Litecoin, Dash and Monero, try to observe and analyze the coins.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Have you looked at EOS ? You will have very different structure of projects build on Ethereum vs EOS... Hence, I request you study both the structure and then decide which one appeals you more.
copper member
Activity: 47
Merit: 2
I’m going to be accumulating the majority of the coins below over the course of 2018 Q1—I’m a big believer in a diversified portfolio.

Especially in crypto.

I split coins into 3 tiers. Coins in tiers 1 & 2 I will be continuously adding to my holdings throughout Q1.

I based these tiers on my investment strategy, I highly suggest creating a strategy before investing in anything.

You need to have a goal that you’re working towards, and a framework for how you want to reach that goal.

My goal is to increase my holdings of Tier 1 & 2 coins, by trading coins from tier 3 on a short-medium time frame (2–6 months).

I also margin trade Tier 1 & 2 coins and use profits to increase my overall $BTC position.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Not margin trading is rule #8 in my “10 Crypto Commandments”.

Some of these coins I don’t believe in as long term investments.

Most of the time, the criteria I use to pick coins starts fundamentally with the team, roadmap, and community.

Once I’ve deemed a coin as “Fundamentally Strong”, I then go into the charts and apply Technical Analysis to determine if I can get a solid entry point.

Sometimes, I’ll see a coin I don’t think will last in the long run, but the chart is just too pretty to say no. I will denote these coins with an [X] by their name.

Cliche Disclaimer: none of this is financial advice, don’t even listen to me, I’m a random person on the internet — I could be full of sh*t and you wouldn’t know it.

Do your own research and only ever invest what you can afford to lose.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

I always hold at least a little BTC. Bitcoin is the market leader, and until that changes, I will always hedge against my Altcoin investments with Bitcoin. I typically have any where from 10–30% of my portfolio in Bitcoin depending on Bitcoin dominance at that time.

Bitcoin dominance refers to the percentage of the total cryptocurrency market share which is held by Bitcoin. You can check the live stat here.

The link also shows the market dominance of the other major coins on the market- spend some time getting to know the chart and notice how coins market caps correlate negatively or positively with each other.

Understanding the market cycles of crypto is pivotal to successful investing.

Tier 2

Neo ($NEO) & Ethereum ($ETH)

Image courtesy of CoinSutra

ETH and NEO are competitors. They solve the same problems, are both serious coins with large market caps, and I hold both as long term investments.

I’m not hedging against my bets by investing in competitors. It’s feasible to me that these two entities could co-exist in the future in a fashion similar to how Apple and Samsung coexist.
Pages:
Jump to: