Pages:
Author

Topic: Which is better, staking or investing? - page 17. (Read 3206 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1853
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
July 01, 2020, 01:38:20 PM
Well, it will surprise you to know that staking is another form of investment. However, staking does not require huge collateral as in masternodes hence it makes it quite easier for more people to invest with in it. If you are looking for platforms to stake then I will recommend MyContainer platform. It's very secured and easy to use.

I have never really heard about MyContainer! Is it a new platform? I don’t know if this platform is reliable. Anyway, I went to the site and saw some offers on staking some coins. I want to ask about this token

Divi (DIVI)    YEARLY RETURN = 37%

I think this token is for the platform and they are giving a large percentage but I don't know anything about this token.
Frankly, I do not want to risk investing new coins. I want to invest in major coins.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
July 01, 2020, 01:14:43 PM
I think, that staking is much better. You will have guaranteed earnings and you can look at https://www.stakingrewards.com/ where is also written APR of your theoretical earnings at this time and also staking pools and which is the most profitable.

Investing has higher risks, cause you have to believe some 3rd part - coin developers - that will have to hard work and make the price rise.

On staking there is even bigger income and that coins/tokens are much older and working well - otherwise their price will go extremely down.
Activity: 750
Merit: 258
July 01, 2020, 11:46:26 AM
In my opinion, staking and investing are somehow the same. Its a form of putting your money in an investment which can give you profit. Well, they are both good if you make a good research and analysis many types of investments existed (stocks, real estate, cryptocurrency, gold, etc). HOwever, investing blindly without any idea what you are doing might make you in debt and lose all of your money. Therefore, be wise when you choose to become an investor Wink
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
July 01, 2020, 08:16:27 AM
Depends on situation.

Selecting altcoin for stacking is easier than selecting an altcoin for investment. In stacking you just have to look at the % plan and select most profitable option. While doing an investment, investor must spend spend great amount of time choosing best altcoin to invest.

Speaking about profit - investing is no doubt better. While stacking can bring 1-10% profit, investing can double the portfolio. Both stacking and investing are liable of altcoin price drop.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
July 01, 2020, 05:17:05 AM
I used to be more in staking in the past.
However, I couldn't make a lot of money from that. It was about investing 1k and getting 5, so i thought I should switch to investing. Now I can say that I get more in returns but the risk is higher and I have a possibility of facing losses.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1129
June 29, 2020, 07:11:51 PM
Well, it will surprise you to know that staking is another form of investment. However, staking does not require huge collateral as in masternodes hence it makes it quite easier for more people to invest with in it. If you are looking for platforms to stake then I will recommend MyContainer platform. It's very secured and easy to use.
Staking is dead!

Excluding those new coins that do exist in the market and just stick out with Dash https://www.stakingrewards.com/asset/dash/calculate
Then you can definitely say that this one wont really be an ideal way of increasing up your profit yet rewards wont really be felt that much if you
cant put up big amounts and so as with other similar staking projects out there.This one is considered as an investment too and i dont know
why it being separately categorized.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 117
June 29, 2020, 06:50:31 PM
In my opinion investing is much better than staking, because investing we have the freedom to choose coins. And depend on us
when it wants to be sold, investing gives freedom to control our own finances. While staking can only be certain coins, if we are
staking coins then our assets are locked, cannot be arbitrarily sold. There are rules when we can withdraw, we can't immediately
make a withdrawal. Investing if you choose the right coins, the profit can be much greater than staking.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
June 29, 2020, 05:56:34 PM
Activity: 35
June 29, 2020, 03:01:24 PM
Staking is a type of investing. Staking is the process of buying and holding coins with the goal of receiving interest. It is done using a designated wallet on a network that uses the Proof of Stake consensus algorithm or some modification of it.
This is close to the truth.
In addition I'd say - proper investing leads to accumulation of surplus funds which can be easily staked which will lead to rise of the capital of an investor
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
June 29, 2020, 10:57:39 AM
In my opinion, staking is more risky because we do not know the price in the market. I mean the price in the market can change at any time, if you join a staking project that has a stable price or more rising, it will be profitable, but if you join a staking project, the price is getting fall or die then you will lose all the money you have
Same thing can also be said about investing that at one time you can invest in a project which is looking to have a good future and then suddenly after only a few months the marketcap of that coin falls more than 10x of what you brought it at. So there is always a chance of risk taking in investing and also in staking your coins as well. I personally like staking my coins as it gives you a little bit of income as well on top of appreciation of coin if any, so it is a win win situation as well because in investing you will be holding a constant amount of coins with you but by staking you can increase that number to a tremendous amount if you have huge staking power in the pool.
Activity: 36
June 29, 2020, 10:08:16 AM
Staking is a type of investing. Staking is the process of buying and holding coins with the goal of receiving interest. It is done using a designated wallet on a network that uses the Proof of Stake consensus algorithm or some modification of it.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 102
June 28, 2020, 01:49:27 PM
Both staking and investing are good for investors. But each of them has some different characteristics that make it a bit different from each other and investors have to consider all of these things. In case of investment, you can avoid huge losses by selling your cryptocurrency at any time according to market analysis. This is not possible in the case of a long term or medium term staking and in many cases, the market can go down a lot in a short period of time. So you can't make a new type of cryptocurrency staking because the risk is very high but it is possible to come out with a higher return in case of investing. On the other hand, even if the value of investing in trusted and top cryptocurrencies decreases, the number of the coin increases on staking, and when the value rises again, there is extra profit which is not the case with investing. So it can be said that the utility of these two factors depends on proper cryptocurrency selection and timely decision making.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
June 27, 2020, 11:33:42 AM
The Stake system can actually be considered the same as investment because you have to make a mandatory investment to stake. For this reason, I think that there is no clear answer to this question and I actually claim that investment was made while stake.
There is a major difference in principle between staking and investing, staking in the cryptocurrency space means you are helping in validating the blocks which means you get rewards for hording your coins and it is a major difference from investing as you are hording the coins for the value to go higher and you are not getting any rewards intrinsically for hording and that is not the case with staking.

Personally i am not a fan of POS simply because it is basically centralized and all the coins that are POS are pre mined heavily and it is not going to be fair game, all the fans of POS can have their view point but that is not going to work in the long term and i wont be surprised if i hear some large amount of coins that were staked were hacked in the future and that time we can talk about this Pandora box Wink.
Activity: 558
Merit: 11
umachit.fund
June 27, 2020, 10:14:26 AM
If you can make the right choice, then stacking and investing are both the correct. If you chose one altcoin for stacking but the trading volume is very low of this altcoin here you made a mistake. Because the future of coin is not good and the trader is not interested in it.
In the same way, if you make a mistake in choosing a coin, it will be also a loss for trading. So above all, take the right decision.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 624
June 24, 2020, 03:40:49 PM
The Stake system can actually be considered the same as investment because you have to make a mandatory investment to stake. For this reason, I think that there is no clear answer to this question and I actually claim that investment was made while stake. Thus, there is a situation that waiting for the investment to be valued by investing, on the other hand, does not seem logical when compared to the stake option. So if I had to choose one of the two options, I would choose the stake option, as I already mentioned, the stake option is actually an investment type.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
June 24, 2020, 09:57:08 AM
Staking and investment? Huh Are they not the same thing? They are two similar things, so I think the question should be between trading and staking or mining and staking. I still believe that it all depends on how much you're able to invest. The more money you invest in all these things the more profit you're able to make. You can't invest little money and be expecting huge profit, it doesn't work like that. And they all carry risks, except mining, but that one carries expenses which a lot of people cannot afford.

There are people who will go into mining and at the end they won't cover up the expenses they have made. Similarly I have seen people who tried masternode running and POS but the heavy dump on the invested coin, led them go bankrupted.Still, investing on bitcoin mat not disappoint in long run for sure. Staking will be good when that coin will be having another real world application; otherwise people will keep dumping which will lead to negative ROI.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 24, 2020, 08:22:20 AM
   Today staking is so easy. I stake few coins, nothing much, and I have some passive income. It's low like my investments in those
coins are, but with time I will invest more.
   In my opinion, and some other people thinks the same, staking and investing are one thing. We invest in coins we wish to stake,
we generate more of those coins of time, and with luck their price will rise and we will have more coins, more profit.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 104
June 24, 2020, 06:38:56 AM
The cryptocurrency and stock markets can be compared with gambling for a long time, because unity and the most important factor that unites them is uncertainty, which in some cases allows traders and investors to earn very good money, and on the other hand, this uncertainty is a very stumbling block on the way to his goal. But the players from the stock market have long found an opportunity to combine investments and gambling, when investors do not invest in stocks or securities, but in the results of sports games and competitions. The same situation exists today in the cryptocurrency market. An example is the software maker Stratagem, which is trying to implement a startup for investment in sports betting.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1853
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
June 24, 2020, 04:57:53 AM
If you are going to be investing in altcoins right now go for stable coins or platforms that support Defi because that could translate into liquidity into that project and later become a successful project!

Well I am staking on AWC coin for Atomic Wallet, do you have information about this token? I heard about it good and want to try my luck there? If you have more information about some of the good platforms that support DEFI please tell me more about that through your experience. If you have information about some of these projects that might be successful then I might try my luck in one.
Activity: 891
Merit: 43
Random coins :)
June 23, 2020, 06:12:24 PM
Isn't staking the same thing as investing with the only difference being you know how much you getting from your investment after a certain period if you opt for staking Roll Eyes

I want to fully understand what is staking and what are the best coins and platforms that we can do staking and give good profits?

My most important question: Which is better, staking or investing?
If you are going to be investing in altcoins right now go for stable coins or platforms that support Defi because that could translate into liquidity into that project and later become a successful project!
Pages:
Jump to: