Pages:
Author

Topic: Whitelist Requests (Want out of here?) - page 79. (Read 474339 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
I want to be allowed to post in other boards. I'm interested in Bitcoin, Litecoin, and BBQCoin. I am registered on http://forum.bbqcoin.org under the same username and have compiled a Mac version of the BBQCoin client that is available on that forum. I would like to contribute to this forum as well. I first mined Bitcoin two years ago but did not continue after the crash of 2011 until recently.
Activity: 24
Please let me out of here.  I've been active in this other thread I started in the newbie section, but I really would like it moved to the real mining speculation thread where it will be useful...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-ordered-a-bfl-50ghs-and-then-did-the-roi-math-176129

Thanks!
Activity: 6
please I will be a good member
I want out!!! Wink
Activity: 5
Reading all these posts , I feel so lost.   Soooo very much to learn.  It is a "bit" overwhelming  Smiley
i'm old member...
because i'm a girl??? Smiley
I don't spam a lot, so I think I could deserve to let in
Activity: 21
I've been a member for a long time, but only to watch.
now that I understand enough and want to make part of the discussion, I can't... :\
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
Please whitelist me. I've been discussing with the cfminer developer on his IRC channel, and want to post logs here.
Activity: 10
Hi,
I am using Bitfinex.com exchange to do trading in BTC and I finally just registered on bitcointalk after a year of reading here.  I am not a newbie, and not sure how to prove that, but I basically need to be able to reply and contact the forum:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=au8b8u8nglhffrclg4roq4mel5&topic=119745.700

Which is the Reply forum/thread to speak with any administrators when the site maybe down.  Plz grant me access to at least use that.  If you want to limit my abilities after that, I am fine with that.  I just need to be able to ask them questions and reply to stuff..

I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Freakshow
Activity: 18
I have been following this forum for a while and would like to start participating in the discussion.

I have been buying and mining for almost two years, and generally been following developments and news relating to Bitcoin.

I'm also about two months away from launching a Bitcoin ad network: bitcoinads.com. I'm not here to promote it but rather to share and learn about what others are doing.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I'm not sure how to prove i'm not a noob, so I'll just write a quick essay here on the bitcoin and it's relevance to me, that wasn't copypasted. (feel free to google up parts of it Tongue)

About a week ago, my friend named Wolf had introduced me in the concept of crypto-currency. At first, I did not give it any attention, as it seemed nonsensical. I did not understand how a such a currency could have value, what could possibly prevent it from being copied or otherwise cheated, and what would even keep it within control.

A few days later, I stumbled upon a PBS Idea Channel video involving it, including a brief explanation about it. It gave me a general understanding, but honestly I didn't really know anything nor did I give a crap.

A little while later, My friend Wolf finally managed to convince me to get into trading LTC, An alternate cryptocurrency, little-brother to BTC, and he sent me my first LTC.

After this, I started researching about cryptocurrency, and have begun to understand it to much greater extents.

From my understanding, here is a summary of what cryptocurrency, and bitcoin, in specific, is.

Bitcoins are a relatively new form of digital and yet decentralized currency that relies on the best cryptography we have as well as peer-to-peer networking, to create a system that allows for the exchange of money in the form of digital "coins" at little to no cost in transaction fees.

Bitcoins are mined by anyone with a computer at a predefined rate, as the computer solves complicated cryptographic puzzles that increase with difficulty over time.

This hard work that takes a significant amount of time makes "bitcoins" and also makes them valuable, as they are mathematically limited.

The bitcoin protocol allowing for only a certain number of coins to be made, at a fairly predictable rate, regardless of the increase of processing power, and the use of more efficient methods of mining.

An example of a more efficient method of mining is ASIC or FPGA based units, with processors specially designed to generate SHA512 hashes using hardware. ASIC miners gain enormous speed improvements over other, more general-purpose hardware options.

This is because a CPU is designed to be able to complete any type of task. Whether it be simple addition, complicated floating-point math, cellular automation, rendering text, managing TCP connections, or running general purpose algorithms. It is capable of all tasks. It is the Central Processing Unit. A general purpose, universal computer. However, a GPU is designed to only function for a small number of specialized things. It is unable to manage it's own memory(I think?), and it is unable to run general purpose computer programs.

However, In the same way that a GPU is a specialized to render 3D graphics, and do intensive floating-point math at greater speeds and efficiencies than a CPU, an ASIC miner is better at hashing in the required method that bitcoin mining is extremely intensive with, and does it at significantly greater speeds.

It no longer has to take dozens if not hundreds of processor instructions/ticks to calculate a hash as it does on a CPU, and it no longer has to take a couple of steps/ticks to calculate the hash as it does on the GPU. Instead, it calculates the hash all in one step. It is instantaneous.

Okay, I think I wrote enough. I know this is overkill, but I'm really bored tonight.

If you liked this short essay on bitcoins. Feel free to tip me. :3

I would like to be able to post in other sections so I may help people with questions as well as ask my own. Also, I'm bored.
Activity: 16
please allow me out early. Been lurking this forum without registering for ~ 6 months. Would like to claim some XRP to hopefully make funding bitstamp a bit less costly. TX!
Activity: 4
thats what i really need
I'd like to have access to posting, esp. in the mining hardware forum.  I recently bought a rig and my 7970 is overheating, so I want to know the best place to buy pci-e risers, and what to watch out for.  Currently, cablesaurus charges me $30+ for shipping to Canada, which is absurd for a 2gram cable.  Thanks.
Hoping to get on the white list today.  I've got a new blog post with a some math about the butterfly labs gear and wheter or not it's possible to break even with them now.  I want to post it here and get some feedback.  Thanks!
Activity: 8
I have spent Total of 9h online, and made more than 6 posts, Let me put please! Smiley
Activity: 15
when will I be approved already?
please confirm and allow me to write posts...
Activity: 16
I am asking for being white listed.

Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: