Pages:
Author

Topic: Who can you trust more to handle your business, man or woman? - page 2. (Read 710 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Am sure many arguments have ensued from the disparity in management that both gender, the man and the woman, can bring to the table as regards managing a business to scale heights of progress.
While a man is preferred for some, in order cases, the women are more favorite to handle top management positions due to their multitasking ability or dedication to vision of the company that's unwavering.

* If you intend to start your business or you already do and are looking for the best candidate to fill the top management position, would you trust a man or a woman to handle the affairs of the business?

* What reasons would you suggest are right, for picking and trusting a particular gender to handle a top management position of your business?

Let's discuss!

The success of a business has nothing to do with gender; we are all equal in everything, whether male or female. As long as you have determination and dedication to the business, it is for sure that you will succeed in the end.

Because if we say that women are better, it seems like we are discriminating against men, and vice versa for women. So I can say that they both have the ability to manage the business so that it succeeds in the end.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 191
This is 2024, we shouldn't be having this kind of conversations.

To those of you who say that gender doesn't matter, it does in some extreme cases. Women handle pressure in a different way than men. You wouldn't want a woman to lead an army full of men, which is why there's so little high ranked army positions occupied by women. It's not that they aren't able to, but in a group full ow men, it would be harder for them to gain respect. It's the same with sexual orientation. You wouldn't want a gay man to lead a group of straight soldiers into battle. That's how I see it and you can say you're all 21st century and you don't discriminate, but discrimination does happen. It's a part of life.

lol you just perfectly described how discrimination happens and persists

if you were to not break the cycle how could the cycle stop? remember that little
things contribute to big ones. if your employees can not respect a boss because of his
or her gender then maybe they are not as competent and professional as they should
have been
Activity: 392
Merit: 185
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
My business can be managed by whoever I feel that is component enough to do so irrespective of gender. Women has shown more commitment in handling peoples company because of their strict policies most times, though we can not dispute the fact that men are also good in managing establishments, what owners of companies should be looking out for is an individual who possess a good managerial skills which is the top most concern for the owner, such individuals should be to attract investors depending on the nature of the business, if I am the person in question, I won't give preference to a particular gender because quality management is what I sought for.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
In terms of business matters and for managerial work, I actually prefer to choose on the individual's skills, not on gender. But I understand that in some places or countries, gender conditions can affect individual performance.

In my country I prefer men for work. Why not to choose a woman? If you choose a woman, there will be a decrease in performance when her emotional unstable, pregnant, high stress levels, sometimes the decisions made by women are influenced by those closest to them/their family.
It's true, gender shouldn't be a separator because in a business what is prioritized in my opinion should be skill, responsibility, professionalism and so on. If someone is a woman but they have the criteria to be able to manage a business, will we miss them? I think it would be a shame if we just missed it just because we look at gender.
However, in some communities or even countries, men are given priority. Maybe they have reasons for doing that, one of which is as you said. Apart from that, it is possible that men's time effectiveness is more flexible than that of women.
However, if I could decide, I would not look at gender differences, but would look more at the skills and responsibilities they have.
It is already known that women of today can be as good as men, gone are the days where women only serve as assistants to men. In fact, there are a lot of successful business companies that are led by women, which proves that women may also outsmart men when it comes to skills and performance.

However, in some companies that men are priority, probably it also depend on what type of business they are working. If it’s all about construction materials or barbershop, then men should be given high priority, while for those beauty and wellness, women leadership is a must. In general, both men and women are capable to manage a business, it only differs on their kind of attitude and how they manage their team business to reach their goal.
Activity: 280
Merit: 110
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Look there will be people available here who are a good supporter of feminism and they'll try to prove that women are well deserved but the reality is a bit different. Decision making and taking the pressure that comes during a business journey is something that is very difficult for them.

Man on the other hand are efficient over these situations and they can bear up the pressure very well. Businesses require someone who can make instant and efficient decisions and in my opinion men are more suitable for the role of business management. I have seen cases where women blewed up because of their less pressure bearing capacity.
Activity: 756
Merit: 180
I don't know man or woman if he or she can handle the business well I don't mind personally Tho historically men have led business and government for a long time but "According to Zippia, 15% of tech CEOs are women." so the day is change I mean like really changed.

A woman can do handle business nowadays and like I have said earlier we can take the example of Lisa Su the CEO of AMD and bring AMD to its glory today.

Personally I would like other people to handle my business if I had one  Grin it simply because running a business is not an easy task I just want to be an investor
Sincerely speaking, I don't even want to be bothered about board meetings and every other thing that company owners and top executives go through just to keep their businesses afloat.
These days has seen more women take up executive roles and it's a fact because I think they are the gender that have the right to be emotional and blame it on hormones, while a man just can't, else he is known as wicked or bossy or feminine.
Also is the fact that women are just natural mothers and can develop a family-like aura in a company thereby caring or seducing or being affectionate, just to get the work and productivity level up.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 587
In terms of business matters and for managerial work, I actually prefer to choose on the individual's skills, not on gender. But I understand that in some places or countries, gender conditions can affect individual performance.

In my country I prefer men for work. Why not to choose a woman? If you choose a woman, there will be a decrease in performance when her emotional unstable, pregnant, high stress levels, sometimes the decisions made by women are influenced by those closest to them/their family.
It's true, gender shouldn't be a separator because in a business what is prioritized in my opinion should be skill, responsibility, professionalism and so on. If someone is a woman but they have the criteria to be able to manage a business, will we miss them? I think it would be a shame if we just missed it just because we look at gender.
However, in some communities or even countries, men are given priority. Maybe they have reasons for doing that, one of which is as you said. Apart from that, it is possible that men's time effectiveness is more flexible than that of women.
However, if I could decide, I would not look at gender differences, but would look more at the skills and responsibilities they have.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102
This is 2024, we shouldn't be having this kind of conversations.

To those of you who say that gender doesn't matter, it does in some extreme cases. Women handle pressure in a different way than men. You wouldn't want a woman to lead an army full of men, which is why there's so little high ranked army positions occupied by women. It's not that they aren't able to, but in a group full ow men, it would be harder for them to gain respect. It's the same with sexual orientation. You wouldn't want a gay man to lead a group of straight soldiers into battle. That's how I see it and you can say you're all 21st century and you don't discriminate, but discrimination does happen. It's a part of life.

Activity: 2198
Merit: 347
We are in a new generation now where every gender can lead, and in business gender is just a gender.
Though some business requires a specific gender and that could be the exception. If you are into business and thinking who to hire then better to look for credentials and background instead of looking for the right gender because it’s useless if that person didn’t suit the job.
Gender equality means that now there is no difference, I agree with that and even now there are many jobs that do not differentiate between men and women but the trust that must be given to handle business will be different.
Handling a business is not only a matter of ability, but there is a lot of pressure that will be put on you in handling a business, so I personally think that if you are under pressure, men tend to be able to handle it more than women.
But we do live in a world on which the society is really having that kind of impression on which we would really be having that belittling women when it comes to things on which it turns out that they arent capable on doing things. This is why we would really be having these kind of discussions in regarding about women and their capacities and limitation on which it isnt really just that right on why male or man would really be that focusing too much into those things on which we know that if men can do it then women can also do it too. It might really be just that unusual but actually they are really that capable on doing things.
It is really just that we cant really be seeing them with women into those fields but actually we are living in a world on where there are men jobs based are now been getting involved with women
which does simply proves out that they are really that capable. People are really just that too judgmental.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 154
It all depends on the individual and their ideas. Many claim that women make excellent bosses because they are more compassionate and caring, resulting in a more peaceful workplace. They may also be more focused on details and skilled at resolving issues. Furthermore, research has shown that organizations with female executives have greater returns on capital and are more unlikely to engage in illegal conduct.

Finally, keep in mind that leadership talents are not based on gender, and that each individual's abilities and knowledge are unique. other males may be terrific leaders, while other women may not. It is critical to assess each person's unique talents and abilities rather than depending on gender preconceptions
Activity: 1638
Merit: 330
We are in a new generation now where every gender can lead, and in business gender is just a gender.
Though some business requires a specific gender and that could be the exception. If you are into business and thinking who to hire then better to look for credentials and background instead of looking for the right gender because it’s useless if that person didn’t suit the job.
Gender equality means that now there is no difference, I agree with that and even now there are many jobs that do not differentiate between men and women but the trust that must be given to handle business will be different.
Handling a business is not only a matter of ability, but there is a lot of pressure that will be put on you in handling a business, so I personally think that if you are under pressure, men tend to be able to handle it more than women.
Activity: 308
Merit: 197
This is 2024, we shouldn't be having this kind of conversations. Who should run a business shouldn't be based on gender rather on merit, qualification, experience and other top qualities if they meet it. Gender, Age,  race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity doesn't matter if they are the right fit for the job. For example, the president of Switzerland is a female and she is doing a great job. Just as the former president of Liberia, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. I can go on to name other women who are CEOs, captains of industries, business titans etc. There is no two ways about it, pick the right person for the job your business will grow. Pick the wrong person for the job because of gender and your business will suffer.
Well said, we are in the era where gender discrimination is at the minimum unlike in the past where women were not allow to be in the same gathering as men Or were there allowed to hold public offices. A lot of businesses and companies crumble when they run their business base on sentiment. The community as swept that sentiment under the carpet though it’s still happening in some organizations. Offering job should be judged base on qualifications, a man or woman can both be qualified for the position after all you are looking for the best so you should go for the most qualified candidate. A Woman even with their so called famine qualities just as the OP has mentioned can run down a business or organization if she doesn’t know what she’s doing. You can’t employ a plumber to build your home when you know quite well that’s not his field. Same implication is what I’m talking about here. If you employ an unqualified person then expect a low outcome in your business.
   Personally I wouldn’t want to discriminate any gender if I’m in the position to choose,  a woman can lead the men if she is a born leader then she will lead well. Same goes to the man as well, when it comes to business trust your instincts and the verified information you obtain before making a business decision. Never trust blindly. Trust just like in any other relationship, in business relationship it has to be earned and earning it doesn't happen overnight. It's a gradual process that takes time, there may be a lot of people looking out for themselves so while it is important to keep an open mind, you also must be willing to protect yourself and take necessary precautions before placing any trust in anyone off the bat.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 326

Of course it is not an easy thing to run a business and from what has happened to the world's top companies, many of which are handled by successful women, I think there is no difference in the trust given to handle business for both women and men, I think it is the same.

However, there is a difference between trust and ability, if OP asks who can be trusted then we have to look at the psychology of someone who likes to lie or not and for this matter there is currently no difference between men and women.

In old age women was considered as a weak humans but now there is not a single business in which there is no involvement of female so it means that female can handle the business very smoothly and in better way. I think we should not make comparison between male and female because female are also very talented and in many businesses the owners are females.

I think in a business where there is no male partner a female can easily manage the business no matter in which condition she is. All female are passing through such stages but you will have seen that there are thousand of female who work properly and are teachers in different level of education so they don't think about the difficulties but are doing better for the prosperity if their country.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Activity: 812
Merit: 252
I don't know man or woman if he or she can handle the business well I don't mind personally Tho historically men have led business and government for a long time but "According to Zippia, 15% of tech CEOs are women." so the day is change I mean like really changed.

A woman can do handle business nowadays and like I have said earlier we can take the example of Lisa Su the CEO of AMD and bring AMD to its glory today.

Personally I would like other people to handle my business if I had one  Grin it simply because running a business is not an easy task I just want to be an investor
Of course it is not an easy thing to run a business and from what has happened to the world's top companies, many of which are handled by successful women, I think there is no difference in the trust given to handle business for both women and men, I think it is the same.

However, there is a difference between trust and ability, if OP asks who can be trusted then we have to look at the psychology of someone who likes to lie or not and for this matter there is currently no difference between men and women.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 418
Precisely. Experience and its credentials matter the most, gender will only be the last option. While men dominate in businesses way back years ago, but now it’s more on equality in what man can do, woman can also do. Another thing also is that honesty matters a lot. You can’t entrust your business to someone who is not honest at all, so be careful in choosing your manager to be.
Correct. Because basically men and women have the same rights and opportunities in running our business. Even though currently there are still people who think that women in the business world are often looked down upon because the majority of business people are men. So there are many big challenges that women have to face in the business world. However, for me this is not a problem, because the most important thing in recruiting employees to run our business is to look at them in terms of experience, credibility and honesty. Apart from that, when entrusting our business to men and women, they must also have soft skills or basic skills within themselves. such as his confidence when interacting with many people, the way he negotiates with many parties so that the business he manages can progress and develop. If all of this is fulfilled by men and women, then our business can grow rapidly to great success. So the point is that the gender issue is not a benchmark for trusting us in handling our business, but what we look at is the track record.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
Seriously? We're still having this conversation in this day and age? Look, the question isn't about trusting a man or a woman to handle your business; it's about trusting the right person. Gender doesn't run businesses; brains, grit, and vision do. You're hung up on whether a man's assertiveness or a woman's multitasking is the secret sauce to skyrocketing your business. Guess what? It's neither

It's about finding someone with the guts to make tough calls, the brainpower to navigate complex challenges, and the heart to lead with passion. You mention multitasking and dedication? These are human traits, not gender-specific superpowers. The real question should be: Does this person get it? Can they drive, inovate, and inspire regardess of what's between their legs?

Choosing a leader based on gender is like choosing a car based on color. Sure, it might look good, but does it have what it takes under the hood? Focus on competence, integrity, and alignment with your vision. Those are your non-negotiables. Gender? That's just an outdated checkbox that has no place in today's business equation

You will be surprised, but people (for example person I have quoted) still believe that, for example, men are better at selling screwdrivers, but women are at cosmetics. They still divide people by gender, while skill and experience is what matters in business.

I am sure that OP is either young, or dont have much of a working experience, otherwise he would not have asked that. And btw, according to his next post in this topic, women are better at managing positions in financial sector. I think he has got that thought because we rarely see a male being a bookkeeper. 
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

Activity: 924
Merit: 728
Neither of them, I trust bisexual or transgender. Tongue

Have you experienced working in a company? If so, you must have known that the gender has nothing to do with who has the better ability to handle your own business. It is true that women can do multi-tasking, so as the men. A lot of people also often say that what a man does, women can also manage to do the same thing, and vice versa.

So, if I will start my own business, gender will not really matter. As long as that person is capable and has a pleasing personality, that person is fit for the job.
Yep, especially @OP is asking about white collar job which is any gender can give a same contribution without any inequality. Women who can do multi-tasking are overrated, people forgot if men also need to multi-tasking too because they need to handle chit-chat from wives, partners, FWBs etc at the same time while he working.

It's different if we talk about blue collar jobs which make men are better than women.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1144
Precisely. Experience and its credentials matter the most, gender will only be the last option. While men dominate in businesses way back years ago, but now it’s more on equality in what man can do, woman can also do. Another thing also is that honesty matters a lot. You can’t entrust your business to someone who is not honest at all, so be careful in choosing your manager to be.
Pages:
Jump to: