Pages:
Author

Topic: Who dump coins early; Bounty hunters or ICO investors? - page 14. (Read 2702 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
Bounty Hunters get blamed for dumping coins but since most bounties are only 1% or 2% of the float that would only have a very limited and short term effect on the price. A far bigger impact is made by people who buy in during the presale at huge discounts to the ICO price and then sell their coins at below the ICO price but higher than the amount they paid. Beware of investing in ICO's that offer very large presale discounts without any vesting period as you will likely see presale investors dumping their coins at a price below what you paid.
Activity: 350
Merit: 16
~bitcoin enthusiast~
I think investors. Nowadays bounty hunters receive their token last. Normally weeks after token listed on the first exchange. Because it is a great time to take the profit, the majority of token shows an increase in the price right after listing.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 268
Graphic & Motion Designer
Both of them, if it is only Bounty Hunter who sell the coin, the price would not be so dumped, since Bounty Hunters only have small portion of the total circulating coin, except that the ICO of the Projects is not succeed (but if that so then this project deserve to be dumped). On the other hands, ICO investor buy so many coins that even if only few investors dump their token/coin it will radically affect the coin price.
Activity: 364
Merit: 18
I think not only the bounty hunters and investors dumps the coin but also the team behind helping the project to grow and become successful like the bounty management group or telegram management group. I think they have also a part/salary from the ico project they work on by giving them the amount of token they negotiated before they work. But i think the main cause of this is bounty hunters because some of them dosnt care about the project all they care is the price they will get but im not saying all bounty hunters are like this.
Activity: 1078
I think that would be the investors. Bounty hunters are always paid 1 month after ICO and sometimes a few more days after that. The time they would receive their bounties, the coins value have already dipped. The investors sell and trade first. They would be the first to manipulate the market.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 578
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
it doesn't matter how you get the coins, what matters is that how much experience you have in this field. and if you have experience you would dump the coins as fast as possible because there is no exception for these new tokens to get dumped. people WILL sell without a doubt and when they sell price will come down. so an experienced person would sell faster than others to prevent his losses and get the most profit out of the token before it is dumped to the bottom.
Activity: 364
Merit: 138
dApps Development Automation Platform
One of the good ways to prevent this is that projects can pay 50% bounty in ETH and 50% in their tokens. This will reduce the probability of a possible dump after the completion of the ICO. This issue is fairly well disclosed in this my old thread  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/do-you-support-direct-payment-in-eth-for-bounty-poll-2344753 and also there was a poll and a great discussion Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
ICO investors are likely to dump their coins if there is very long period of pre-ico with heavy discount because even if they will sell their coins at ico price when listing on exchange they will make good profit.

Bounty hunters will always dump their coin just after listing regardless of price even when ico collects millions.
copper member
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
But sometimes it is the project manager who dump tokens.
Somehow i do not think its always bounty hunter or investor.
Who really dump tokens it is very hard to find out.
Activity: 322
Merit: 40
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
In such situations are there two possibilities: dumping from bounty hunters or selling of the bonus amount who is gived during the pre-sale phases. Mostly are this the reasons why a  coin dump and come under the ICO price.
Activity: 574
Look at the volume, if the volume is low, sells are more than buys and the price is low maybe the bounty hunters are dumping but if the volume is high maybe it's the early investors who are dumping. Remember that the normal bounty allocation of most projects are just 1%-5% of total supply/circulating supply, even all the bounty hunters dump all their rewards it won't change a lot on pricing.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
I think most of the time both will choose to sell the token.
Because most altcoin only has the value of hype, people have realized this.
Activity: 552
Merit: 1
In my opinion, the investors are to be blamed for dumping their coins early, most times when a coin is listed and bounty hunters have not been paid their due, you find out that the prices keeps dipping and you wonder why? How will it profit the investors to crash the price below the ICO price? Only to discover that they are still making profit from the huge bonuses received during pre-sales and the rest. Another thing that makes me believe it cant be the bounty hunters, is the fact that the total allocation for bounties is always meagre sum of the total token allocation. This should in no way affect thre price of the coin.
Activity: 71
Merit: 0

You have an point also that some investors that has whales they can really manipulate the ups and down of an ICO project. they can supply almost all small buyers of that coins while also earning because of there big bonuses, while its still an ICO project. But not all ICO projects are like this, sometimes the cause of early dump of every token is lack of support to the team after the ICO ends.
Activity: 588
Merit: 103
I think Both on them but mostly i think bounty hunters including also airdroppers and bounty manager they are the reason why the price of a token or coin is dumping the price.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Its so sad when we have been made to believe its bounty hunters who dump their bounty tokens immediately after ICO and so devalue the coins on the market. Because of this notion, project managers these days try to delay bounty rewards while some even go ahead to give small rewards so that the actions of bounty hunters will not affect the price of their coins. Now I participated in this bounty and we were paid late as usual. We went to the market and realized the price was already down, even below the ICO price. So who caused it ? I think we should have a second look at this issue. Don't you think its the investors who get bonuses during the ICO who try to dump their bonuses for profit and not the bounty hunters as we have been made to believe?. Let me hear your opinions guys

Some projects, even if not organized bounty, are widely promoted, can still be pumb. But it can also help us to assert that the project is not potent enough, so it can not withstand that price shock.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
I don't think people who win the bounty are so effective at drop prices. Usually the price has already fallen until the bounty are distributed. It makes more sense to think that ICO investors sell early.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
Both i guess bounty hunters are dumping because they  need money and early investors are dumping his bonus coins.However ico  pay bounty hunters with delays.Problem is lack of volume on small exchanges where tokens appear
Activity: 627
Merit: 250
The Pope Of Dope
I think it depends from coin and from it's advantage, if it one of unknown coins no one try to keep it and price is going down. Bounty hunters sell almost every time their tokens first of all and for sure they can affect at price but not for a long period of time.
Activity: 133
Merit: 12
Loonie Network - For Bounty hunters & Freelancers
My opinion that price dump is the result of profit fixing of Private investors, pre-Sale and Pre-pre-Sale investors with huge bonuses and unfair developers and only in some cases, bounty hunters are the reason.
In most cases these are the ones who actually receive huge amounts that actually can have an impact to the price, compared to bounty hunters who's share is always much smaller. Someone who put money into a project to make more money will sell and take profit when the first chance presents itself because they don't want to lose money. A bounty hunter who didn't invest money but time might be willing to hodl because they have nothing to lose.
Chances are that they might also have more faith in the project since they spend more time promoting it.
Pages:
Jump to: