Pages:
Author

Topic: Who dump coins early; Bounty hunters or ICO investors? - page 17. (Read 2702 times)

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372
It all depends on how big the bounty pool was, and on what kind of bonuses for investors were at the sales stage. If the bounty pool was not big then it can not affect the price in any way, and the same with bonuses.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 504
Managers has the right to do what they think will be beneficial to the project/ICO, if they think that its fine to let the investors have their tokens first to trade, its okay.

You're over thinking about your tokens/stakes but you haven't put it on your mind that developers can also cause dump.
Activity: 662
Merit: 250
My opinion that price dump is the result of profit fixing of Private investors, pre-Sale and Pre-pre-Sale investors with huge bonuses and unfair developers and only in some cases bountyhunters are the reason.
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
You may have come up with the right assumption. There are actually whales who buy huge portions of the tokens and come the token end of the ICO, they dump their coins in order to gather profits. Once the token gets listed at an exchange, these whales sell all their tokens. Because of this, the price of the token goes down.

This is not the case all the time, however, as it is possible that the ICO has not been as successful.
Yes you have a point there, because the whales are those who own higher percentages of the coins, a dump from even one of them can disrupt the market price significantly compared to small amount own by the hunters
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 2
You have made a very good assumption there. Bounty hunters are always the ones who are blamed. I think we should look more into this issue and find who the real dumpers are
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
I think each ICO is different than the other. There are many factors you can look at to give you a hint who's selling the most. Usually seed investors and private sale got huge bonuses and some with lockup, I think if there's no lockup most likely would be the private investors as most of them right now are VCs and all what they care about it a quick $$

In Other cases, if the bounty is huge and been distributed before listing, unfortunately, many bounty hunters sell at market price.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
You may have come up with the right assumption. There are actually whales who buy huge portions of the tokens and come the token end of the ICO, they dump their coins in order to gather profits. Once the token gets listed at an exchange, these whales sell all their tokens. Because of this, the price of the token goes down.

This is not the case all the time, however, as it is possible that the ICO has not been as successful.
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
Its so sad when we have been made to believe its bounty hunters who dump their bounty tokens immediately after ICO and so devalue the coins on the market. Because of this notion, project managers these days try to delay bounty rewards while some even go ahead to give small rewards so that the actions of bounty hunters will not affect the price of their coins. Now I participated in this bounty and we were paid late as usual. We went to the market and realized the price was already down, even below the ICO price. So who caused it ? I think we should have a second look at this issue. Don't you think its the investors who get bonuses during the ICO who try to dump their bonuses for profit and not the bounty hunters as we have been made to believe?. Let me hear your opinions guys
Pages:
Jump to: