Pages:
Author

Topic: Who likes pod miners? - page 15. (Read 56015 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 12
January 19, 2018, 10:41:30 PM
I can run 10x compac's on 1 PI v1/2 with a slight overclocked, headless, with a scheduled reboot every 45min, running debian.

I can run 10x 2pac's on an old hardkernel ODROID-X. This also ran +-50-70 gridseed orbs, 2x pepper miners and 5x one string miners at the same time back in the day with chained USB hubs, but limited to 2 chains. It is the best dev/mini board I have used to date. I have tried a newer hardkernel C1+ device and it can't run anything for longer then 5 min and just hangs.

BBB, are ok and also have USB issues, except with the gridseed blade and pepper miners. I used to run 10x blades on one BBB and never even had one lock up or issue on debian, it also doesn't like USB hub chaining.

All of the above are always headless.

Pardon my newbness for two secs... but by headless do you mean that you don't fully enclose them?
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 10:22:15 PM
I remember having the same issue with my pi setting up my second's 2pacs.  It was very frustrating.  The slub debug fix in the command line fixed the issue, The thing was the file would delete itself if I ever changed the input from hdmi/LCD. Hopefully, this info will help.

Had the same issue with my 2pacs and a Pi and the slub debug fix solved the problem. Running 24/7 no issues since then. That could be part of the solution but with computers, who knows...
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
January 19, 2018, 06:45:35 PM
Are those enabled in Minera by default? Do those cause a Pi to lock up entirely and stop responding on SSH?

The first thing I need to do is get a new Pi. Not really sure how old is the one I'm using. What's the one everybody likes right now? Version 3?

no.. im using the minera img from getminera on my model b (the old one with the yellow and blue port) pi and it doesnt reboot or shut off..

the only thing i can think that will make the pi reboot or shutoff is if you are somehow overloading the usb port.. they only do 500a and if you hit them with more the whole thing shuts off.
Activity: 358
Merit: 255
January 19, 2018, 03:50:20 PM
I can run 10x compac's on 1 PI v1/2 with a slight overclocked, headless, with a scheduled reboot every 45min, running debian.

I can run 10x 2pac's on an old hardkernel ODROID-X. This also ran +-50-70 gridseed orbs, 2x pepper miners and 5x one string miners at the same time back in the day with chained USB hubs, but limited to 2 chains. It is the best dev/mini board I have used to date. I have tried a newer hardkernel C1+ device and it can't run anything for longer then 5 min and just hangs.

BBB, are ok and also have USB issues, except with the gridseed blade and pepper miners. I used to run 10x blades on one BBB and never even had one lock up or issue on debian, it also doesn't like USB hub chaining.

All of the above are always headless.

Activity: 78
January 19, 2018, 02:59:13 PM
I use a headless (no HDMI, ssh and serial console only) rpi3 with raspian to run 2nds 2PAC, and it runs for weeks on end without any care or feeding.

Activity: 120
Merit: 2
January 19, 2018, 02:06:48 PM
I remember having the same issue with my pi setting up my second's 2pacs.  It was very frustrating.  The slub debug fix in the command line fixed the issue, The thing was the file would delete itself if I ever changed the input from hdmi/LCD. Hopefully, this info will help.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
January 19, 2018, 12:53:30 PM
(this is a USB device you can plug into a common consumer computer running anything cgminer works on, but it also has a 5V USB power jack for running a small SBC controller like a Pi without needing anything extra)
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
January 19, 2018, 12:30:48 PM
my Pi locks up.

I read this a lot on this forum. Maybe just having a USB device we can plug into a common consumer computer (e.g. Dell, Apple, etc) running Windows, Linux, or macOS will be a more reliable setup?
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
January 19, 2018, 10:43:50 AM
Not sure, I haven't ever tried using Minera.  Undecided

I have RPi 3 and it has been stable for weeks now so far, 24/7.
Raspbian OS and it is acting as a controller for my Futurebit Moonlander2 setup.
legendary
January 19, 2018, 10:16:00 AM
Are those enabled in Minera by default? Do those cause a Pi to lock up entirely and stop responding on SSH?

The first thing I need to do is get a new Pi. Not really sure how old is the one I'm using. What's the one everybody likes right now? Version 3?
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
January 19, 2018, 10:05:01 AM
@sidehack
Maybe disabling the blank screen screen saver and disabling the powersave mode would solve the problem?
Activity: 358
Merit: 255
January 19, 2018, 09:55:04 AM
I have always had issues with PI's doing this. Let us know if you get a fix.
legendary
January 19, 2018, 09:31:00 AM
Oh no, it's much smaller than that. Fans are about 50mm. The whole thing is 100mm square. One of these days I'll post a quick sketch of dimensions with corner screw sizes and locations, height with fans, jack positions and the like.

Right now my little guy keeps dropping out, but it's because my Pi locks up. Not sure exactly why and there's a lot of info on here how to prevent that. It's not exactly a new unit and my SD card might be lousy. Gonna talk to Phil about a good reliable setup, he's pretty good at Pi stuff. If we (and the Minera guy) can figure out something decent I'll try and make a Pi controller a kit option.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
January 19, 2018, 02:20:07 AM
Nice, i did not realize that it uses two fans (80mm, right?).
Activity: 333
Merit: 250
January 18, 2018, 06:21:42 PM
Any chance we can get physical dimensions for those of us who want to 3D print cases for these?  Thanks.
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
January 17, 2018, 03:19:50 PM
http://kano.is/worker.php?a=1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr_TerminusPI

250MHz, 110GH, 4.5 amps (54 watts DC). Hopefully it stays up for a while.

This is GREAT news that I have long been waiting to hear! Count me in for at least one unit when ready please. Very nice !!!
January 17, 2018, 06:14:13 AM
And with that, BM1384 product development is pretty much officially closed. The next miner will use better and faster chips for, hopefully, a much more reasonable price efficiency.

And don't tell anyone I said so, but I'm going to look into compressing some of the onboard features to a future stickminer - trip recovery should greatly reduce "zombie" states, and if we can figure out communication maybe an onboard temp sensor will give readouts in cgminer?

This is exciting news. Congrats! I’m anxious to play. Just bought a small KVM switch for my few Raspberry Pi toys in anticipation of this one joining my family of two already. Fun times.
January 17, 2018, 06:07:13 AM
I'm down for 2-3 of these around $100-$110 when they're ready. Maybe 4 so I can gift one to a newbie and help spread interest in the cause.

I'm totally a newbie! Never mineded before ever... just ignore my username....

Ha. Just kidding. That's awesome you are willing to donate to friends and show them how it works. Mining is great for converting people, that's how I got my wife interested in crypto. Kudos to you!

Miner wife?  You're a lucky man!

No kidding! I was gonna say the same thing.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1307
January 17, 2018, 03:22:04 AM
have you planned a EU Version for bitshopper.de ?
Activity: 52
January 17, 2018, 02:59:31 AM
Great news! That's awesome!!!
Pages:
Jump to: