Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 145. (Read 901343 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
August 27, 2016, 12:27:18 AM

This is a complete failure to understand science

Science is about communicating with other people via evidence and examples... if you cannot convince someone, you fail

That is a complete misunderstanding of science and what it is to be a scientist. Einstein did his best work when he was ignored as a patent clerk. Learn by example, learn from your mistakes, use the scientific method and understand that everything you know will be proven wrong on a long enough timeline, THAT is what it is to be a scientist practicing science of any kind.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
August 26, 2016, 09:39:11 PM
Imagine that you wanted to see that air exists, from a scientific standpoint. There is no paper for thousands of fundamentally known things of the universe.

The scientific evidence that God exists is fundamental. Probably no other paper has been written than the unscientific writings that I am doing here, and those of scientists who show that cause and effect, complex universe and universal complexity are real.

You can figure it out for yourself by taking the papers that show the three, and combining them to show God.

This is a complete failure to understand science

Science is about communicating with other people via evidence and examples... if you cannot convince someone, you fail

You cannot possibly convince anyone without showing them evidence... you aren't even trying

This reminds me of the south park episode with the underpants gnomes:
1) Collect underpants
2) ...?...
3) Profit!

At least come up with... something... anything... devise an experiment... be a scientist
August 26, 2016, 04:36:24 PM
And no I'm not going to help by quoting this time. read the damn book and maybe you will see the light
I have many times. That's why I'm an atheist

You literally just said you are willing to stake your future on what you read in a book that you don't even believe in. REKT.

Yup. the book fiction. Its crap. the God exist only in you nightmares. He is just as real as the easterbunny.

Well I won't be debating or arguing you. You sure do appear to have a lot of anger in your words. Be careful with that. People control others with their emotions, especially the ones you seem to be exhibiting in your messages. I hope your viewpoint works out for you in the end.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 26, 2016, 04:29:33 PM
And no I'm not going to help by quoting this time. read the damn book and maybe you will see the light

You literally just said you are willing to stake your future on what you read in a book that you don't even believe in. REKT.

Yup. the book fiction. Its crap. the God exist only in you nightmares. He is just as real as the easterbunny.

However, science and nature show that God is the great reality.

Cool

Again. Science have never proven a all mighty sky-daddy

But you can use the things of science to prove the existence of God.

Cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy all exist, and science affirms them. If you took one of them away, we would have either no universe, or a completely different universe. Combined, they show God. But since you don't WANT to acknowledge that God exists, you won't take the time to understand how science proves He exists.

However, nature shows that God exists. Complex machinery isn't built without intelligence. And the most complex machinery of all is found in nature and its existence.

Cool

Show me the paper.
You said a while ago that science works thru engineering nowadays.
That's true, but to prove the engineering, they have to write it down so other scientists can test it.
That is called a peer rewired paper.
 Show me the link to the paper where they prove it

Imagine that you wanted to see that air exists, from a scientific standpoint. There is no paper for thousands of fundamentally known things of the universe.

The scientific evidence that God exists is fundamental. Probably no other paper has been written than the unscientific writings that I am doing here, and those of scientists who show that cause and effect, complex universe and universal complexity are real.

You can figure it out for yourself by taking the papers that show the three, and combining them to show God.

However, nature shows God by the fact that it is machinery, as science is expressing every day.

Cool
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
August 26, 2016, 04:23:28 PM

Cool

Cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy all exist, and science affirms them. If you took one of them away, we would have either no universe, or a completely different universe. Combined, they show God. But since you don't WANT to acknowledge that God exists, you won't take the time to understand how science proves He exists.

However, nature shows that God exists. Complex machinery isn't built without intelligence. And the most complex machinery of all is found in nature and its existence.

Cool

Show me the paper.
You said a while ago that science works thru engineering nowadays.
That's true, but to prove the engineering, they have to write it down so other scientists can test it.
That is called a peer rewired paper.
 Show me the link to the paper where they prove it
legendary
August 26, 2016, 04:18:28 PM

Cool

Cool
August 26, 2016, 04:10:37 PM

Cool

Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
August 26, 2016, 04:09:32 PM
Can't speak for all and I don't consider myself an atheist - think a bit of Pascal's Wager added with the uncertainty of creation but a book I read a while back by Ayn Rand sums it up pretty good page starting at lower end page 3 then to 6 the PDF can be found here http://justonereason.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/The-Fountainhead.pdf

Religion's monopoly in the field of ethics has made it extremely difficult to communicate the emotional meaning and connotations of a rational view of life. Just as religion has preempted the field of ethics, turning morality against man, so it has usurped the highest moral concepts of our language, placing them outside this earth and beyond man's reach. "Exaltation" is usually taken to mean an emotional state evoked by contemplating the supernatural. "Worship" means the emotional experience of loyalty and dedication to something higher than man. "Reverence" means the emotion of a sacred respect, to be experienced on one's knees. "Sacred" means superior to and not-to-be-touched-by any concerns of man or of this earth.

But such concepts do name actual emotions, even though no supernatural dimension exists; and these emotions are experienced as uplifting or ennobling, without the self-abasement required by religious definitions. What, then, is their source or referent in reality? It is the entire emotional realm of man's dedication to a moral ideal. Yet apart from the man-degrading aspects introduced by religion, that emotional realm is left unidentified, without concepts, words or recognition. It is this highest level of man's emotions that has to be redeemed from the murk of mysticism and redirected at its proper object: man.

YES Azael yes, yes, yes. thank you so much. Thank you.   It is this highest level of man's emotions that has to be redeemed from the murk of mysticism and redirected at its proper object: man.

legendary
August 26, 2016, 04:09:23 PM

Cool
legendary
August 26, 2016, 04:06:46 PM
Read the bible. The only thing you need to do to be a christian is to believe in the holly spirit.
You can be a killer, a rapist, whatever. As long as you believe you go to heaven.
The only sin that can send you to hell is to denounce the holly spirit.

One can't believe on the Holy Spirit except that He gets the Word of God into himself/herself in some way... and I don't mean by eating paper. Why? It is only the Holy Spirit Who works faith in a person's heart, and the Holy Spirit only works through the Word of God.

Besides, anybody that becomes evil, or continues in his evil ways intentionally, disrupts his faith. Depending on how serious his crime, or how intentional, his faith is going bye-bye, or it was never there in the first place.

Since all people sin - even the real Christians - one needs to daily maintain at least the reminder of some of the words he formerly read in the Bible, or heard being read to him, if he wants to maintain his faith.

Cool

You can. Again read the bible.
The only sin that can condemn to hell is to denounce the holly spirit.
You can kill and rape all you want

But God makes the judgment whether or not you have remained in saving faith.

The only sin that is unforgiven is locked in unbelief with regard to Jesus salvation.

The salvation of God was put into place to save all people, if they accept the salvation of God, which is the salvation of Jesus. No matter the sin, you can be saved. But salvation isn't salvation of the righteous. It is salvation of sinners.

If you continue sinning after receiving salvation, then you have not really received salvation. You can't receive salvation and keep on sinning at the same time. Read the book of First John near the end of the Bible.

However, nobody stops sinning entirely. And this is the reason that God is the judge about each person individually. Only God can tell if a person is of the heart and mind that keeps him saved, even though he sins after being saved.

As for you, have you already locked yourself into unbelief? Read Hebrews in the Bible to see that if a person once was saved, and then falls away, it is impossible for him to be brought back to salvation.

Cool
August 26, 2016, 04:05:46 PM

August 26, 2016, 04:00:25 PM

August 26, 2016, 03:57:18 PM
Read the bible. The only thing you need to do to be a christian is to believe in the holly spirit.
You can be a killer, a rapist, whatever. As long as you believe you go to heaven.

One can't believe on the Holy Spirit except that He gets the Word of God into himself/herself in some way... and I don't mean by eating paper. Why? It is only the Holy Spirit Who works faith in a person's heart, and the Holy Spirit only works through the Word of God.

Besides, anybody that becomes evil, or continues in his evil ways intentionally, disrupts his faith. Depending on how serious his crime, or how intentional, his faith is going bye-bye, or it was never there in the first place.

Since all people sin - even the real Christians - one needs to daily maintain at least the reminder of some of the words he formerly read in the Bible, or heard being read to him, if he wants to maintain his faith.

Cool

You can. Again read the bible.
The only sin that can condemn to hell is to denounce the holly spirit.
You can kill and rape all you want
legendary
August 26, 2016, 03:42:55 PM

Cool
August 26, 2016, 03:32:48 PM
legendary
August 26, 2016, 03:28:57 PM

The percent of Harry Potter fans who read the book is small. The percent of Bible readers who read Harry Potter is small. Bible people feel sorry or the Molochs of the world.

Cool

The percent of people that call themselves Christians that have read the Bible is small. That's why we have Christianity

The number of people that really are Christians is far smaller than the number that call themselves Christians.

Basically, in order to be a real Christian, you need to believe that you are saved by the salvation that Jesus did on the cross. Any Christian can be mistaken about many things of Christ. And every Christian is going to be wrong about something that he thinks is the truth about Christ. However, in order to be a real Christian - a saved Christian - people need to maintain the reading or hearing of the Bible in their lives.

So, while the number of Christians in name may be greater than the number of real Christians, the real Christians read the Bible. From http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/Are%20most%20Christians%20even%20Christian.htm:
According to a recent survey in the United States, eighty-five percent of the people questioned said they were Christian. However, when questioned further under criteria of a evangelical Christianity that salvation only comes through faith in Jesus alone and that the truth and concepts in the Bible are totally inspired and should be their guide for living, only eight percent said that they could then be called Evangelical Christians.

Another survey said that less than 10 percent of Christians believe in absolute truth.

Yet another another survey of Evangelical Christians said that one third believed that Jesus sinned.

About half believed that you can find God through other religious.

Many think there is no hell.

These survey were taken in America but much of the world would say things that are equally revealing. These surveys help confirm a theory that I have that only a tithe (10 Percent) of those that identify with Christianity are actually born of the Holy Spirit and thus will be found worthy to leave in the Rapture. The Christians in name only will enter the tribulation.

Read more at From http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/Are%20most%20Christians%20even%20Christian.htm.

Many people, fake Christians and expressly non-Christians have read Harry Potter. Far more have not.

Cool
August 26, 2016, 03:02:40 PM

The percent of Harry Potter fans who read the book is small. The percent of Bible readers who read Harry Potter is small. Bible people feel sorry or the Molochs of the world.

Cool

The percent of people that call themselves Christians that have read the Bible is small. That's why we have Christianity
legendary
August 26, 2016, 12:10:04 PM

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
August 26, 2016, 10:59:56 AM
legendary
August 26, 2016, 08:40:28 AM
Can't speak for all and I don't consider myself an atheist - think a bit of Pascal's Wager added with the uncertainty of creation but a book I read a while back by Ayn Rand sums it up pretty good page starting at lower end page 3 then to 6 the PDF can be found here http://justonereason.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/The-Fountainhead.pdf

<>

There is no uncertainty of creation.

Everything in life is uncertain from the standpoint that we don't really know anything about the future, even once second into the future. Then, as we grow older, it all gradually fades away.

In a healthy, middle-aged, intelligent persons eyes and mind, entropy proves there was a Beginning... a creation. If there wasn't, entropy would have reduced everything in the universe to a meaningless mass of equilibrium-related material-energy-time that would have no complexity whatsoever.

Of course, the universe would never quite reach this pure state of entropy. But if the universe were not relatively young, such complexity as life would not exist any longer. Right now we can see it happening by looking at the fossil record. In the past there were hundreds of thousands of species that exist no longer.

The point? Some indescribable force made the universe, gave it complexity, and in mankind, gave it intelligence.

Cool
Jump to: