Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 146. (Read 901343 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 26, 2016, 08:27:54 AM

Humm lets look at this objectively for a moment.

In just the few posts of yours I happened to read (and I really don't seek them out) you have:

1) Started a new topic about a Satanist Running for Senate where you chose to bold and personally highlight the following sentence.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14833096

it’s refreshing to have a candidate running for office who advocates for wholesome Satanic values.

2) Publically called called for the killing of anyone who believes in religion  
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14057502

You can't... just kill everyone who believes in any religion... they'll go to heaven, and the world will be much better without religion

3) Chosen a name that just happens to be one of the most horrific pagan gods that ever existed. One who's worship demanded the sacrifice of young children by burning them alive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

You appear to have lost your way.

We should keep track of this guy, he is in this thread since Aug 2015, like myself and has never given any subjective info on the topic.

He's role here is only keeping you far from the truth and keep pushing his demons to you.

Beware: ignore him, and prey that he will burn in hell very soon.

Good work CoinCube: I stopped looking in his dangerous threads since January 2016. I have a life.

Best regards.

When you keep your eye on Moloch, remember that his ranting simply proves that God exists.

The Almighty God has given all of us the ability to think like a god... at least a little. And, He has given us time to learn how to think right. But He doesn't force any of us to think the correct way.

Moloch, like you and I, is simply using his freedom to show the existence of God in a way that is rather indirect. Part of the way he shows God is to reduce himself to insignificance by attempting to lambast God. Since he is showing the existence of God like you and me and many others, all it will take for him to turn to God is a simple flip of the switch.

In my above post, the cat is in the room. The cat has the flashlight. All he has to do is flip the switch. Then he will see Moloch and Moloch will see himself, and God there with him. But if the cat waits long enough, the charge in the batteries will drain away like batteries do, and Moloch just might never find the God he is professing in his negative way all the time.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 26, 2016, 08:16:49 AM

So the cat is there in the room after all. So you admit that God exists. Good to know  Smiley

LOL!

The black cat is holding the flashlight, but if he wants to find Moloch, he'll have to turn it on.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
August 26, 2016, 08:10:27 AM

In just the few posts of yours I happened to read (and I really don't seek them out) you have:

1) Started a new topic about a Satanist Running for Senate where you chose to bold and personally highlight the following sentence.

it’s refreshing to have a candidate running for office who advocates for wholesome Satanic values.

You can't... just kill everyone who believes in any religion... they'll go to heaven, and the world will be much better without religion

3) Chosen a name that just happens to be one of the most horrific pagan gods that ever existed. One who's worship demanded the sacrifice of young children by burning them alive.

We should keep track of this guy, he is in this thread since Aug 2015, like myself and has never given any subjective info on the topic.

He's role here is only keeping you far from the truth and keep pushing his demons to you.

Beware: ignore him, and prey that he will burn in hell very soon.

Good work CoinCube: I stopped looking in his dangerous threads since January 2016. I have a life.

Best regards.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 26, 2016, 08:09:14 AM
Can't speak for all and I don't consider myself an atheist - think a bit of Pascal's Wager added with the uncertainty of creation but a book I read a while back by Ayn Rand sums it up pretty good page starting at lower end page 3 then to 6 the PDF can be found here http://justonereason.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/The-Fountainhead.pdf

Religion's monopoly in the field of ethics has made it extremely difficult to communicate the emotional meaning and connotations of a rational view of life. Just as religion has preempted the field of ethics, turning morality against man, so it has usurped the highest moral concepts of our language, placing them outside this earth and beyond man's reach. "Exaltation" is usually taken to mean an emotional state evoked by contemplating the supernatural. "Worship" means the emotional experience of loyalty and dedication to something higher than man. "Reverence" means the emotion of a sacred respect, to be experienced on one's knees. "Sacred" means superior to and not-to-be-touched-by any concerns of man or of this earth.

But such concepts do name actual emotions, even though no supernatural dimension exists; and these emotions are experienced as uplifting or ennobling, without the self-abasement required by religious definitions. What, then, is their source or referent in reality? It is the entire emotional realm of man's dedication to a moral ideal. Yet apart from the man-degrading aspects introduced by religion, that emotional realm is left unidentified, without concepts, words or recognition. It is this highest level of man's emotions that has to be redeemed from the murk of mysticism and redirected at its proper object: man.
Activity: 210
narrowpathnetwork.com
August 26, 2016, 04:03:16 AM

So the cat is there in the room after all. So you admit that God exists. Good to know  Smiley
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
August 26, 2016, 03:41:08 AM
I'm an atheist but don't necessarily hate religion. I think a lot of atheists characterize religion by its most ignorant believers--which isn't always unfair, religious adherents like the United States' contemporary Evangelical Christian community do exert influence over policy and other people's lives.

But I think religion is a much more complex, textured thing for many people. While religion is not objectively true, it does change people's lives because it alters the way they encounter other people and the world. And that change is not always ... negative (thought it certainly can be). It's just another way to develop meaning and craft a life-narrative in an inherently meaningless existence. 

Though the fact that religion is not objectively true can present problems for some people. But then again, are philosophy, progress, politics or myriad other things that imbue people's lives with meaning objectively true?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
August 26, 2016, 12:37:32 AM
YOU NEED TO BURN IN HELL!!!!

Best regards.

Why? Because he posted an image? Damn.

Because he's using the name of the Demon that asked for childrens to burn in the fire.

Best regards.

That Wikipedia link is some dark reading. Very disturbing actually.

Tophet is Moloch, which was made of brass; and they heated him from his lower parts; and his hands being stretched out, and made hot, they put the child between his hands, and it was burnt; when it vehemently cried out; but the priests beat a drum, that the father might not hear the voice of his son, and his heart might not be moved.

the flames of which engulf the child. When the flames fall upon the body, the limbs contract and the open mouth seems almost to be laughing until the contracted body slips quietly into the brazier. Thus it is that the 'grin' is known as 'sardonic laughter,' since they die laughing.

Religious people are crazy... what can I say?

You guys believe and say the craziest shit

You are also quite mean

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
August 26, 2016, 12:17:27 AM

Best regards.

Because he's using the name of the Demon that asked for childrens to burn in the fire.

Best regards.

Tophet is Moloch, which was made of brass; and they heated him from his lower parts; and his hands being stretched out, and made hot, they put the child between his hands, and it was burnt; when it vehemently cried out; but the priests beat a drum, that the father might not hear the voice of his son, and his heart might not be moved.

the flames of which engulf the child. When the flames fall upon the body, the limbs contract and the open mouth seems almost to be laughing until the contracted body slips quietly into the brazier. Thus it is that the 'grin' is known as 'sardonic laughter,' since they die laughing.

You are also quite mean

The demon Moloch is pretty sick, but falls pale compared to the bible god and it's lengthy list of atrocities.
People would consider their morals too high to worship Molach, yet their morals get thrown out the window when they worship the bible god.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Pure evil.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
August 25, 2016, 11:46:55 PM
They just don't have one so they fell left out so thats why they hate the ones that do.

They fell very lonely. Cry
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
August 25, 2016, 11:45:35 PM

Best regards.

Best regards.

You are also quite mean
legendary
August 25, 2016, 08:04:10 PM

Best regards.

Best regards.

August 25, 2016, 07:55:18 PM

It's more like...

PHILOSOPHY is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat.

METAPHYSICS is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there. - FALSE
It's black cat in dark room. You don't know if black is there or not. You can't conclude black cat isn't there.

THEOLOGY is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat and shouting "I found it" because black cat came to it.

SCIENCE  is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat using a fucking flashlight denying black cat in its arm. (from theology's view)
legendary
August 25, 2016, 07:47:50 PM

Best regards.

Best regards.
legendary
August 25, 2016, 02:58:43 PM

Best regards.

Amusingly BitNow (in his six angry words) has just inadvertently answered this thread's original question.
Activity: 160
August 25, 2016, 02:13:48 PM

Best regards.

legendary
August 25, 2016, 02:11:01 PM

Amusing but utterly incoherent. Science is built upon metaphysics.

Fix your life? Fix your metaphysics by Bruce Charlton
http://charltonteaching.blogspot.com/2016/06/fix-your-life-fix-your-metaphysics.html

Metaphysics are your fundamental assumptions. These are chosen: they were chosen by you (although you probably weren't aware of choosing them, but just passively accepted them).

Fundamental assumptions are chosen - but they are not arbitrary; because the assumptions have consequences. You can choose whatever you want to believe - but sometimes you will not be able to make yourself live-by these chosen beliefs; and other times you will live by them (including thinking by them) such that they lead to nonsensical and therefore self-refuting outcomes.

The trouble is that in a world where people have stopped thinking- and when their assumptions lead to incoherent, nonsensical conclusions, instead of sorting-out their metaphysics - they just stop thinking (easier to do than ever before in human history - due to the ubiquity of mass media and social media).

Anyway - my point is that if you have certain (very common) assumptions, then you will either have a nihilistic, hope-less and despairing world view --- or else you will have to stop yourself thinking about anything serious.

There are innumerable commonly-held assumptions that lead to this: that Man has no free will, that the world is either random and unpredictable or else rigidly predetermined, that nothing exists except what has been described by 'science', that morality is a matter of opinion, that beauty is wholly in the eye of the beholder... oh, there are dozens of such.

Indeed, most of people's primary assumptions nowadays are of a type that lead to nonsensical or incoherent conclusions - so it is futile to complain about the low standard of rational public debate when rational debate is only possible on the basis that people are able and willing to examine and revise their assumptions when they lead to absurd outcomes.

Because perhaps the most absurd modern metaphysical assumption of all is that metaphysics is meaningless and all decisions should be made on the basis of 'evidence'!

Whereas (as quickly becomes apparent in any disagreement) unless there is agreement on metaphysical assumptions then the cannot even be agreement on what counts as evidence, leave aside the matter of evaluating the strength of evidence...
legendary
August 25, 2016, 01:03:23 PM
it's very strange why many atheists are hating christians while all (real) christians love atheists  Smiley
And even God loves them, but they still act crumpy. Very strange  Cheesy

Hating Christians would be silly and not acceptable. They are entitled to believe in what they like. They are entitled to be left alone, IF they leave others alone.

Christianity on the other hand is a religious ideology. A different ball game. Hating an ideology is perfectly acceptable.
However, Christianity hates Christians because it deceives them into worshipping a false god.

Pity Christians, don't hate them. They are the victims of Christainity, show them some compassion. Smiley

narrowpathnetwork.com
August 25, 2016, 12:23:04 PM
it's very strange why many atheists are hating christians while all (real) christians love atheists  Smiley
And even God loves them, but they still act crumpy. Very strange  Cheesy
legendary
August 25, 2016, 12:12:01 PM

Best regards.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
August 25, 2016, 02:24:05 AM
Jump to: